Chapter 1

But I Didn't Plan to Fall For You

Doyeon woke up three minutes before her alarm rang. It’s always been like that, she always naturally woke up either two or three minutes before her alarm set for 5.50 A.M.. Every single day. It wasnt a surprise, since Kim Doyeon was “neat and uptight” in human form. She sit up on her bed and let herself regain composure for a good minute, picked up her thick round-rimmed glasses from the bedside table and got up, ready to take down another day and win yet another case. She is THE Lawyer Kim, after all. 

-------------------

Kim Doyeon had a talent that was hard to miss. Ever since she was just a mere child, everyone around her knew she had a talent in persuasive speaking and writing. Though appearing like a shy and introverted child, Doyeon has always been one of if not it the most knowledgeable child in the room. She knew about all sorts of stuff, from the trendiest pop culture to the nerdiest topics in science, and even manages to keep up with the latest news and politics of the country. There weren’t many like her. Most of the kids her age were fooling around in the playground or gossiping about the boys they found "cute". Doyeon, however, was almost always found with a book under her arm, hair braided and always wearing her small round glasses. The teachers absolutely adored her, no doubt in that, but her peers? Not so much.

 

Doyeon didnt have friends other than the “occasional” friends she would magically have when it’s getting close to exams of any kind. She was always seen eating alone, reading and studying alone and walking home alone. The only thing keeping her interested in school is the huge library they have. It’s almost her second home by now, considering she goes there every single day, any time she can. She doesn't necessarily avoid human contact, it's just that she prefers the company of books and silence much, much more. Although sometimes she knows much more than the teacher themselves do, Doyeon never once took it to herself to disrespect or look down on them even though she knew about knowing much more than them.

 

She was nothing but a kindhearted and humble child, too bad her peers labeled her as “Glasses Nerd”, too busy snickering about her before even getting to know her in the slightest.
 

--------------------

She lived alone. It wasnt much of a problem to Doyeon, since it's always been like that for her, so much that she's gotten used to the daily soltitude. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Although constantly mistreated and misunderstood by her classmates, Doyeon didn’t let it bother her much. She was too focused on her goal to get in Seoul National University to study Law. And of course, it wasn’t a surprise when an overachieved child prodigy like her got in and was even offered a 75% scholarship. That day, her peers saw her crack a real smile for the first time, for they’ve never seen anything more than a smirk from her.