Four

He ressembles... mint.
Please log in to read the full chapter

The door creaked a little as it slowly opened, making Taemin and Hongki cringe while Hyuk –on character already—became one with the floor. Hyuk sneakily crawled across the room, making minimum noise, until he decided to make an unsubtle roll over like the ones in action movies. Nobody noticed yet.

 

They were on a small mission today. Most of the kids of their little group were indisposed for the day, for they were feeling too much under the weather to get out of their rooms and participate in their activities.

It was a bummer for Taemin, because despite being happy that he got to spend time with Hyuk and Hongki, the absence of the other three reminded him that they are all in a battle to get better, a battle that it’s some days a lot harder than others. They all looked like pretty happy, cheerful kids, but that didn’t change the fact that they were still very sick.

It saddened Taemin, but what’s so great about children is that they’re resilient and often face adversities with a courageous face – and that was contagious to their families and everyone that surrounded them. It is contagious to Taemin as well.

So! They couldn’t let that bump in the road to get in the way of fun. They had their usual reading time, and since they were so few (three in total, if you counted Taemin in) it went by in a breeze and they still had a lot of time to waste.

Thankfully, Hongki came up with the brilliant idea of Happy Patrol, the name could change because they never settle for one thing – but that was the name of their new dynamic.

 

“PinkiBubbles, I think I found it. Over.”

 

Happy Patrol was basically when they would visit their friends when they were feeling too sick. Hyuk and Hongki were very aware of their situations, so they decided it would be a nice idea to create a super mega intergalactic higher intelligence upper level—

 

“A group, Hyuk. A group.”

“Yeah! That!”

 

—A group that could visit them. They could bring fun games to their rooms, or even a small play so they could laugh a little from their beds. Hyuk had wanted a very extravagant name, and long too but Hongki argued that Happy Patrol – like Paw Patrol – was nicer, and shorter. Happy Patrol won for today, but who knows what name they’ll change it to when they get bored of that one? It’s subject to change.

 

So, the play had already begun.

 

“WildMonk33 did you locate the Evil Poison so we can destroy it? Answer quickly. Over.”

 

WildMonk33, a.k.a. Hyuk, who was sporting a handmade hat with primate ears, a few leaves and flowers for camouflage and a bit of glitter that he accidentally added, took his upper intelligence telescope to locate more precisely the pole that contained Bongcha’s IV fluids.

He squinted his eyes. The evil poison!

 

Bongcha and her father had already noticed them. Her dad knew that they were coming, but the amused expression on his face told Taemin that he was entertained. Bongcha was staring at Hyuk and Hongki with furrowed brows, trying to figure out what on Earth was going on. Still, there was a growing smile on her face.

 

“PinkiBubbles, I have located it. Please prepare the Transformation Cannon. Over.”

 

PinkiBubbles, a robotic mermaid with a glittery flower crown and imaginary pink hair, accommodated the Transformation Cannon, which was really Hongki’s whole leg that was in a cast. He was ready to shoot the Transformation Beam towards the Evil Poison.

 

Waaait a minute. Taemin isn’t sure what’s happening. How did the theme they chose end up being about an outer space mission with a glittery monkey and a robotic mermaid with an included cannon? In space? IN SPACE—

Taemin must do a disclaimer. He remembered they never agreed on an actual theme so, this play is bound to be messy, Taemin isn’t sure what will happen next and just to be CLEAR, this idea was wild and improvised.

Taemin is sure they would’ve added an evil witch too, but they’re understaffed.

 

It was indeed messy, the play. But it was sweet, and Bongcha and her dad seemed to enjoy it. WildMonk33 was able to locate the Evil Poison, and even though he had to fight some intergalactic bacterias that wanted to harm Bongcha’s spaceship, he was able to protect her until PinkiBubbles hit the button, blasting the Transformation Beam towards the Evil Poison that was making Bongcha’s health deteriorate. The Transformation Beam was able to transform the Evil Poison into Goody Serum, which would help Bongcha’s body heal and feel stronger so she could lead her people to a new galaxy.

 

Taemin was honestly impressed and proud of his soon-to-be Hollywood stars for such a splendid improvisation.

 

At the end, Bongcha although still feeling weak, laughed a little at her younger friends’ silliness. She was the oldest of their little family, and she always took the role of the big sister very well, so when Hyuk screamed a YOU LIKE IT? BONGCHA NOONA DID YOU LIKE ITT

Please log in to read the full chapter