End~

Random peach chapstick

honestly, irene should've thought better then picking the library that was literally on top of the high school, to volunteer at. because, a, kids are annoying. b, she did not sign up to listening to them makeout in a corner.

but it was the closest thing that held a notion of something exciting in this weird town.

explanation: she had been sent to the beachside to live with her aunt and uncle for the summer. and yes, as much as a beach can be fun, it gets annoying when the sun changes your skin from pale to lightly tanned to you are literally a burnt piece of toast. plus, a small town always has the same people and they always knew who you were.

back to the library though.

 

irene looked up, cheeks already tainted with a light blush from the moans that were coming from the philosophy section. damn the philosophy section.

her eyes darted from one side of the room to the other. while this was sorta exciting, it definitely wasn't the sorta of excitement wanted to go through.

someone cleared their throat softly from behind her, and irene nearly tipped over in her chair, spinning around.

"right, so i know this isn't the most opportune time. but my name is joy, and can you go along with whatever i say for the next few minutes?" a pretty brown eyed girl - no, a very pretty brown eyed girl whispered from across the counter to her.

naturally, being very prone to internal gay panic, irene just sputtered for a few seconds, caught off guard.

the girl - joy - apparently took this as a yes, and promptly swung her legs over the counter, landing inside of irene's space. so close in fact that the black haired could smell perfume and body heat rolling off.

"w-what are you doing?" she squeaked, face flushing and good gosh, her reputation for being the person who looked like they could beat you up, was diminishing by the second.

"just follow along."

and to irene's shock, joy started .

what the fu-

"pretend," joy muttered, but irene could really only focus on how joy was slowly getting closer.

"can you hear that?"

a female's voice spoke up, the philosophy section quiet for a moment. her partner in crime grumbled, "jeez, just kiss me."

"ew, no! there's someone else in here."

"nobody except for that stingy irene."

well, usually irene would have jumped up by now, ordering them to move it. usually. now, a really pretty girl is almost grinding on her knee and the only thing irene can do is clutch her armrests tighter. joy only smiled at the conversation, leaning forward even more and looked irene straight into the eyes before brushing her silky brown hair over her shoulder and connecting their lips together.

to an honest truth, they both sigh when the brunette turned her head to angle the kiss better.

but then irene remembered that she didn't even know this girl (though her chapstick was very addictive and lips very soft) and they were in a library for goodness sakes.

before she can do anything though, joy swiped her tongue out to probe gently for access and irene lost anything that made sense.

a crash broke them apart (or was it the need to breath?), two high schoolers ran past the counter, hands intertwined as they stopped only to stare at irene.

"oh my gosh, stingy irene's actually getting some." the boy yelled.

"and from joy too," the girl added, waving towards the brunette with a smirk.

irene sputtered, trying to aruge that it wasn't what it looked like, only to look down and see her thigh shoved between two slender legs. horrified, she backpedaled - quite literally into the wall - and stood up, pressing her hands together. "i'm sorry!"

was she going in trouble? probably. let's hope prison at least had nice bathrooms.

the highschoolers had disappeared in irene's panic, but as she stood, bowing, irene wondered how they knew joy. she knew almost everyone who lived in this town. was the girl coming back? was she new?

all this ran through her mind, the taste of peach chapstick clinging to her lips.

"i literally made you do that, no need to apologize." joy grinned, leaning against the counter. "just needed to scare away those two with some moans."

"...then why'd you kiss me?" immediately, the black haired girl tried to regain whatever strains of her more serious side (or whatever yeri called it "you could kill with your looks, literally and figuratively").

"i mean, making out isn't really convincing unless you kiss."

oh. right.

she straightened. watched the girl examine her fingernails before sliding back over the counter. it was getting more embarrassing now, as irene thought about it. but at least the moans had stopped.

"you kiss nice." joy said, and irene noticed she was tall at least compared to herself.

"uh, thanks?"

"i'm going to guess that you won't understand my hints. Listen - you're hot, i'm hot. i'm giving you my number, you should call me sometime." the taller girl grinned, looking proud for being straightforward and scrawled something on a sticky note. "i gotta dash, see you around."

with those last words, irene silently watched as joy disappeared out of the sliding doors. she slumped back down into her chair, staring at nothing and everything at the same time.

 

hey, if you want, here.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

keep it safe ;) 

 

and that was the day irene decided peach chapstick was great.

 

 

(a/n: tbh, i wrote this for a different ship but turned out to fit joyrene best. Lol, they're so gay - in my mind, unfortunately I haven't seen much irl joyrene recently.