Will He Be My Valentine?

Will He Be My Valentine? [oneshot]

JaeJoong's POV

When i saw you walking towards me, my heart went berserk. What should i do? I hugged the greeting card i’ve been meaning to give you close to my heart. I took a step to the left, making enough space for you to walk without noticing my presence.

You gracefully moved pass me. You changed your cologne? Why? I liked the older one better but it’s not like it matters what i do or don’t like about you. I’m just another stranger in your life, am i not?

3 years...3years has passed since i first saw you. Since you stole my heart. I never once regretted running into you during my yearly visit to Korea, although everything changed ever since.

I moved from New York to Seoul.

I enrolled into the your school.

I became the invisible guy so that i can watch you closely without being noticed.

I own more of your favourite things than mine in the dream of giving it to you someday.

I hide at the corner of the classroom corridor every morning like a creepy stalker just to see you walk into your class.

I unknowingly learnt to read your gestures so well that i know the meaning of the smallest hand wave that means nothing to others.

I know it when you are sad.

I know it when you happy.

And i know it when you simply don’t care.

I love you more than anything in this world. Will you ever notice me?

I kept an eye on you as you talked to your classmates. Girls.

I wished my stare could burn holes into their heads. Their shrill laughter angered me more. I turned around and walked away, not wanting to inflict any more pain on myself.

****

The waves crashed on my bare feet as i sat by the beach side. The beach calms me down and helps me take things off mind my but not you, never you. I wonder if there was a second or even a millisecond in the past three years that I’ve unintentionally forgotten to think about you. You even haunt me in my sweetest dreams.

I sound like an obsessed lunatic, don’t i?

I blame it on you. All of this is your fault. None of these would have happened to me if you weren’t so perfect in my eyes.

I let out a sigh. Not out of regret of loving you but out of frustration of not being brave to pick up some courage to approach you.

Every morning when the alarm rings the first thing that comes to my mind is you and that i must talk or at least make you aware of my presence, but when my eyes falls on you, every bit of my courage crumbles.

My cell phone beeped.

'Stop thinking about him and come back.' The message from my roommate said. I smiled. Yoochun understood me well, he’s the only person who knew the truth but never once has he judged me for who i am, it makes me appreciate life more.

I watched as the sun disappeared behind the mountains and hugged myself as the chilled wind made me shiver.

****

It’s Valentine’s Day. A day with a pinch of extra torture for people like me. I sat quietly on my table and desperately tried to block of all the ‘i love yous’ and ‘be my valentines’ my classmates were uttering to their respective other half from my ears. My ear drums was dying a slow death due to the endless love confessions.

“Depressed?” i heard Yoochun ask.

I nodded. He handed me an envelope. “Hope this makes you feel better.” He said. I looked at him questioningly out of shock. “Don’t get the wrong idea; it’s for you but not from me. I found it on my desk.” He said, smiling from amusement at my reaction.

Relieved, i thanked him. Respecting my privacy, Yoochun left me alone to look at the content of the envelope.

It was a pink cover with my name messily scribbled on it.  A heart shaped stamp was stuck at the right corner. I opened it curiously and took a piece of neatly folded paper out.

“Go to the corridor”

Go out to the corridor? I was convinced that it was a prank and kept the paper aside. But how if it’s not? Cursing my curiosity i stepped out of my classroom onto the corridor, convinced that i wouldn’t find anything.

I looked around. The corridor was empty, heaving a sigh i turned around to go back to my seat but i halted when i saw an identical looking envelope with my name on it pasted on the door. Hesitantly i took the envelope and opened it.

“Go to the 2nd floor”

What in the world? I walked towards the stairs, grumbling.

I reached 2nd floor and immediately searched for the next ‘ clue’. It wasn’t an envelope this time, it was a package. Uninterested, i tore of the wrapping paper into shreds. A box of chocolates. It wasn’t any box of chocolate, it was my favourite and it’s only available in the States.

How did this person know?

“Go up to the roof top.” The card on the box said.

Curiosity overpowered me. I ran up the stairs, two at a time and was breathless when i reached the roof top.

Where is it? I looked around impatiently and spotted a bouquet of tulips standing by the railing. I adored tulips.

I could see another card on it. I grabbed the flowers a pulled out the card.

“Look inside the box”

Box? What box? Where am i going to find for a...

My gaze fell on a gift box on my far left. Taking a deep breath i walked and knelt down beside the box. I lifted the lid and looked inside.

There were pictures. Pictures of me at the beach and at school and at my favourite hawker stall and many other places that i frequent.

There were other things too. One of it was a couple rings that i’ve always wanted to own but never could afford it. I dug deeper; it was filled with things that i adore and favourite.

And at the bottom of a box, there was another envelope.

And this time it said:

“Will you stop stalking me and be my Valentine? ”

I furrowed my brows looking at the statement or was it a question.

Stalk? I don’t...

My eyes widened in bewilderment. I felt dizzy. Is this some kind of a sick joke?

A short cough from behind startled me. Heart beating onto my chest, i turned around slowly.

And the rapid heartbeat nearly stopped when my gaze fell on you. Yes, you.

You were smiling, at me. That precious smile and it’s meant for me. Can someone die out of happiness or am i going to be the first one?

You took small steps towards me. I swallowed hard, trying to keep my eyes focused on you.

“Hello.” you greeted sheepishly, blushing.

“He..hello.” i said. Finally.

****

A few days later.

“Yunho-sshi, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” I started the conversation.

“Yeah?” you responded, looking straight into my eyes. I immediately looked down. It’s still feels surreal that you’re sitting here, beside me by the beach. It’s better than how i imagined it to be.

I played with the sand to ease my nervousness caused by your intense stare.

“Those photos of me. When..how did you get it?” i asked.

“I took them myself.” You answered coolly.

Your answer made me smile like an idiot. I hung my head further to hide my flushed face.

“That makes you a stalker too.” I teased.

 You let out a small laugh and ruffled my hair with your big, warm hands.

 “But i’m not as good as you.” you teased back.

I let out a giggle, knowing that what you said was a fact.

“And the presents...i got it after looking at your Facebook profile. Not the most romantic gesture, but i wanted to know more about you...and you always so quiet.” You explained. After taking a deep breath you continued, “Honestly, i never noticed you at first but one day i saw you here, at the beach, right at this spot. And i think it just happened. I fell in love. Sounds crazy huh?” you asked.

“A little.” I answered, crinkling my nose. “But i’ve done crazier things.” I added.

You were staring again. It made me shift uneasily. My heart start pounding when you touched my face and i swear i heard fireworks when you touched your soft lips to mine.

My face was burning hot as i pulled away and embarrassedly hugged my knees.

You smoothed my hair and we sat in silence, watching the sun fade away below the horizon. The golden-orange colour of the sunset looked especially stunning today.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I asked.

You nodded in agreement. “But not as beautiful as you.”


THE END


 

Hope u didn't hate the story..

the flow of the story wasn't really smooth as i didn't exactly plan the story line.

SORRY!

 

dr_elf15