Up Late (Extra: Run In)

EXO Hates Their Babysitter

Up Late

Caution: Run-on sentences, language, a weird form of humor only I like (I think), unedited

"Breathe in. Breathe out." You say, calming yourself down, but the sounds coming from the semi-large house were not helping you at all. Screaming, yelling, any loud noise could be heard. You wonder how many complaints the owners got from their neighbors. Then you realize that this could be loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. 

You ring the doorbell, mentally panicking because you have heavy anxiety and sadly the therapist you tried to see was unavailable. 

"Hey." 

The first person to open the door was Kim Junmyeon. Even without meeting them before, you memorized their names and faces so you could tell who was who. It was just the same as becoming a stan of some K-pop group. You even wondered if these boys were a K-pop group, because boy they were good-looking enough to become idols.

"Who are you?" Oh Sehun asks, rather rudely as he pops up next to Kim Junmyeon and meanwhile shoving away while Kim Junmyeon protested with a weak 'stop you er'.

"I'm your... uh..." Great! All you need is to have a breakdown in front of the kids who are younger than you, yet somehow you feel even more anxious that normal because wow Oh Sehun is- "You have a big nose."

Junmyeon starts cackling in the background, while Sehun just makes a face. "I know. I would thow you, but I'm not into older women. Are you that person who'th gonna watch uth? You ugly."

You smile through the pain and the extra anxiety Sehun gave you, while you mentally coo at how adorable Sehun's lisp is adorable even though he just called you ugly. Pretending you didn't hear him, you say, "Yes, I'm the person who's going to watch you, so now your parents can go on that well deserved vacation after watching you guys for over a decade."

Sehun only rolls his eyes before getting shoved away because guess what, "I'm here, es! Get out of the way!" Baekhyun shoves you and everyone out of the doorway before sashaying inside the house.

"That's really gay." You mutter under your breath, because secretly you're a teenager at heart. 

"It really is." Junmyeon agrees, smiling through all the yelling going around.

-

All the parents have left now on their vacation, leaving you with the children. You want to cry out to them, screaming 'save me', then realize that you just made a BTS reference and then start giggling out of nowhere because you're a big weirdo, and now twelve teenagers are judging the hell out of you because you're a big weirdo.

"How long do you think this one will last? Put your bets in!" The one you recognized as Chanyeol yells, holding a ballot box, while everyone else except for you and Chanyeol were each writing on a small ballot-sized piece of paper. 

"Who's 'this one'?" You ask, having a bad feeling in your gut. 

"You." Kyungsoo says unemotionally. You feel a pang in your heart because these idol-like men are really not like idols, and not only that they're so straight-forward with negative .

"At least refer to me with my name." You sigh, massaging your temples. It hasn't been ten minutes but you already have a headache. 

"What's your name?" Yixing asks, and you know you shouldn't be surprised but you know that their parents have stated your name like at least a hundred times-

"Kim Hyunjung." You say, mentally giving up, then you realize that you already gave up at age thirteen.

"Sorry Hyungjeng, I forgot." Yixing says, smiling a bit. You cry a bit inside, but you know you can't blame him because he's not a native Korean, he's Chinese and for some reason living in Korea. 

"You stupid unicorn, it's Hyunjung, not Hyungjeng." Wufan says, putting his poll inside the box. You want to question why Wufan calls Yixing a unicorn, but you decide not to question it because they all might be on drugs-

"Sorry." Yixing says again.

"Did everyone get their ballots in?" Chanyeol yells, shaking the box. You only hear four papers, but Chanyeol is still beaming for some ing stupid reason. He's probably an optimist, you think.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo hands Chanyeol a crumpled piece of paper, and Chanyeol just stuffs it inside the box without a care. No, he's not an optimist, you think, he's just a retard.

You blink, and then Chanyeol's reading twelve pieces of paper. You don't question, because you gave up. If your house was haunted, you most likely would just live at your friend's house without a care. And complain to the bank so that you won't have to pay them back (but you still have to, and then you get kicked out of your friend's house because she has to clean up all your '' "IT AIN'T " "YES IT IS").

"Galaxy? Wufan, you idiot, we went over this, gALAXY ISN'T AN ANSWER!" Chanyeol yells, crumpling up the paper and throwing it at Wufan's face.

"Why not? The galaxy sounds nice." Wufan says, unfolding the paper and hugging it. Retard #2, you check off. 

"It's not an amount of time!" Chanyeol says. "Wufan, we went over this a lot, galaxy can't solve your problems!" 

"Yes it can, you have to believe." Wufan says defiantly, and you start to think that Wufan is more retarded than Chanyeol.

Chanyeol ignores Wufan and goes to the next piece of paper. "Negative one second? Minseok, I thought you were better than this." Chanyeol said, throwing the paper at Minseok's face. "She didn't die yet, so you're wrong."

"Die?" You voice out, all of a sudden terrified for your life. You know you gave up, but you still want to see your favorite idols' comeback, and they're taking their sweet time, but you're a good fan and you will wait.

"Die inside. Maybe outside." Kyungsoo says, shrugging.

"Gotta watch Satansoo while he's handling those knives." Baekhyun says, smirking a bit.

"'Those knives' are for cooking, you ungrateful bastard, how much chicken do you want me to take out of your meal?" Kyungsoo glares at Baekhyun, and you stiffle a giggle because Kyungsoo looks like an angry child who doesn't get what he wants. Then you realize what Kyungsoo says, and then you think of your one true love, food.

"You cook?" You ask dumbly, still fantasizing about your love.

"I didn't say that?" Kyungsoo asks sarcastically. "Oh good, this means I don't need to cook for these s anymore, god yES-"

"No, you're still making us chicken!" Both Jongin and Sehun chided in immediately before Kyungsoo could say anything else. You had thought that Jongin was sleeping, but maybe Jongin is just a ninja. Or Jongin wakes up when he hears the word 'chicken'. Understandable, you would probably wake up if someone said 'food' and 'for' in the same sentence.

Kyungsoo huffs, sinking down into his chair.

-

 

 

 

 

"Go to sleep!" You yell angrily. All of the twelve boys were stil downstairs, wide awake, yeling and hollering and doing god knows what. It is twelve something, and though you know that you're probably goign to stay awake thinking about embarrassing moments that happened two decades ago, you want peace and quiet, and you are definitely not getting that.

"No, you!" Baekhyun screams back, laughing at his joke that no one else were. You grumble, going downstairs to see what the these boys were doing.

"What..." You come downstairs to see twelve teenage boys paying attention to a horror movie, and you scream because right when you look at the screen, a jumpscare comes on. Now you're embarrassed, not because you screamed in front of these kids, but because it was a horror movie and you screamed and you ing love horror movies.

And not only that, you already watched that movie and you never screamed because the effects weren't even that good, but now you won't be able to tell the kids that that movie was a bad movie, because you screamed.

Luckily, none of them except for Minseok, Junmyeon, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol pay you any attention because their eyes might as well be literally glued to the screen. Chanyeol is snickering, but you expected that because he's an obnoxious retard. 

"Thith movie ithn't even thary." Sehun says, not even passying a glance because he's busy trying to sink into the couch.

"Says the person who looks like he's about to die." You retort back, but in your head, because you don't have enough self-confidence to say things like that. You sit down in front of the couch. However, you immediately scoot forward because holy , their feet ing stinks. "Oh my god, you guys, wASH YOURSELF before you even do something like this!"

"How about no?" Luhan asks, putting his feet on your head. You growl, smacking his legs, but he's quicker and kicks your hand. You start crying inside because you think your hand is broken, and now it might be infected by Luhan's stinky viruses.

You notice how Kyungsoo had separated himself from everyone else, instead of pulling a chair from the kitchen and sitting there. You mentally praise him for being so smart, to disassociate himself from all these thins.

"Miss Hyunjung, before saying things like that, you should wash your hair." Baekhyun says, taking one of your locks of hair and sniffing it. He turns away in disgust and gries to scoot farther away from you.

"Excuse me, I just showered! It's you guys who have no sense of hygience!" You glare at them, but you don't think it's going to do anything. Your old friend says that wheneveryou glare, you look incredibly stupid.

There's a few who actually showered (you can tell, but you definitely don't go around sniffing nice-looking guys because you're an adult who has respect). Kyungsoo, Yixing who is sleeping, Junmyeon, Luhan, and Baekhyun have all washed themselves.

"Soo, come here, wanna show you something." Jongin groans, and you can tell that Kyungsoo is not going to come over because Jongin stinks worse than hell.

"Wash yourself first." Kyungsoo gives Jongin a look, and Jongin gets up to wash himself. Sehun follows Jongin, and your fangirl mind starts shipping them, while your regular self wants to ask why they are so gay. 

You want to thank Kyungsoo for finally getting some of the kids to wash themselves but you remember the person at the end of the line's warning, so you decide not to move and sit like a stone.

"Wufan, come on, please wash with me, I think there's a ghost in there!" Tao whimpers, pulling on Wufan's arm. You turn to look at the two. You remember that Tao is afraid of mostly everything, and you wonder what Tao was doing watching a horror movie. "I can't shower by myself, I'm scared, Wufan, please!"

You look at Wufan, who looks as if he's done with his life. You can really relate. "Don't ask me, I'm not your caretaker. Go ask Hyunjung." He says, and you immediately freeze, trying to act as if you were not listening at all.

Tao then comes to you, pleading to the point where it was almost screaming. "Please, Hyungeng, please come shower with me, I can't go alone!"

You want to point out that Tao said your name wrong, but there are worse matters right now. You glare at Tao, not caring how stupid you looked according to your friends. "Go bother someone else, please, I'm trying to watch." You gesture to the movie, which was almost at the end. You have half a mind to just spoil everything to get rid of Tao, but you don't want the rest of the boys hating on you if they haven't watched the movie yet.

"Please!" Tao wailed, clinging onto your arm. You think that you have lost all circulation in your arm because of how tight Tao's grip is. You recall that Tao can wushu anyone, and you become scared that Tao might wushu you if you don't go protect him from whatever made-up monster lurks inside the bathroom.

Then you hear a scream and then a bunch of cackling, which made Tao even more scared. "See? I told you guys, the bathroom is haunted! Please, someone, please just come with me! Just watch the door or something, you don't have to go inside!"

That's how you spend the rest of the movie waiting outside the bathroom door, for Tao to come out so you can say, "Told you so."

And now you're tripping over nothing while you're standing because you hear a blood-curdling scream coming from inside the bathroom.

"Hyunjung!" Help, help!" Tao screamed from inside.

You goran, opening the door to see a Tao, cowering behind a fluffy towel, staring at a cockroach. You scream as well, higher than Tao.

You're out cold, because you accidentally stepped on your greatest enemy, a cockroach, barefooted. All twelve people could hear the thud! and immediately came rushing to take photos.

When you wake up, twelve boys seem a lot more... nicer. You wonder why. There's a weird grimy sensation on your foot, and all twelve boys nervously chuckle.

"What is it?" You frown, taking your foot. When you see the dead cockroach and its juices on your foot, Chanyeol swears that your eyes are bigger than Kyungsoo's, and you didn't care that Kyungsoo was choking Chanyeol because you were too busy tripping and hopping towards the shower to take a long bath. You start thinking about getting rid of the skin spot where it had came in contack with the cockroach.

When you come out, dressed in a comfortable Red Velvet shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants, and puffy eyes because you were crying your heart out because you wonder why you got yourself into this mess, and the bigger problem: you bare-footedly stepped on a cockroach.

The boys are nicer to you now, not to the point where they're treating you like a goddess, but you think that they admire your bravery for stepping on a cockroach. To be honest, you would probably be acting like this as well if your enemy accidentally stepped barefoot on a cockroach (after you took the pictures, of course).

Junmyeon tells all about the boys.

Minseok doesn't actually eat that much, but he does act up a bit whenever he doesn't get food. But usually he understands, because he doesn't want to go back to his fat days. You understand as well, but you don't understand why he doesn't act up whenever he doesn't get food.

To get on Luhan's good side, it's surprisingly easy: just say that Luhan is manly, and he'll be best friends with you. You think there's more to it, but you don't question, because you're going to try it out later.

Wufan has a stuffed llama named Ace, and you think that's really endearing until Junmyeon shows you his collection of drawings. You praise Wufan for his charisma and his hard work, and you think that Wufan can draw better than you.

Junmyeon says that he can get a bit sassy at times, but to avoid that, just don't ask stupid questions (after, you ask him to elaborate on that, and he glares at you. Sadly you still don't get what questions he means.).

Yixing usualy does his best to lighten up the mood, according to Junmyeon, even though Yixing is going through "the depression phase". Junmyeon explains that Yixing is like a healing unicorn, because Yixing usually helps everone when they're not feeling well. Sometimes Kyungsoo will accompany Yixing whenever someone's sick.

Baekhyun uses makeup, so Junmyeon tells you that you should get used to random eyeliners in random places. Junmyeon tells that once he found eyeliner in the fridgerator. You decide not to question (you think that Junmyeon might sass you as well). Junmyeon also says that you shouldn't stay too near Baekhyun and Jongdae, because they're a bit loud for everyone's liking.

Junmyeon says that Jongdae is as loud as Baekhyun, but Jongdae likes randomly yelling and screaing. He also tells you that jongdae is extremely whiny, and that he has an on-point recreation of Jongdae's 'ah wae'. (He does it, and Jongdae punches Junmyeon while you start cackling.)

Chanyeol is just always happy, Junmyeon says. Chanyeol claims that he can't get a smile off his face, which gets Chanyeol in trouble sometimes. You nod as if you understand, but you don't think Chanyeol is a retard anymore (you just think he's a bit troubled, that's all).

Junmyeon tells you that Kyungsoo is a better cook than most chefs. You don't believe him, but Junmyeon says that if you eat soething made by Kyungsoo, you'll fall in love. You tell Junmyeon taht you already love food, and that you can't fall in love with food again, but Junmyeon says that that's what happened to all eleven of them. (You still don't believe him though.)

Tao is normally like that, Junmyeon says, and you nod because that's something you can understand. But whenever he's practicing, give him space. Then smile at Tao whenever he messes up (Wufan says it's cute whenver Tao messes up, and your inner fangirl starts screaming).

Junmyeon says that the adults summed everything about Jongin up, though there might be something surprising about Jongin. Jongin punches Junmyeon ahrd, but Junmyeon said that he didn't tell, so Jongin resorted to glaring at Junmyeon. To you, it seems as if Jongin does this daily.

Before Junmyeon can say anything about Sehun, Sehun pipes up, popping up next to ou.

"He mithed one thing. Both hith and Mintheok's joketh are horrible." Sehun says, his lisp popping up again. It makes you wonder if there are classes that can cure people of lisps. If there is, you would probably shove Sehun in and force Junmyeon to pay.

Junmyeon pushes Sehun away. "Anyway, Sehun is just a brat. That's all you need to know."

You nod slowly. "Alright then... Is everyone tired?"

You hear one 'no' and eleven 'yes''s. "Okay then." You announce. "Time to go to sleep."

"No." You hear twelve voices chorus. You sigh.

"When do you guys usually go to sleep?" You ask, blinking hard.

Twelve teens looked at each other nervously. "Twenty-three." They say.

You glare at them all. "And what time is it right now?" 

"Two."

"So do you think you should go to sleep now?" You ask tiredly.

"Well..." Kyungsoo rubs his eyes. "I am a bit tired."

"Me too." Jongin immediately agrees. Your inner fangirl flashes, and you nod tiredly to disguise your sudden energy.

Sehun goes upstairs without Jongin, Kyungsoo and Jongin following him. Chanyeol's smile weakens. "No one to bother anymore..." He murmurs, following the trio up. He was closely followed by Baekhyun.

"You boys have ten more minutes down here. Then come upstairs to sleep, okay" You ask nicely. The rest nod, and you can hear Wufan and Junmyeon following you upstairs.

Extra: Run In

"Guys..." You say nervously. You had brought all twelve out to an amusement park, but you have a bad feeling in your gut, that something bad was going to happen.

But when you turn to them, none of the boys were paying attention. Baekhyun and Jongdae were too busy flirting with the girls who thought they were idols. Wufan was trying to drag Tao to going to one of the big roller-coasters. You can see Kyungsoo looking as if he's about to kill Chanyeol, who was annoying Kyungsoo as usual, but you don't think Kyungsoo is going to commit murder in such a public place, and you are correct, because Junmyeon says that he's not going to pay for the bail (Kyungsoo once asked). The rest were gone, and the nervousness just grew even more.

You sigh, wondering how worse your day can get, and to lighten up your mood, you buy yourself some sweets. Then you see him

By him, you mean your ex, with another girl. You accidentally drop your funnel cake, and you cry inside because it costed money and it tastes good. And you actually start considering crying when you see your ex's new girlfriend look at you.

However, she does not pay you any mind until your ex looks at you. His eyes widen in surprise, and then his lips curl into a smirk.

A year ago, you were able to escape his wrath, and even so part of him rubbed off you, giving you a lot of hate towards to the world, which had originally been filled with neutralness (or love, you don't know). Then you caught him watching , and though it did increase the for some time, you started to catch him staring at other women, and you start to feel self-conscious because you can tell he likes women with nice bodies, and you don't quite fit that section. 

A few days before you broke up, he revealed his true colors, a goddamn ert, and a person who will literally as many women as he pleases. He, however, did not take your viriginity, which might be sad or good, you don't know.

The busty woman your ex has been sitting with pushes him towards you, and he starts walking towards you. You start freaking out, still facing the trash can because you had to dump your funnel cake in the trash.

"Hey." You gulp, because that bastard's voice is so ing familiar. You want to erase it out of your head, but it's embedded in, the times where he soothed you to sleep after fights with your parents, times when you were back-stabbed by your friends because they didn't like crazy fans like you.

"I'll buy you another funnel cake." He says, and you stare at him, frightened, but you see him take out his wallet, and you decide, 'what's the harm?'

"Everything's going wrong." Somewhere where you can't hear, Luhan and Baekhyun were spying on you because they're good kids and know when their new 'motherly' figure is in trouble. "She looks uncomfortable." Baekhyun speaks into the phone.

"Who's the person?" The person at the end of the line asks. Baekhyun glances at the station he was talking to, the place where Jongin and Sehun were. From where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were, they could hear Sehun protesting that he should speak with his terrible lisp, but Jongin pushes Sehun away.

"The blind date. I didn't think trying to get rid of our babysitter and getting blackmail and drama would be this intense. I think we should watch." Luhan said, snatching the phone away from Baekhyun.

"You don't know his name?" Jongin asks. Baekhyun and Luhan can imagine the deep frown Jongin was forming.

"Yeah. He said his name was John Doe, so we obviously don't know." Luhan said, taking his binoculars and watching you.

"So his name is John Doe! It's obvious." Jongin said sarcastically. "Goddamnit, he said he would give Hyunjung a good , so she wouldn't return for night, right? This is going wrong. How am I supposed to bring my girls home then?"

"So don't! And we both know your 'girls' don't exist." Jongin opens his mouth to say something, but was shut off by a "shush, this does not look good" and an endded call.

Your ex has bought you the funnel cake you had originally bought, and now he was sitting next to you. Too close for your liking. Your fingers start trembling, not touching the funnel cake because it could be drugged or something.

"Is there something wrong? Do you not like it?" Your ex asks, sounding genuinely concerned. Of course, you don't believe it because almost everyone has deceived you. 

You want to say that he's the thing that's wrong, the thing that you don't like, but when your mouth opens, you can't manage any sound out. "I-"

Your sentence is cut off by a hand on your thigh. You gulp, thinking that he does this to everyone because he's a ing , until his hand goes up your thigh. You get up. "Please get away from me." Your voice is trembling and tiny, and you don't think that he can hear you. Unfortunately, you were correct.

"What did you say?" His hand goes to your , and now he's ing groping-

You open your mouth to scream right when a teenage-sized petite figure dashes and tackles your ex down, and the thud he makes sounds a bit painful.

"Tackle!" A familiar voice yells, and you breathe in relief because you're glad to hear your twelve boys tackle your of an ex.

"Hey, what's going on?" The security asks, running, and Junmyeon had to explain everything and give a bribe before the guards left you and the boys alone.

Your ex and his girlfriend or friend (whatever) had ran away or something, but they are nowhere to be seen, and that's a relief to you.

"Kyungsoo, are you okay?" You ask. He was the one who tackled the man down, and Chanyeol had ran to tackle the two after. He was under the whole mess, which all twelve boys had joined. Minseok didn't know what was going on, and just layed himself on the pile because it looked nice (but it was a bit stinky, and Minseok immediately left to eat your funnel cake).

Kyungsoo nodded. "We're sorry." He says, nudging Baekhyun and Jongdae.

Everyone bowed your heads, and you don't understand before they explained everything.

Orignally, when they asked to go to the amusement park, it was because they had a plan in mind. To rid their day of any supervision, they had planned to set you up on a blind date, the person being a so that hopefully you would be taken home for a good . They were watching to see whether their plan would go in mind, and they also wanted some blackmail to use against you, but that all went away when Chanyeol figured out something was wrong.

You pat Chanyeol's head, and despite Chanyeol being taller than you, you manage. "Thanks. But I'm disappointed. Again. I wouldn't have ran in to him if it weren't for you guys..."

"We're sorry." They say for what seems like the millionth time. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Yixing asks. "I can heal you."

"I'm alright, Yixing. Go ask everyone else if they're alright, that tackle looked a bit painful."

"I assure you, it's not." Baekhyun says, his hair now all messed up. 

"Hyunjeng!" Tao yells, running over. "We got you something to cheer you up."

Wufan proudly holds out a big fluffy stuffed llama. "Galaxy." He says proudly.

"Its name is Galaxy?" You ask, a bit perplexed yet excited when you see the largeness of the animal.

"No, you can name it anything you want." Junmyeon says, panting as he managed to catch up with the two. "It's yours. They got it for you. Tao suggested it, he wanted you to cheer up."

Now you really do want to tear up, but Luhan says that you look ugly when you cry ("Junmyeon can relate" Wufan says), so you decide to leave that for the showers and sleep. "Wow... thanks. Really. I don't think I deserve this beautiful being." You say, hugging the large llama.

"Tho, what'th the name?" Sehun asks, and you're really on the verge of shoving him in a pronounciation class. 

"I'll... name him EXO. Because it has the same meaning as galaxy." You smile at Wufan, and he beams in response.

-

So, this takes before EXO comes. I won't explain the whole plot to you, but each drabble/chapter has meaning to the plot~

You can also suggest drabbles, which I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DO

Word count: ~4650 words

not my best -.-