ER

even if this moment passes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ER
(twice/day6) sana/dowoon
post-grad au. 1.6k.
in all honesty, there were worse ways their relationship could've ended. sana and dowoon's.
a/n: another fic for my friend, the prompt was day6/twice!

(IMG CR: 1 / 2)

 

 

So it goes like this: Jeongyeon's already doing a horrible job of convincing Sana and Mina to go to her and Nayeon's house party over coffee. Well, mostly Sana; there's a tacit understanding between them that Mina's – as a true anomaly of Mendelian Genomics – a crossbreed between a hermit and a flake, and just dragging her out of that tiny, sterile apartment of hers for this used up the better part of Sana's Saturday. Mina looks slightly miserable now, staring into the depths of her nitrobrew, but that might just be because the corners of her lips are naturally downturned. Sana shoots her a reassuring smile when Jeongyeon's not looking that says same.

 

To make matters worse – "It'll be just like when we were in college," Jeongyeon continues as Sana pretends her grimace is from another acidic sip of her iced black coffee. To be fair, it's relatively horrible. "Like, Sungjin's coming, Brian's coming, Wonpil's coming, Jae – I don't remember if he's in the States now or what, actually – Chan, Jihyo, Momo..."

 

And Sana's about to open and decline the invitation when everything truly hits rock bottom. "And Yoon Dowoon," Jeongyeon polishes off with a sip of her own pricey latte. "You in?"

 

Mina gives Sana a look that probably says something like, don't do something dumb. Probably because instead of looking back, Sana finally concedes, reaches over the table for a sugar packet, and dumps the whole thing into her coffee.

 

She stirs it in with her straw. Sips it. Much better. "What time did you say it was again?"

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the thing – Sana was kind of a mess in college. 'Mess' as in she's dated over half of Jeongyeon and Nayeon's supposed guest list, which was basically a good part of their friend group back in the day, which made things, on a normal basis over the course of a semester, relationship status complicated for them all.

 

Sana has also made it her goal after graduating to become an upstanding working adult which meant, until a couple hours ago: 1) willingly avoiding all situations that could possibly put her face-to-face with any of her exes, and 2) cutting out simple carbs from her diet. Unfortunately –

 

"It's been two years!" she sighs over the phone, flopping onto her bed. "Why would they even wanna meet up with their friends from uni? Jae's like..." Sana makes a face. "A grandpa at this point."

 

Momo laughs that squeaky laugh of hers on the other side of the line. "They were in that band together," she points out. "And you're calling me right now. And you told Jeongyeon that you're going. Do you really want her and Nayeon hounding you for the rest of your life for bailing?"

 

Sana thinks about it. There was that time during third year when she promised Nayeon they'd study for their Communications midterm together, accidentally forgot, and then Nayeon spam-called her over and over again when she and Chan were making out in her and Momo's dorm room. "Is she like your mom or something?" Chan nervously tried to joke after witnessing Sana get fed up with the ringing, pick up the call, and scream for Nayeon to stop bothering them before hanging up and innocently smiling back at him where were we again? According to Jihyo, he's still afraid of her. "Ugh," Sana groans to Momo now, covering her face with a hand. "You're right."

 

Momo laughs again. "Are you still that not over Yoon Dowoon?" she starts. "Even after everybody told you that – "

 

Oh god. "Oops," Sana cuts her off suddenly. "I just remembered I forgot to water my succulent. We'll talk later, okay, at the party? Love you!"

 

"I thought you said it died five months ago!" is the last thing Momo yells into the receiver before Sana hangs up the cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter