Rooming

Rooming
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Melanie entered the hotel suite she would be sharing with her sister's boyfriend's friend instead of her sister, she wasn't really all that bothered by it. On the other hand, Taeyong was actually bothered by it when he saw Melanie entered the room instead of his friend.

"What are you doing in here?" Taeyong asked Melanie upon seeing her entered and closing the door afterwards.

"I'm rooming with you instead." She answered nonchalantly while placing her things on the other unoccupied side of the tables and such. "Yuta desperately wanted to be with Serena and so I'm here. He didn't tell you?"

"No."

Taeyong then felt his phone vibrate within his hand and brought it up to his face to check it. A message from Yuta popped up informing him of the new changes. He frowned while looking over at Melanie who went about settling herself in like she wasn't phased to be sharing a room with a male who wasn't her boyfriend or family member. Taeyong's eyes then glanced at the king-sized bed as an afterthought before voicing out his concerns.

"I'm not sleeping in the same bed as you."

"Okay then, sleep on the floor." Melanie deadpanned while putting her hair up in a bun as she checked the thermostat to adjust the temperature to a lower degree.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor either." Taeyong stated firmly with a serious look.

"Well neither am I." Melanie clarified with a scoff as she shot Taeyong a knowing look. "It's a king-sized bed, Taeyeong. It's huge so there's plenty of room for us to share it without noticing the other."

"What if you roll over to my side and suffocate me?"

"Thanks for calling me fat." Melanie sarcastically stated with a rolled of her eyes.

Taeyong grew embarrassed and flustered upon her words as that wasn't what he had meant for it to sound like.

"Ah, no, Melanie, sorry about that. That's not what I meant by that."

"I know. I was just teasing."

Taeyong regarded her a bit, but something was still gnawing at the back of his mind. Melanie noticed and assumed what it may be about.

"Don't worry. I'm not dirty as other people. I'll make sure to keep my stuff away from yours. Also I like cleaniness, too."

"Oh, okay."

"Anyways," Melanie dismissed the topic and went back to the previous one, "I won't roll over to your side while asleep to suffocate you. I'll just wait for you to actually fall asleep first before placing a pillow against your face to do the deed."

Taeyong's body tensed while his eyes widened in fear as he looked at her cautiously. Melanie noticed his posture and shot him an amused look.

"Again, I'm just teasing. Taeyong, it's a joke."

"But your tone doesn't sound like it is, Melanie."

Melanie didn't respond back and only shot him a small smile before turning around to use the bathroom after taking some of her things with her. Taeyong watched her retreating figure disappeared before clutching at his beating heart in fear and maybe out of nervousness, too. He then brought his phone to type a message to Yuta. He sent several more messages as Yuta didn't respond back. He sent some more before sending a message or two to Serena in hopes that her sister was just joking and had the same sense of humor as his friend. Still after a few minutes Yuta didn't reply back to him, but Serena did.

It's okay. You'll be fine. She doesn't bite. Hard. xD

Was Serena's message she sent to him and Taeyong felt like crying out loud and wondered if he was gonna live to see the next day. He thought by now he would understand the sisters after having known them for a few years now, but it seems he's still getting use to them with how vague their answers and reactions would be. Taeyong let out a deep sigh as he felt like he would never get around to understanding them unless he took this opportunity to do so even with one of them.

"You good, bro? You okay?" Melanie's voice broke Taeyong from his thoughts as his attention turned to hers.

Taeyong noticed that Melanie had changed into something more comfortable. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. She cast him a worried look before letting out a soft sigh.

"Okay, look. Let's just deal with our situation for tonight. I'll ask Serena to convince Yuta to switched back since you're seriously upset by this."

"I'm not upset." Taeyong stated with a firm tone as she recalled his earlier reaction.

"Obviously you are. I can tell."

"I'm not."

Melanie shot him an annoyed look, but didn't say anything and instead put her things away before grabbing the hotel's menu and climbing onto the bed.

"What are you doing?" Taeyong asked out of sheer panicked upon seeing Melanie climbed into the bed all of a sudden.

"Chilling and gonna order room service since it's late to go out. Do you want anything?"

Her nonchalant manner to this whole thing really unsettled Taeyong as he wasn't used to something like this, especially by the opposite gender. She called his name and brought him from out of his thoughts once again.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"Do you want something to eat or not? Because I'm gonna order without you." Melanie repeated with a tired look.

"Oh, yeah, okay. Give me a minute."

She tossed the menu towards the end of the bed so that Taeyong could view the contents. While he did that, Melanie picked up her phone and went through it. Shortly afterwards a smile appeared on her face as her thumbs work furiously upon responding to her sister. The pair were conversing about their current situation. Also, Serena was advising Melanie to not scare Taeyond so much, but Melanie was having too much fun and Serena knew that. Anyways, Taeyong heard the soft noises and peered at her as discreetly as possible. He noticed the smile upon her face and wondered what it was that was giving her that look.

Melanie soon let out a few more soft giggles upon finding something funny that her sister had responded back with about how Yuta had packed the wrong clothing and Serena would have to go clothes shopping with her boyfriend. Melanie knew how much her sister disliked shopping, especially for clothing. Anyways, for Taeyong the unexpected noise from the female brought a slow smile to his lips unconsciously. He shook his head a few ti

Please log in to read the full chapter