How to become daddy in one minute

How to become daddy in one minute

Siwon woke up because of his annoying phone is ringing and pushed the girl who is spending this night in bed with him away. He grabbed his phone and picked up the call with an annoyed sigh.

 

“Choi Siwon and who are you that you are calling so early?”

 

He is immediately awake after hearing that police is calling him.

 

“I am sorry but we need to inform you that your brother and his wife passed away last night in a car accident. Would you mind coming in Seoul’s hospital?”

 

Siwon hang up and then gulped. His brother is dead. The girl next to him woke up and asked what is happening but Siwon pushed her hands away. Siwon is still fighting with hangover because it was Friday and he wanted to have some fun in a club. And now he heard that his brother is dead. He finds his clothes which are lying on floor and got dressed. 

 

He is driving in the hospital and then a police man leaded him into morgue where are lying two bodies covered with white sheets.

 

“We need to know if this is really your brother.”

 

Siwon nodded and the police man pulled away the sheet and Siwon is staring into face of his dead brother. They were never really close to each other. His older brother was the good boy who was doing what his parents wanted while Siwon enjoyed being out with his friends and playing football. Siwon is only glad that theirs parents aren’t alive because this would kill them. 

 

The police man leaded Siwon in some office and he sat down. After a while some lady in grey ugly dress came and sat down. 

 

“I am madam Lee from social services”

 

Siwon doesn’t know why is he still here but soon a nurse walked inside and she is carrying a baby wrapped in a blanket.

 

“This is Kim Yesung, son of your brother. In your brother’s last will is written that you are his caregiver in case of his and his wife’s death.”

She shows him some papers and Siwon shakes his head no. This can’t be real! The nurse carefully handed him the baby and smiled because she loves this cute baby boy with such a sad destiny.

 

“He is eleven months old.”

 

Siwon is staring on the baby who is on pacifier and stares back on him. 

 

“I can’t take care of a baby. You can’t give him to me!”

 

The lady shrugged and shows him the papers again. How they can show him the documents?! He sighed them like five years ago when Yesung wasn’t even born!

 

“But I don’t want him!”

 

Madam Lee sighed and shows him the documents again.

 

“You signed these documents which says that you are his legal caregiver in case of their death. Moreover you are also inheriting house in Busan and two millions dollars.”

 

Siwon chokes on his saliva because how did his brother got so much money? He was an engineer but so much money? Siwon looked on the small boy in his arms. He has never seen his own nephew and now he is his daddy. Siwon has no other option than to leave with the baby. He is walking toward elevators and the nurse from before handed him a baby car seat. She carefully laid the baby inside and buckled a straps around his chest. The nurse is trying to flirt with Siwon even in situation like this but he doesn’t pay her any attention. He grabbed the carrying handle and bowed to her. 

 

Siwon is standing in the elevator and stares on the baby. He is really cute but how can Siwon take care of him? He isn’t the right person for this. After a while he figured out how to instal the car seat and then drives home. Luckily the baby is peacefully sleeping and doesn’t care that he is with a complete stranger. Siwon arrived home and carried the car seat in his apartment. He put it down on floor next to couch and silently goes in the bedroom where is the girl playing with her phone. She immediately asked him where did he go and Siwon collapsed on the bed next to her.

 

“I have become a daddy.”

 

She gasped shocked and angry.

 

“What?!”

 

Suddenly the baby started to cry because of his wet diaper. They hurry in the living room and she almost fainted after seeing that there is a real baby. Siwon carefully lifted the baby and doesn’t know how to calm him down.

“Do you know how to take care of a baby?”

 

He turned to the girl who is already putting on her shoes. She doesn’t answer and the front door closed behind her with a loud bang. Siwon sighed and suddenly the baby stopped crying and only sobs few times.

 

“Smart move, you got her out of here in record time.”

 

Siwon called in a close supermarket and ordered package full of things for the baby. They need to wait for a while and then the package arrived. Now comes the hard part. 

 

Siwon laid the baby on his bed and stares on him. What to do now? The baby is looking around and kicks with his small legs. Siwon is studying the instruction on side of the package with diapers but it doesn’t make him very wise. He slowly opened the dirty diaper and frowned.

 

“How can someone do this? Disgusting!”

 

Siwon carefully grabs Yesung’s tiny legs in one hand and then grabs few wet wipes. He cleaned the baby’s bum and grabs a clean diaper. Yesung doesn’t like how is this man holding his legs and started to weakly whine. Siwon is trying to find out how to put on the diaper while the baby is crying and squirming. Siwon slides the diaper under his bum and then tries to close the sticky straps which are too sticky. He can’t get rid of the straps and then accidentally ripped the diaper in half. He angrily threw it away and grabbed another one. Finally he closed the tabs and smiled because this looks really good. His joy is ruined when the baby moved and slipped out of it.

 

“No!”

 

Siwon yelled and then started to diapering him away. Before he can finish the baby pissed himself and the bed. Siwon groaned in anger and finally finished putting on the diaper. Yesung smiled at him and makes grabby hands toward the man. Siwon groaned and carefully grabs the tiny boy. 

 

“Why are you laughing so much?”

 

Siwon doesn’t understand why is this baby smiling so much and almost all the time. Then he realized that the baby is as intelligent as a worm and has no idea that his parents are dead. Siwon sighed and sat down on the bed.

 

“I can’t take care of you, you are a baby and I have my life and my work. Sorry.”

 

The baby feels that he is serious and pouted. Siwon has to admit that Yesung is really cute but he can’t do this, he can’t be a daddy. So on Monday he is going to take Yesung to the lady from social services and Yesung will be adopted by some nice family who knows how to take care of a baby. But today is Saturday so it means that he has take care of the baby for two days. Siwon sighed and watches the baby who is lying on the bed. This is Siwon’s mission impossible. 

 

He doesn’t know what to do with the baby but he got a bag of Yesung’s things from lady Lee so he looked inside. There are some tiny clothes, some plushies and other few things. 

 

“Do you want this?”

 

Siwon shakes a green plushies above Yesung’s hand and the baby makes grabby hands toward it. Siwon gives it to him and smiled. Now he needs to find some food for him which brings important question. Does the baby have some teeth? Siwon sat down on the bed and took away the pacifier. Yesung whined and Siwon sees few tiny white teeth. So he can eat solid food but what does a baby eat? Siwon decided to order lunch from his favorite restaurant so he called there.

 

“Is there a chance that you have also food for babies?”

 

The girl on phone only laughed so Siwon better ended the call. He opened the fridge and sees a white yoghurt. Then there is a box of strawberries so maybe he can mix these two things and make a small snack for the baby. In few minutes it is done and Siwon gently picked up the baby and holds him on his lap. He brings first spoon to Yesung’s lips and the baby opened his mouth. Siwon smiled after the boy swallowed and his hair.

 

“You are doing so well.”

 

The baby clapped his hands and obediently eats more. Then Siwon laid him down on bed and eats his lunch while sitting next to him. Yesung started to crawl around the big bed and then bumped into Siwon’s thigh. The boy looked up on him and curiously grabbed his large fingers. Siwon smiled at the cute baby and his tiny hand. After a while Yesung put down his head and started to doze off and Siwon goes to wash the dishes. He would like to go in gym but he can’t neither leave the baby alone or take him in the gym. Siwon is watching the TV until the baby started to cry and Siwon hurries to him. He lifted Yesung and gently bounces him until he calmed down. Siwon feels tired but he is too scared to take a nap too, how can he sleep with a small baby in his apartment?

 

Finally it is Monday and Siwon takes the baby to office off lady Lee and fixed his tie before walking inside. There is already waiting a pair dressed in ugly brown clothes sitting there. They arrived immediately after Lee called them that she has a baby boy who they can adopt. Lee takes the baby and carefully handed him to the lady whose cold fingers wrapped around Yesung’s tiny chest. Siwon is hesitantly standing there and stares on the small boy who is squirming in hands of his future mother. 

 

“Here are Yesung’s clothes and toys.”

 

Siwon shows them the bag but they shake their heads no.

 

“We don’t need anything more than our lord and savior Jesus gives us. Jerome is going to be great addition in our family, we have 8 more kids and now we have another servant of God.”

 

Yesung started to cry and makes grabby hands toward Siwon who casted his eyes away. The lady smiled but Siwon frowned. They don’t look like they can afford to have so many kids. Their clothes is ugly and the car which is standing outside doesn’t look that it is going to make it back to their home. Suddenly Siwon imagined Yesung in middle of some ugly house in worn out clothes and with 8 other kids around him. 

 

“Goodbye Yesung.”

 

He swallowed and quickly left the office but he can’t ignore Yesung’s wailing. Siwon takes few step but it is too much for him. He can’t leave the poor baby with those people! He runs back and quickly takes the baby from them.

“I have changed my mind!”

 

They are staring on him and Siwon quickly pressed his small nephew to his chest.

“Sorry but i changed my opinion.”

 

Siwon grabs his bag and runs out of the office and in his car. He can’t let go of the cute baby. In the two days the boy has stolen his heart.

 

Siwon drives in a mall and thinks about everything they need. He heads in a huge store for babies and headed to section with cribs. It takes him a while but then he chose white wooden crib with crib mobile with baby pink bunnies. Then he spotted long row of strollers and looked on their prices.

 

“So much for a stroller?!”

 

Siwon looked down on Yesung who only babbled something. Siwon buys a grey stroller and the shop assistant told him that it is also foldable easily so it is easy to store. Then he let the shop assistant to choose clothes and after few hours they arrived back home. Siwon picked up the baby and looks on all the things in his car. How is he going to get this in his apartment? He takes few bags and balanced everything in his arms and then got in an elevator. After getting to his apartment comes another problem. Yesung has used his diaper and now starts to cry in distress while Siwon is trying to find his keys in his pockets. 

 

“Calm down please! I am trying!”

 

Siwon dropped the bags but still can’t find his stupid keys so he put down the baby. Yesung is crying more and their neighbor heard that and walked in the hallway. 

 

“Ohh and who is this?”

 

Siwon’s neighbor Heechul has two adopted sons, twins Donghae and Eunhyuk so his ears are very well trained for detecting baby’s cry. He cooed at the cute baby and Siwon gladly hands Yesung to him.

 

“I had no idea that you have a son!”

 

Siwon quickly explained the situation and then asked him if he can babysit the baby for few minutes until he get all the things. Heechul agreed because his sons are now two years old and they aren’t such cute babies anymore. He is holding the baby while Siwon is going up and down and finally got all the things in his flat. Heechul goes behind him because something is telling him that Siwon has no idea what a baby needs. Siwon is unpacking the grocery and Heechul changed the baby’s diaper. 

 

“Aren’t you a clean happy baby now?”

 

Heechul is speaking with the curious boy who is now giggling.

 

“I can look after him while you build his crib.”

 

Siwon agreed again because building the crib isn’t so easy as he thought. Heechul goes in his flat with the baby and immediately shows him to his husband Leeteuk. His two sons Donghae and Eunhyuk ran to him to see the baby but then got bored with him and go to play again. Leeteuk goes to ask Siwon if he needs help and with two pairs of hands they are soon done. Siwon takes Yesung from Heechul and sees that the tiny boy is asleep with pacifier loosely hanging between his lips.

 

“If you need something you can come, no matter how late or early, okay?”

 

Siwon bowed to him and thanked for such kindness. He goes home and then carefully changed Yesung’s diaper. He doesn’t want to wake him up but the baby needs to eat so he has no other option. Yesung got a porridge and then bottle of formula. He is now happily sitting on couch and watches Siwon who is eating ramen. Siwon can’t eat when is the baby looking on him like this so he got him a snack for babies. Yesung is now eating too and doesn’t hypnotize his dinner. Then Siwon the TV where is a basketball match. 

 

“Busan KT Sonicboom and Seoul Samsung Thunders are playing. Maybe that once you can also play basketball if you aren’t like my brother, he wasn’t good in sports.”

 

Yesung pouts and Siwon laughed.

“Don’t worry, I can teach you.”

 

The baby put his tiny hand on Siwon’s thigh and smiled as if he is saying that it sounds great. Siwon smiles too and his hair. After a while Yesung is tired so Siwon bathed him and enjoys every second. The baby is playing with the bubbles and Siwon is slowly washing him until he is squeaky clean. Then he prepared the baby for night and laid him down in his new crib. Siwon wants to watch the match but he can’t tear his eyes away from Yesung because this is the cutest baby in whole universe. 

 

Two months later

Siwon doesn’t want to sound arrogant but he is a real pro in taking care of Yesung. The baby is going with him in office every single day and Siwon proudly pushes the stroller to his CEO’s office. Yesung has playpen next to his desk and when Siwon needs to attend some meeting he is in baby carrier. Everyone loves the small boy who is soon going to be one year old. Siwon is preparing a party for him and he has many surprises for him but Yesung also has one surprise for him.

 

It is regular evening. Yesung has eaten his dinner and now they are watching TV. The baby is sitting on the carpet and watches Siwon who is eating potato chips. He is slobbering around pacifier and wants one too. The baby can stand on his short legs but he needs a bit of support so he grabs Siwon’s pants and climbed up. Siwon is watching in amaze how the tiny boy stood up and reached his hand to him. Siwon thinks that Yesung is like a small otter. His huge brown eyes, small hands and even the squeals he made reminds him an otter. He hands him one chip and Yesung’s eyes widened. He makes another happy noise and almost fell down but Siwon is here to support his small body with his hand. Yesung is nibbling on the potato chip and climbs up for more. He has only few teeth so it takes him the whole evening to eat three chips before it is time for bath. After bath the baby fell asleep in his crib only to wake up few hours later.

 

Siwon’s dream is ruined by loud crying coming from Yesung. The baby is crying because of his well used diaper and also he is hungry. Siwon groaned and muttered silent prays that maybe the baby woke up because of no reason and he will fall asleep again. This hope is crushed when Siwon smells the problem. Yesung is crying and Siwon wants to burst into tears too. 

 

“On my way Yesungie.”

 

Siwon hopes that the baby will calm down after hearing his voice but no. Siwon’s legs are trapped in a blanket and his brain isn’t working in two in the morning so it takes him some time. Siwon is almost free when the baby grabs bars of his crib and pulled himself up a bit to peek on the tired man.

“Dada!”

 

Siwon froze and slowly turned his head to the baby. Believe it or not, Siwon isn’t someone who cries easily but this got him. Yesung thinks that he is his daddy. He doesn’t remember his real parents who were praying for a baby and waited five long years before finally having Yesung. The baby simply forgot about them. 

 

“Yesung!”

 

Siwon picked him up and cries. The baby has said his first coherent word! Siwon doesn’t care that it is so early because this gave him energy.

 

“I am going to be the best dada for you.”

 

Yesung whines again and Siwon hurries to get him bottle of formula. He is feeding him and the boy is falling asleep again. Siwon gently pressed a kiss on Yesung’s forehead and then laid him down in his crib again. This is the nicest surprise in his whole life.

 

Next week Yesung has birthday. Leeteuk, Heechul and rest of the guests are waiting in near park and Siwon got Yesung dressed in cute outfit and gets in elevator. Yesung found out that he can run so he doesn’t want to sit in his stroller. When door of the elevator opened he immediately runs out.

 

“Yesung!”

 

Siwon runs behind him with stroller and the baby caught leg of some young woman who started to laugh. Siwon pants and bowed to her.

 

“Sorry that he bothers you.”

 

The woman just waved her hand.

 

“Hi, my name is Liu Wen and I don’t mind it.”

 

The beautiful woman smiles and Siwon feels that his heart skipped a beat.

 

“Nice to meet you. I am Choi Siwon and this is Yesung.”

 

The boy is still holding her leg and smiles on them with showing his few teeth. Siwon looked on him and can’t believe it. This boy just introduced him to the most beautiful girl in whole Seoul.

 

“He is having a birthday party and you are welcomed …… if you want to.”

 

She nodded and thanked for his offer and goes with them. Siwon is speaking with her and tries to hide his blushing. In the park is prepared a table with cake and other food, there are few kids from their apartment complex and Heechul is giving a paper hat to everything. Liu Wen also got one and starts to sing Happy birthday to Yesung with others. Leeteuk winked on him and Siwon is smiling on her because he is amazed by her. Maybe that Yesung found his future mommy and it is another reason for thanking to God for changing his mind before Yesung got adopted. He doesn’t mind that raising a kid costs so much money, or that he can’t visit parties and clubs. All he needs is this cute like boy who is now his son.

The end