Final

Down the Hall

Unbeta'd. Please excuse any mistakes, it's been awhile.

Enjoy!


 

He knew you in a way that no one else did, understood you in ways that took you by surprise. But it’s expected when he’s been by your side all these years, yet you remember the day you both first locked eyes down the hall, a connection, a spark that you had never felt before, lighting up the world around you. It felt as if the universe had placed the two of you there on purpose, to allow fate to fall into place the way it was meant to be.

 

You wanted to reach out, to walk towards him, but it was almost as if your feet were glued down and the school bells rang with him disappearing into the crowd of students rushing to their own classes. It was only then you felt free to move, but he was gone and you were wandering aimlessly through the halls, searching for your class, all thoughts of him disappearing into the back of your mind.

 

It took a full semester and winter vacation before you saw him again.

 

It was the beginning of the second semester and all the seniors had been preparing for their university and college entrance assessments. You had decided to take extra evening prep classes because that’s just you; always wanting to be prepared, always wanting things to go how you had planned it out, always listing and planning so that things go well for you. You had it all down, a vision of where you’ll be in ten years.

 

The seat next to you creaked, snapping you out of your thoughts of the future and a softly spoken voice broke the silence, “Hey, I’m Jaehyun.” Your attention flicked towards the boy sitting next to you, realizing upon seeing him that it was the boy you had seen down the hall, the one you felt an insane connection to, the one who, the universe decided to place in your path.

 

That’s when you realized that your plan went down the drain.

 

Through the next few years, Jaehyun had been by your side, your relationship growing together as you grew as people. Studying in your senior year had become dates and courting through the summer, when he, upon graduation, decided that it was time he introduced himself to your parents, siblings, and friends, wanting the approval of the people that meant the world to you.

 

Soon enough, dating had made the two of you official. But life always came with its little bumps in the road, from your schedules never aligning, to personal issues - yet somehow, you two made it work, creating study dates like you had in high school, to finally coming to the conclusion of moving in together when you realized that your families homes were too crowded when either of you would stay over.

 

Your plan never really went down the drain, you just had to make little adjustments for the other part of your plan- Jaehyun.

 

Like the years before, your eyes locked with his, and his lips curled into a small smile as he faced towards you This time he looked at you down the aisle, and this time, you weren’t planted in your spot, but walking up to meet him to connect your future with his, your heart pounding heavily in your chest, and your world aligning with his.