OO

[ONE-SHOT] Cucumber salad

''Your voice sounds like .'' She said in a firm voice.

She was Shin Mari. One of Korea's best vocal trainers and on top of that ChoPD's niece.

 

Mari was in the studio with Zico, Jaeho and Taeil. The poor boy in the recording room was Yukwon.

''Why aren't you concentrated?'' She spoke angrily through the microphone. ''I thought that you wanted to be an idol.''

Yukwon was silent and just stared at his sheet of paper where his lyrics were written on.

''When you want to become a comedian then leave. You know where the exit is.''

 

Mari was a person who said what she thought. One thing that she hated the most : not meeting her expectations.

 

Zico swallowed hardly. ''Let's give him a break. We're at it for almost two hours.''

Mari gave him a quick glance before she spoke again. ''Fifteen minutes.'' With that she stood up and left the room.

 

''Woah...that was...bad.'' Taeil said after Mari had left. ''She's in a really bad mood today.''

Yukwon came out and collapsed on the couch in the far end of the room and sighed. ''I hate her!''

''Don't talk about her like that. She's the reason why we're decent singers now.'' Jaeho tried to defend her.

That's when Yukwon almost started to boil inside. ''I don't understand why I have to let myself be treated that way. She's younger than me!''

 

He had a point there. Shin Mari was born in January 1993 but she had much more experience on vocals than anyone of them.

Her whole childhood had been spend with training her to become a star. - Now she was one of the best vocal trainers in the country.

 

''Let's just try our best 'till the end, okay? Don't let her be mad again.'' Zico stood up and left the room, too.

 

Kyung was silent the whole time.

He had his own problems right now. He was the reason for Mari's bad mood that day.

Kyung made her angry. It wasn't anything special because the fact that Kyung pissed her off happened every single day.

But today was different. He had called her heartless, cold and even told her that he hated her the most.

She had been hurt - it was written all over her face. She didn't even look at him - not even for a second.

 

[...]

 

Recording ended with another fight.

Yukwon failed even after the fifteen minute break and that caused Mari to stop the recording and postpone it.

She said that they had to clear their minds and start thinking about their job in a serious manner.

''You aren't some comedians nor are you a retarded bunch of boys who are in puberty.''

Mari left them alone in the recording room.

 

''Guys...I think I did something wrong.'' Kyung said with a hint of fright in his voice.

All eyes were on him as he continued.

Kyung swallowed. ''I said some really harsh things to Mari.''

''What kind of harsh things?'' Zico asked already knowing what kind of harsh things his friend had said.

''I told her my thoughts and I think I've hurt her...''

The boys nodded.

 

Suddenly maknae PO entered the recording room looking for Mari.

''Where is she? She said that she'd take us out for dinner.'' He smiled happily as he thought about the food that waited for him.

But all he faced was a bunch of exhausted looking boys. Especially Kyung.

''We had a little fight.'' That was all that got out of the leader's mouth as he stood up. ''No dinner today. Sorry PO.''

''B-but but she promised!'' The youngest whined and pretended to cry.

Zico patted PO's shoulder. ''We'll go another time.''

 

''There will be no other time.''

The boys turned to the door where their manager stood. They greeted him politely.

''What do you mean, hyung?'' Jaeho asked worried.

''Mari quit.'' He said coldly. ''We have to find another vocal teacher for you guys.''

 

''WHAT!?''

''It's all your fault!'' Taeil hit Kyung's neck. After that Jaeho and Zico did the same.

 

[-]

 

The boys were back in their dorm lying on their beds.

Kyung couldn't fall asleep and stood up walking to the kitchen. He got his cell phone out and dilated a certain number.

 

''....hnn?''

''Mari? Are you awake?'' He asked worried.

''Are you deaf? I am...now. Thanks to a certain call.'' She said sarcastically.

''Oh good that it wasn't me.''

''Idiot.'' A slap was heard. ''What do you want?''

''Why did you quit?''

There was a long pause before she spoke up. ''I hate you.''

Kyung was shocked. ''Come on. I know that's not true. No one can resist the power of my good looks.''

''Stop joking.'' She said angrily. ''No one would fall in love with a cucumber like you!''

He got angry, too. ''Cucumber? Well then you are a..a...a banana!''

A small chuckle was heard. ''I hate you. You hate me. Doesn't that make us even? Now let me sleep.''

''I-I-I don't hate y-'' It was too late she had already hung up.

 

Kyung stared at his cell phone background which was graced with a picture of himself with Mari.

The picture was taken a few months before. ''November 2010.'' He mumbled as he traced his finger over the picture.

She had joined them in October. Somehow she, PO, Kyung and Zico became the closest out of all Block B members.

They made fun with each other and were just the closest friends you could think of.

Now everything was torn apart because of his hurtful comments that weren't even his true feelings.

 

Kyung walked over to Zico's room and lightly shook the leader. ''Yah! Babo-leader! Wake up!'' He hissed.

Zico shot up and rubbed his eyes. ''What's wrong, umma?'' He asked still confused.

''You wish!'' Kyung grabbed the leader's arm and dragged him out of the room.

''What are you doing?!'' Zico hissed as he landed on the hard ground. ''Why are you waking me up in the middle of the night?!''

Kyung just ran his hand through his hair. ''We have to bring Mari back!'' He said.

''Does it have to be now?' - ''YES!'' Kyung almost shouted. ''Can't you go with Taeil-hyung?'' - ''NO!'' 

''Okay, okay. I'll get ready...''

 

[-]

Zico and Kyung reached the old mansion where Mari lived. It looked like a haunted house and Kyung got scared.

''Okay I don't think that I want to do this anymore!'' Kyung crossed his arms in front of his chest and pouted.

''Are you serious?! Zico groaned. ''Come on! If it's not you then we won't succeed! Hurry up now, man! You wanted her back!''

Kyung sighed and finally climbed over the old fence.

''Why does someone like her live in a house like this?'' He asked himself as he walked through the small garden.

 

The little walk cleared his mind. He didn't just want her back because of the good vocal training for Block B.

He wanted her back because he couldn't think straight without knowing that everything was good between the two of them.

Kyung liked her. - A lot more than he actually thought. It became clear now that he stood in front of her door.

 

Suddenly a light was switched on in a room. Kyung was near the window and so he simply looked through it.

It was the kitchen. Mari was standing in front of the sink washing some vegetables.

''She's hungry in the middle of the night?'' Kyung asked himself and watched as she turned around ready to slice the vegetables.

He swallowed as he saw her wearing only a short silk dress and a thin pink bathrobe over it.

She looked extremely attractive to him at that moment and he was about to knock on the window.

But then he saw what she was doing:

 

On her table were three cucumbers. In her left hand was a big knife.

He saw that she was talking. ''Talking to the cucumbers?''

With a violent motion she stabbed the first cucumber and cut it in half. The other one was particularly murdered.

''Wait a sec....cucumbers...'' Kyung's eyes widened as he understood. ''Does she want to do that with me too?!''

His knees got weaker as he saw her crying. The knife was still in her hands and pointed towards the last cucumber.

 

Before she could murder another one of his friends he called her again. She took her cell phone and answered.

''What do you want?'' She sniffed. ''Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?''

''Nope.''

''Now you know it. Now leave me alone.''

''Wait.''

''What?'' She sounded pissed off.

''Open the door. It's pretty cold outside.''

She hung up.

 

A few seconds later the door opened. She looked at him with furrowed brows. ''Why are you here?''

''Don't be mad at me anymore.'' He pleaded with a cute voice.

But her expression didn't soften. ''That's the only reason you came? Then go.''

She was about to close the door but Kyung held it open with his hand.

''What is it now?'' She said coldly.

But Kyung had to take in a deep breath before he talked. ''I have a confession to make.''

''You have exactly ten seconds.''

''What?!''

''One....''

''Okay, okay. Where do I start?'' He looked extremely nervous.

''Two...''

''First! You have to come back to our company! We need you as vocal trainer! Block B needs your training!''

''Three...''

''Euh...''

''Four....'' She tapped her foot on the ground.

''I---I...euh...I...I-I-''

''Six...''

''...'' Kyung looked at her.

''Sev-'' She was cut off as Kyung pulled her towards him.

He placed his lips on hers and kissed her softly.

After parting he placed his forehead on hers. ''I need you even more, Mari.''

 

''Yo, looks like you made up already.''

''ZICO!?''