CHOOSY

even if this moment passes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHOOSY
(twice/day6) nayeon/youngk
canon. 1.5k.
two times nayeon denied brian was hot and one time she kind of didn't.
a/n: written for my friend, the prompt i got was "hot!brian/any girl". if you watch this youngk rapping hunt compilation, you'll get it.

(IMG CR 1 / 2)

 

 

"Brian is not hot."

 

Jihyo and Sana turn around to look at her at her sudden outburst. Okay, to be fair, Nayeon didn't disagree with most of their rankings – Suzy had to be at the top because the number of them that trained with her had seen her bare-faced, tripping over her own feet during dance practice, blowing her nose noisily into a tissue when everyone was passing around the cold Wonpil had caught at school, and she still managed to be sparkling-aura-beautiful through it all; and Nayeon's pretty sure the reason she's seen the company gym more full than usual is Taecyeon's post-military service bod; and personally, Nayeon thinks Yeeun over Sunmi or Sohee, who Jihyo and Sana debated over for a good ten minutes but she gets it – but Kang Brian is where she has to draw the line.

 

"What about – " She's about to say Wonpil, but then she remembers that time pre-debut when he chased after the prop he'd accidentally flung across the practice room during a dance evaluation and subsequently nearly hit Jaebum in the face. Dowoon barely talks to her and Jae's nice but always speaking in English too fast for Nayeon to comprehend, so that leaves... "Sungjin?"

 

Jihyo frowns. "Don't lie." She throws a pillow at where Nayeon's star-fished on the floor after giving up on sit-ups. It gets her in the stomach. "You had, like, the biggest crush on Brian when he first joined."

 

Nayeon scoffs. "Did not!" She tosses the pillow back, but it veers off course and into the floor length blinds instead. The universe is conspiring against her. "Prove it," she challenges, sticking her tongue out at Jihyo.

 

Sana, who's all but ignored the Brian tangent aside from the knowing smile on her face, interjects: "How about Dowoon?"

 

 

 

 

 

The first encounter is completely avoidable. Only a fool would fall for Tzuyu's sad puppy eyes, asking someone to grab her water from her locker out front so she doesn't have to walk on her sprained ankle. And Nayeon is nothing if not a fool for sad puppy eyes Tzuyu.

 

Also: Nayeon's company locker is nowhere near Brian's. No, Nayeon's company locker is safely nestled next to Jackson's, who's overseas more often than he's in Seoul these days, and Chan's, who stays way later than she usually does anyway, so there's typically no obstacle standing between her and her things, perfect for when she's zombie-walking out of the building after practice to get back to the dorm.

 

Unfortunately, there's huge obstacle Kang Brian standing in the way of her and Tzuyu's.

 

"Hey," she sighs. He's got these wireless headphones over his ears and Nayeon can hear the drum beats of whatever he's playing on them from where she's stopped a safe distance away from him. No response. "Hey!" she tries again, a little louder.

 

Still nothing. She groans and then moves closer to tap his shoulder. That's when he finally acknowledges her presence, slowly turns his head to look at her, and reaches to take off the headphones.

 

It has to be said: when you've been in the company for as long as Nayeon has, and at the company building as often as Nayeon usually is, you see more times than not your peers as their un-broadcast-prepped selves. Nayeon's talking dark circles as deep as the pits of hell, stress breakouts, faces swollen from lack of sleep, and, for the guys that aren't in their promotional cycles, the occasional five o'clock shadow. Unfortunately again, it seems like Day6 is shooting something because Brian's clean-shaven today and his hair is styled neatly and Nayeon is pointedly not thinking about how one time when they'd gotten drunk in the dorm, Jeongyeon cackled, "The first day Brian walked into that dance practice room, everyone heard the sonic boom of you falling for him." His eyes light up when he realizes it's her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter