fin

10 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun's POV

 

 

I've been staring at this piece of old paper way too long now, sigh I can't help it. I just love her so much.

 

I caressed the paper with my and her signature on it. It may be a little too childish but what can I do? I fell inlove with my bestfriend way too long and longer than what I've imagined.

 

I smiled as I reminsced the day Sana and I had a deal.

 

"Unnie."


"What is it Dahyunnie?"


"If..If you don't have anybody in the next 10 years...Will you marry me?"


My feelings for her isn't hidden nor she's being dense about it but I've been courting her for over a year already and I still haven't got my answer that's why when she said the following words, it really made me happy.

 

"Sure! Hmmm Kim Sana, it suits well!"

 

"Really? Oh my–do you really mean it?!"

 

"Of course..silly."

 

"Then will you sign here? This will be my solid proof to you!" 

 

"Hai, hai. Done!" 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"Promise." 

 

My reverie broke when I heard my cellphone ring, I immediately picked it up and heard shouting in the background. 


"Uhh hello?" 


"Oh! Ms. Kim! Sorry for the disturbance but this is the Graize Club manage–" 


I didn't let him continue and instead picked up my leather jacket on the couch and ran outside my apartment. 


"I'm coming!" 

 

Even after everything, even after 9 long years, I'm still hopeful.

 

I arrived in the club 15 minutes later and saw my bestfriend, the love of my life, wasted on the bar counter, muttering japanese words I unfortunately can't seem to understand.

 

"I'll take it from here." The bartender bowed and left the two alone.

 

I gently poked Sana's cheeks, "Sana-chan..let's go home? It's already late, you still have work tomorrow." I softly said but Sana just glared at me, not recognizing who she's looking at, at first.


"Ohh~ Dahyuunnniiieeee! Did you come here to join me?" Sana smelled expensive whiskey, vodka and a mix of other hard alcoholic beverages but at the same time she smells like flowers–cherry blossom to be exact but I didn't mind it.

 

I scrunched my nose, just smiled at Sana and cupped her face, "Nope. Let's go home."

 

3rd Person's POV

 

Getting Sana out of the bar was easy but bringing her home wasn't, it also didn't helped the fact that Dahyun's car is on repair after she crashed her own car to Sana's car who's attempting suicide that time


Yes, Minatozaki Sana has already been attempting suicide not once but twice and the doctor said to keep an eye on her since the doctor said someone who atrempted suicide might do it again and so even if Dahyun got most of the injuries back there, knowing Sana is safe and breathing is already enough for her.

 

"Unnie, Stand up! Please it's past 2am."


They've been there for almost an hour and 30 minutes already. If there is one thing Dahyun could describe to her bestfriend, it's that she's hella stubborn.


"No! I won't go home! I want to drink..drink..or maybe die too.. Dahyunnie just let go of my hand!" Sana tried her hardest to jerk her hand away but fortunately for Dahyun, drunk Sana is weak so she managed.

 

"No unnie! What would happen if I let your hand go, huh?!" Dahyun used her freee hand waving for a taxi but it just speeded past by her.

 

Then Sana started crying, "I don't want it!" She's throwing a tantrums now..in the streets but Dahyun knows Sana's just hurting and so with no choice left she crouched and gave Sana her favorite piggy back ride.

 

That seemed to calm the older one down, "Ahhhh you smell like her." Sana said, sniffing Dahyun's perfume as she drifts into a deep slumber.

 

But unnie, it is me.

 

I have no choice but to take her to my apartment since it's just a walking distance. I gently placed her on my mattress and covered her up, I was about to go when she held my arm so tight, so tight that I couldn't have the heart to let go. 


Then she started crying again, it hurts to see her like this. If only I can be a remedy then why not. I sat on the floor and lend her my arm as I watch her cry herself to sleep


~~~

"Thanks for helping me out Dahyun-ah, if it weren't for you then I'm dead meat."

 

 

"Don't worry about it Mina-unnie! Just call me again if ever you need help with that presentation of yours, I'm sure Chaeng wouldn't mind right?" Dahyun joked and she earned a slap on the arm for that.

 

"Yah! Chaeng's not my girlfriend, besides she's wooing Momo. I'm her cousin, it's natural for her to be overprotective of me." Mina pouted.

 

Dahyun widened her eyes at this, "Jjjinjaaa?! Woah I never would've guessed. The way she acts around you.. Are you sure she's not into some cousin ?" Dahyun joked again and this time Mina pinched her cheek.

 

"Kidding, kidding!" Dahyun laughed and wiggled her way out of Mina's pinches.

 

"So, how's it doing in your end?" Mina asked.

 

"Hmm? Oh." Dahyun's mood suddenly flipped 180 degrees and lets her gaze fall on the paperworks she's holding.

 

"The usual."

 

"Sana's still giving you a hard time?" Mina asked.

 

"No...n-no.. Well she's been doing great actually. She even took me out on a Coffee Date last saturday." Dahyun explained but Mina can see how Dahyun's eyes speaks the opposite.

 

"Dah–"

 

A beep was heard from Dahyun's phone and instinctively fished it, opening the message and she was shocked to see this.

 

I can't do it, I want to die. I'm sorry Dahyunnie. - Sana

 

Dahyun immediately shoved her paperworks to Mina and quickly apologized before running out of the building.

 

"SANAAA!!"


Dahyun didn't know how she did it but luckily she found Sana on time, just infront of the JYPE commercial building, ready to cross the road with the lights still green. 

 

Dahyun ran like her life depended on it which is exactly true and Sana took a step but when she was about to get hit by a truck Dahyun pulled her wrist and embraced her tightly. 

 

Dahyun is panting and Sana started to cry again, hitting Dahyun's chest while muttering, "Why did you stop me!"  or "Can't you just let me be?!" 


Dahyun didn't mind the pain as long as Sana is safe, she needs to take Sana to the hospital. 


~~


"Can't you do something about it?" 


"I did and sent her to the hospitak she's admitted before." Dahyun sighed and sipped her coffee. 


"This is becoming worst, Dahyun." 


"I know Jihyo, I know." 


The 6 of them was supposedly super close with Sana and Dahyun being the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter