━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Rain Check
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ 0 message(s) ] 

 

“ARGH!” Jeongyeon groans while burying her face to her sheets.

“What?!” Her bestfriend responds, not really paying much attention.

“Why does messenger even have a lockscreen notification if there aren't messages at all?”

“So, Mina's still mad?” Sana eyes her. It was usual for Jeongyeon to wake up to Sana, who pretty much didn't, but Jeong prefers to call it “trespass” her room. They've been bestfriends since middle school afterall.

“I swear it isn't my fault this time”

Sana glares.

“Come on, you really can't blame me?” Jeongyeon frustratingly says, trying to justify herself.

“You'll just be visiting her, what's so bad about that?” Her bestfriend asks with a judging look.

“JUST BE VISITING HER? Have you seen her parents?? Their mansion? The guards? It's like you don't even know that she came from an exclusive catholic school. They would ha-” before Jeongyeon could even finish her sentence, Sana stuffs a cookie to .

“Why not brush your teeth first before ranting all the way, yeonnie?” The older girl munches the cookie in frustration, “as if you're not used to m-” Sana impatiently covers .

“Now you're complaining when I just want to teach you basic hygiene, yeonnie can do better than that?” And there goes her puppy dog eyes.

Jeongyeon stands up and flicks the puppy's forehead. “You could've brought me noodles, but okay.”

“I actually did!” Sana excitingly stands up. “I'll cook it downstairs, bye stinkyeonie!” She then runs to escape the Jeongyeon's playful kick.

----------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon grabbed a black shirt and a ripped skinny jeans and went for a warm bath. The situation is frustrating for her too. As much as she wants to see her Mina, the way Mina's parents looked at her the first time she went there shredded her pride and dignity. She can't point her fingers at Mina too. Jeongyeon knows well she just wanted to settle everything down and make things comfortable for anyone. She knows how Mina's trying hard to convince her parents how their relationship was okay and healthy, it really is, but her parents still looks at her like she's a glass swan. Very fragile and naive. Jeongyeon wanted to help out but she's running out of choices. She's starting to question if it is still worthy to continue their relationship. Maybe for Jeongyeon, Mina's worth every war, but she doesn't think she's worthy for someone like Mina.

She starts crying. Soft sobs turning into caged whimpers. She feels confused and trapped. It's been like this for months. She wants more choices, begs for more choices. ‘I'm such a coward’ she whispers to herself repeatedly. Her legs felt too weak to support her weight. She curled in the corner of the tub. Somehow, the warm water that embraces her gives an effect of relief. She couldn't even tell Mina what exactly is going on with her. She feels small, and depending on Mina with this, when Mina's already dealing with her family, would make her feel worse. She hugs her knees and breathes out. She can't take long or it would be suspicious. She stood up and took a shower.

“You'll be okay. Try harder” She whispers to herself in front of the mirror, as if waiting for her reflection to give her the assurance she needed. She inhaled and exhaled slowly and started changing into her clothes. Once she opens the door, the scent of her favorite noodles kicked in. She almost forgot Sana was cooking their breakfast. She gets down and Sana greets her with a smile.

----------------------------------------------------

 

“How about give her a call?” Sana has been giving suggestions since the moment they started eating. But Jeongyeon doesn't pay attention

“Jeongyeon”

“jeongYEON”

“yEONNIE” she volumes up while snapping her fingers between Jeongyeon's eyes.

“Yeah, I hear you”

“Why aren't you answering me then?”

“I-I just don't want to talk about it”

“You should've said so” then there was a long pause. Jeongyeon didn't replied because she knows Sana's going to add something.

“How aboooooouut”, the puppy looks so confident once again.

“You have my attention” The taller girl answers while side eyeing her while reaching for more chili behind her.

“Let's go apartment hunting!!”

Jeongyeon gives her full attention and faces Sana. “Well, we actually need to do that very soon.”

“We can do it now!!” Sana reaches for her phone and checks the weather. Jeongyeon does the same to see if she had any message from her lover. There was nothing. She started typing in. But what surprised her was Mina started typing at the same time, then stopped.

 

[ JY: What were you typing? ]

[ MN: typing.... ]

[ MN: Nothing. ]

 

Jeongyeon hesitated to type or reply. She just stared at her phone.

Sana could read what was happening, not literally though. She could read Jeongyeon's actions. She wanted to distract her. She couldn't understand why, but it felt like she desperately needed to distract Jeongyeon. Maybe for her bestfriend's overall wellbeing. ‘yeah, she's my bestfriend afterall’

“Yeonnie, the weather's nice today.” She spoke softly. Then she realized it sounded weird and base on Jeongyeon's reaction, it is weird. She couldn't help but feel embarassed so she laughed to escape the shame. “I meant, I did a rain check, it won't be raining today!”

“Oh, then we should get moving, shall we?” Jeongyeon stands up and reaches her hand out for Sana.

Sana smiles and reaches back to stand. The older girl notices she's wearing a summer dress and gets get a little bit worried. “Are you sure you would feel comfortable to check apartments in that dress?”

Sana laughs and nods her head.

“We'll be checking if the cabinets are working, yknow? You can borrow my clothes.”

“If that's the case, let me borrow a cardigan.”

“Sure.”

Sana runs to Jeongyeon's room to get Jeongyeon's cardigan. It was easy to get anyway since it was behind her door. She could hear Jeongyeon scolding her to be careful while she ran down the stairs.

“Let's go be adults!” Jeongyeon says while opening the front door.

“Aye-aye captain!” Sana exclaims as she runs to the garage.

 

Both Sana and Jeongyeon's parents have decided that they should live together for college. It has alot of benefits for both sides, but mainly, the rent would cost less individually. They were so happy when their acceptance letter came from their dream schools. Meanwhile their family was happy because they could do the plan with ease on both sides since their schools are literally in front of each other. It's in the city's university belt. Jeongyeon will be taking culinary at Paul Bocuse's College of Culinary Arts while Sana will get an art major in Tomioka University.

The drive wasn't that long for the first apartment they were going to check. It was pretty decent, 2 rooms, a kitchen with an oven, a stove, and a refrigerator. They were just waiting for the landlord to tell them how much it was. They have 5 apartments to check, but only this one had no price in the website.

They walked around the apartment and it sure was huge. But Jeongyeon thought it was too big for the two of them.

“Should we really get 2 rooms, Sana?”

“Do you want your girlfriend to slit my throat?”

“I didn't mean we should share a bed, , just a room. We're just students”

“Our parents are paying, Yeonnie.” Jeongyeon's answer felt stiff so Sana ended it with Yeonnie. It's like a soft word. They both couldn't explain it and just laughs at that fact.

“Yeah but st-”

“Or are you a scaredy cat??” Sana pinches her waist teasingly.

“Hey!!” Before Jeongyeon could reach the younger girl's waist, the landlord came.

They started discussing about the apartment. Sana seemed to like it alot but Jeongyeon's real concern is about saving up. Their parent's won't be there to support them forever.

“It's $3020. It's inside the U-belt, so you shouldn't be surprised.” The landlord says calmly, but she seems to be in a hurry. “Please confirm now, some clients are interested.”

 

They were surprised.

 

“Could you give us a minute please?” Jeongyeon pulled Sana and explained how that's too much. Sana, surprisingly, agrees with Jeongyeon. It was two much for just the two of them.

“You could let your gf pay instead, I'll let you trash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter