What Kind of Breed is She?!

I Fall in Love With A.... Dog??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Calm down Minjoo. You’re just imagining things. Everything is okay. Just go straight pass this bridge and you’re home. Safe and sound.”

 

Minjoo speed up her pace when she heard another noise behind her. She’d tried to look back a few times but she just too scared to actually turn around and looked.

 

It was all her boss fault. If not because he suddenly asked for a revision half an hour before office hour ended, she wouldn’t need to go home this late at night. Sometimes she thought about resigning but where else she could get a better salary than there. Being hired as an architect at a big firm was everything she had dreamed since forever, so of course she wouldn’t give up her job. Everything was perfect except for one, her ignorant and snobby boss. How she missed her last boss before him.

 

Minjoo heard another footsteps beside hers and it was getting near and louder.

 

“Oh god.” she muttered quietly and walked faster. She was amused by how fast her feet moved right now.

 

It was just one more step before she passed the bridge when someone stood at the end of the bridge and made her stop. It was so dark that she didn’t see that guy before.

 

“I-i’m sorry.” Minjoo said without looking up and was about to walk pass him when he blocked her way.

 

“Where are you going in hurry miss?” The man walked closer made Minjoo moved back just to bump another man that had been following her from before.

 

“P-please let me through. I-i need to go home.” They kept walk closer until her back reached the bridge handrail.

 

“The night’s still young. Why don’t you hang out with us first?”

 

“Move away or you’ll regret it.” Minjoo glared. She always heard that you needed to show you’re not scared as much as you can.

 

“Hoo feisty. I like to see a girl like you giving up in the end.” They laughed out loud.

 

“Let’s not waste anymore time.” Minjoo flinched when they grabbed both her hands.

 

“W-what do you think you’re doing!”

 

“Feeling scared now miss?” They smirked still dragging Minjoo who was resisting as much as she could. When she realized that her power would never win against them she switched to her last resort.

 

”HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!”

 

“You’re too loud.” One of them grabbed Minjoo and shut . “I’ve told you we should have used chloroform.”

 

“I don’t expect her to be this noisy and hardheaded.” The other one said.

 

Seeing this opportunity Minjoo bit the hand grabbing her and ran.

 

“! Catch her you idiot!”

 

Unfortunately they were much faster and tackled her to the ground so in the end Minjoo was caught once again.

 

“We were going to be nice but you provoke us first. I promise you will regret for doing stupid thing. Let’s just do it here. No one’s around anyway.”

 

Minjoo tried everything she could start from screaming, punching and kicking but everything was in vain. When she was too tired to do anything suddenly she didn’t feel any weight above her, just heard a few groans and cursing.

 

When she finally dared to open her eyes Minjoo saw someone in front of her facing the guys from before. It turned out that figure was a girl with shoulder length black hair and slender arms and legs but the thing was that she was crouching ready to pounce at those guys and.. growling?

 

Unfortunately one of the guys took out his folded knife. Of course it boasted his friend confidence. They smirked seeing just two girls who tried to defend themselves. Before she knew it Minjoo saw the girl already ran forward and pounce at the armed guy.

 

‘He got a knife for god sake!’ That was all Minjoo shouted in her mind.

 

The next thing happened was beyond her expectations. Minjoo would never think that a girl as slim as that could make two big guys ran away for help. Okay the girl was super tall but still! She was against two men and not to mention one of them had a knife.

 

Broke out from her thought Minjoo got up and walked closer toward her savior.

 

“Th-thank you.” She could see how the girl startled and turned around. She swore that she had never seen someone as beautiful as this girl in front of her despite her disheveled look.

 

Minjoo saw a scratch on the girl cheek, probably from the fight before.

 

“Your face.. It bleed.” She held out to take a look but shockingly the girl slapped her and ran away, vanished from her sight.

 

“She is... fast.”

 

 

Of course that night Minjoo was wide awake, not because of the attempt she had just experienced but because of the girl that saved her, her tall figure, her beautiful disheveled long hair, her fierce yet calming eyes but somehow her eyes were kinda.. sad and lonely. All night Minjoo was thinking about the girl until she fell asleep.

 

———————

 

“Morning.” Minjoo was greeted by a nice smell of her roommate’s cooking.

 

“Oh Minjoo. When did you go home last night? Another story of your snobby boss? Sorry i didn’t wait for you, i was so exhausted yesterday.”

 

“Nah it’s okay Yuri unnie. He asked me for a revision half an hour before office hours ends. And he went home right after that. He is , completely . That’s why i get home really late last night, maybe around midnight?”

 

“Oh my god. Be careful when you go home that late Minjoo. There’s lots of those incidents with girls like you as victims these days. I saw it on TV.” Minjoo almost spitted her juice when she heard Yuri.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Oh yeah i’m fine. Just surprised by how sour this orange is. By the way thanks for worrying about me unnie. Finally you show your mature side.” Minjoo teased, earning a glare from her friend.

 

Oh if she knew Minjoo was almost become one of those victims yesterday. But Yuri didn’t need to know. She would just make her friend worried. She didn’t want her friend become a murderer of her snobby boss.

 

“By the way today is Saturday so you can rest all day like usual. Here’s your breakfast.”

 

Yuri handed out a plate full of pancake. Like usual Yuri made them breakfast as Minjoo was forbid to use the kitchen.

 

‘We don’t want to lose our home or you lose you fingers.’ She once said. And of course Minjoo agreed to that. Who said no to free breakfast every morning?

 

“Taste splendid as usual. If you haven’t had that noisy duck i would absolutely ask you to be my wife, unnie.”

 

“Is that a proposal? But i’m sorry, even if i don’t have Yena i wouldn’t be you girlfriend more over your wife.” Yuri smirked teasingly.

 

“So mean.” Minjoo pouted and crossed her arms.

 

“You know you’re not cute pouting like that do you?”

 

“Geez unnie. You’re so mean to me.”

 

Yuri laughed, satisfied. “Okay okay sorry.”

 

“Speaking of Yena, she will come over today. Sorry you have to be a third wheel today. But don’t worry i’ll dine out then sleep over at her place today.”

 

“No worried i won’t disturb you guys. I’ll be going out today so no problem.”

 

“Wow.. Kim Minjoo going out on Saturday. What a miracle.”

 

“Hey! You’re talking like i’m a big lazy bum!”

 

“But you are! I’ve been friend with you for all my entire life Minjoo. I know how you are on weekends.” Yuri raised her eyebrow.

 

“Okay you got me. Why are you exceptionally mean to me today?”

 

Yuri laughed at the younger girl ranting. “It’s just fun to see you all work up. You’re finish? Give me your plate. I’ll wash it for you.”

 

“Be thankful you’re my best friend. I’ll get ready first then. Thanks for the food.”

 

 

When she was finish, Minjoo found Yuri cuddling on the couch with the said duck.

 

“Oh hey Yena unnie. I didn’t hear you come in.”

 

“Hey Minjoo. You’re going somewhere? I don’t know you’re going out on weekends.”

 

“Okay for your information. I. Do. Going out on weekends. I just find it more relaxing to be at home.”

 

“That’s my point.” Yena said, making Yuri laughed silently.

 

Minjoo frowned but let it go, continued wearing her shoes. “You two really mean for each other.”

 

“Thank you for the compliment.” Of course it was a sarcasm but Yena answered seriously. Yuri just giggled at her girlfriend antics.

 

“I’m going now. Have fun banging each other you two. Just don’t be too loud, we don’t want to get any complaints from our neighbors. I still remember the last time you came over. It was so loud. It was noon for god sake.” Minjoo smiled triumphantly seeing the two girls blushing.

 

“Yah!” The two blushing girls shouted in unison.

 

———————

 

“Okay first let’s go to the bridge.” The only reason Minjoo was willing to go out on her “rest” day was of course, to find her savior.

 

 

Unfortunately, after going around the bridge for hours she still couldn’t find the girl. “Where could you be?”

 

Feeling exhausted Minjoo went to grab something to eat from the convenience store and sat around the bridge. Just in case.

 

Around 5 PM, after went back from the convenience store to buy her “dinner”, Minjoo saw a familiar figure coming out from under the bridge. The very same bridge from yesterday night.

 

“All this time i am looking for you. That’s where you are? So that’s where you’re hiding.”

 

Not confront the girl immediately, Minjoo chose to tail the girl first from a far. Turned out the girl went out to find something to eat as she was roaming around, opening trash cans one by one just to find nothing.

 

After some times inspecting trash cans the girls finally gave up and went back under the bridge disappointed. Minjoo then looked at the plastic bag on her hand smiled. She just got a brilliant idea to approach the girl.

 

 

“Hey.” The girl became tense when she realized her hideout was invaded. She just stood still without even turned around to see the intruder.

 

Getting no response Minjoo tried calling her again and walked closer. Feeling this the girl turned around abruptly and growled at Minjoo.

 

“Wait! I mean no harm!” Minjoo taken aback at the sudden response from the girl but she tried hard not to show how scared she was. Remembering what this girl could yesterday night.

 

Still couldn’t believe at Minjoo the girl walked closer while still growling lowly cornering Minjoo. She started to feel more scared by each steps the girl took. She stepped back until her back reached the wall. She knew there was no more room for her to run away. She thought hard on what to do next to save herself from this girl.

 

“I-i just w-want to give y-you food!” Minjoo took out the food she just bought before.

 

The girl stopped. Minjoo knew she caught the bait. “I know you’re looking for something to eat. I didn’t mean to stalk you. I just want to say thank you and then i saw you roaming around before. Please i promise i won’t harm you.”

 

The girl stopped and looked at Minjoo, studying her face for a while and then sniffed Minjoo all over her body. Minjoo could feel her heartbeat thumping really hard because of how close this girl got to her.

 

“Here. You can take this.” Minjoo held out her hand with the food on it slowly. She didn’t want to scare the girl so she just waited and let the girl to make a move first.

 

The girl looked at Minjoo once more and then at the food. She sniffed at the food, made sure the food was okay.

 

“I promise you this taste good.” Minjoo said softly and smiled reassuring.

 

Feeling she could trust Minjoo, the girl snatched the food quickly and took a bite immediately but to no avail. The girl frowned stil trying to bite it. She lookep up questioningly when she heard Minjoo giggled.

 

“You need to open the packaging first. Haven’t you eat convenience store onigiri before?” Minjoo wanted to take the onigiri to open it but the girl growled, trying to protect her food.

 

“Give it to me. I’ll open it for you to eat.” The girl gave it hesitantly.

 

“See. This is how you open the packaging. Just tore the middle and pull this side and this side, here you go.”

 

The girl snatched it and ate like she haven’t eaten for months.

 

‘That might be the case.’ Minjoo thought.

 

“Calm down kid. You’ll get indigestion for eating too fast. Here i have one more.” Minjoo gave the unwrapped onigiri that taken right away.

 

Minjoo observed the eating girl. She realized that this girl, despite her dirty face and disheveled hair, she sure was pretty. And looking from her face this girl was still so young even though she had a tall figure. And for the first time Minjoo could see the girl smiling. Minjoo swore that she saw or more like imagined a wagging tail behind the girl. “You’re like a puppy.” She giggled. “You’re so cute.”

 

She outstretched her hand wanted to pat the girl but she backed off once again still with mouth full of f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter