Final

Just a Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m hopeless…

 

Apparently, I have fallen in love for the first time. The thing is, I am awkward. I may have appeared as an outgoing person who knows what to say online, but in real life, I am a quiet, shy, and, not forgetting, an awkward person. Therefore, I can do nothing but stare at her from a distance and admire her from that viewpoint.

 

Although, sometimes, there will be times that she would personally come and talk to me…

 

As I walked through the school gates, totally focused on my cellphone, I felt a pat on my back and someone saying, “Good Morning, Chou-ssi.” I turned around and realized that it was her.

 

 

“Minatozaki…”

 

“What’s this? Texting your girlfriend?” she asked.

 

“That’s not—” I tried to explain, but her friends came into the scene.

 

“Sana!!!” her friends greeted her. She went with them afterwards and I just walked to a different path, focused on my cellphone once again.

 

 

Just why am I too focused on my cellphone you may ask. It was because I was replying to Sunflower’s posts. Sunflower… is my online friend that I could relate to. She’s pretty much separated from the world like me… But now that she stepped into the sun, I’m asking her for help.

 

“Please tell me what you look like.” she replied.

 

Well… I wouldn’t want to tell her the real me… “Male. 200kg. My tummy looks like a face.” I wonder what kind of reaction she had to that. Hehehe…

 

“Would you like to tell me about her?” she asked.

 

“She’s a popular kid over at our school… But she smiles at everyone. She’s a good person.” I replied. “So yeah, any advice?”

 

I had to wait for a few minutes before she answered back. “Looks like Mr. Sun and BlackRabbit are going to help out as well!” was her reply. Wait… she’s with BlackRabbit?! “I’ll compile their advices.”

 

A few seconds later… “Be bright. Be cool. Be easy to talk to. Look over at her gently on occassion. 99% get used to your mutual love.” Are you stupid?!

 

“I think I need some more concrete advice,” I asked Sunflower.

 

“Well, could you tell me more about her?”

 

Pondering on what to respond, I remembered every scene I could remember of her. “Her smile is cute. It’s what made me realize…” I replied and sighed, muttering to myself, “I’m just really in love right now…”

 

“Your feelings… I understand them very well!” Sunflower replied with a crying text smiley, “Well then, why don’t you start off with a basic greeting?!”

 

Basic greeting?! But I’m bad at speaking to anyone! But I guess it’s better than doing nothing…

 

That afternoon, as I walked through the school halls, I suddenly saw Sana from afar. I stared at her as I kept walking, nervous on what I should say or what I should do. As she got near, it was now or never.

 

“Mi-Minatozaki!” I shouted and she flinched. Not knowing what to respond next, I uttered as I passed by her, “S-See ya…”

 

After passing by her, I immediately went to a corner and brought out my phone to tell Sunflower about it. It was pretty bad, but I guess it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter