Movies

Movies
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yeon. Can you leave and go hang out somewhere else?" Minho asked his step-sister while standing in front of the TV blocking her view.

She swerved her head to look around him while speaking and not paying her step-brother any attention.

"No. I was here first. You're blocking my view of Xiao Nai and Bei Weiwei who are about to actually meet in real life."

Minho stepped into her line of sight and blocked her view once again.

"Can't you be like Seul and watch it in your room or something?"

"No. Why can't you go into your room and do whatever it is that you wanna do in there?"

Yeon paused the film and finally glanced up at Minho awaiting his response.

"I can't. I have friends over and it'll be too cramped." Minho answered.

"That's not my fault." Yeon replied indifferently while hugging her large stuffed rabbit that she was partially lying upon and continued to watch her movie. "Besides, the parents told us that we weren't supposed to have anyone over."

"Yeah, they're not here and I can do whatever I want." Minho remarked just as he tugged her plush doll out from under her and began to softly hit her with it. "Move so that I can have the living room, Yeon."

"Ugh, in' Minho. No and stop it. You're so annoying."

She blocked the attacks while standing up to get even with him. Minho slightly feared for his life as he knew that Yeon doesn't hold back even if the other person was the opposite gender, but continued to attack his sister until the two tumbled to the ground and Yeon was now the one softly hitting her brother with the stuffed toy.

"You little . I took care of your cats for free and this is the appreciation I get?"

Yeon gave her brother one final little hit before standing up while huffing and letting the rabbit drop on top of him.

"Little . Next time ask someone else to take care of them and I hope they charge you a lot."

Once Yeon had gotten all of that out of her system and looked in a random direction to not stare at Minho's body, her eyes met with a familiar face among the seven other people standing there. Yeon quickly averted her gaze out of embarrassment because she didn't know that he was friends with her brother.

" my life." She mumbled to herself before glaring down at Minho who had his side while petting the stuffed rabbit to cast her a slight smirk.

"Why didn't you say that they were already here, you jerk."

Yeon lightly kicked Minho's thigh as he just laughed at her not responding back.

"I'ma eat all of your strawberry ice cream and tell Dad that it was you who broke his bookshelf and not Doongie."

"Ah, wait, Yeon. Please don't eat my ic-" Minho called out, but Yeon rushed off not letting him finish his sentence.

"Um, you good?" Seul asked her sister upon Yeon entering her bedroom without a knock.

"Minho's friends are here." Yeon informed her, but not answering her sister's question.

"He knows that Dad told us not to have anyone over, right?"

"He does, but he doesn't care."

"Well, that's Minho for you. Lucky for him since the parents will be gone for the week. Anyways, is that why you're in here now? Because you think his friends are cute." Seul teased as Yeon rolled her eyes and sat on Seul's desk chair as the younger female was occupying her own bed.

"Not even." Yeon denied. "I just embarrassed myself a while ago."

Seul laughed.

"What did you do?"

"I beat up Minho with Maki while his friends were quietly watching it all go down."

Seul laughed louder. Yeon wasn't amused and rolled her eyes until her sister's laughing died down.

"It's not that funny."

"That's pretty funny because that's so you."

"Shut up, but the dumb part is that I know one of them."

"Oh?" Seul let out in surprised. "Who? Do I know him?"

"Bang Chan."

Seul perked up upon hearing the name with a teasing look.

"Ohh, the one with that Australian accent, right?"

"Yes." Yeon confirmed while narrowing her eyes cautiously upon noticing her sister's expression. "What about it?"

"I have a classmate that has an Australian accent, too. I wonder if they're related."

"Oh okay. Same accent must mean they're related."

"You never know since I hardly come across other people with another accent." Seul stated before returning back to the previous top. "This is the same Bang Chan that made you a playlist when y'all first met so that you can listen to something while studying and even to sleep better, right?" Seul cooed playfully afterwards while Yeon rolled her eyes soon afterwards with a bored look.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean anything."

"Yeah, sure. It's been like what? Four years that y'all met?"

"Yes and I wasn't aware he Chan knew Minho. Then again, I never met any of Minho's friends. Also Chan and I only hung out at school, but it's weird because Minho attends the same one. Even you go there."

"Yeah, but I don't hang out with you at school either."

"True."

"Anyways, Yeon," Seul dismissed the current topic an went back to the previous one, "You can't hide in here forever. I have to run errands in a bit."

"What errands?"

"I need to get supplies for an assignment for one of my classes. It's due by the end of this week."

"Wow. Always last minute with you."

"Yeah, of course. You know how I roll. Anyways, do you wanna come with me then?"

"No." Yeon quickly declined with a disgusted look. "I hate shopping with you."

"Oh, c'mon. I hate going to places by myself."

"You're seriously just picking up stuff. It's different."

"Yeah, but I'll probably need help carrying the stuff."

"Nah. That's your fault. Should buy yourself one of those wagon things."

"You were supposed to get that for me for Christmas."

"Oh, right. I'll get it for you later."

"Mmhmm. I've been waiting for like two years now."

"You'll get it when you get it. Why not ask Minho's friends to help you out?"

"No. That's weird. I don't know them. Anyways, you wanna come or not?"

When Yeon and Seul were ready to leave the duo had walked out into the living room towards the door. Since Seul had walked out first, she happened to noticed one of Minho's friends who also spotted her before a goofy expression appeared on his face. The said male quickly rose from his spot on the floor before quickly making his way towards Seul. The rest of the boys curiously watched their friend stand up and headed towards the female duo. Seul with a small smirk pulled Yeon in front of her which resulted in the male to envelop the older sister instead within his embrace as his eyes had closed upon contact.

"Seul! I've missed you." He cooed with affection as Yeon silently freaked out and tried to squirm out of his hold upon the unexpected skinship from the random male.

"Sorry, but you got the wrong person." Yeon told him a second later causing the male to open his eyes and stared wide-eyed at Yeon apologetically.

"I'm so sorry."

Hyunjin instantly released Yeon causing her to stumble away from him before catching her balance and steadying herself a moment later. Hyunjin then faced the right person and pouted at her with sad eyes.

"That was not funny, Seul."

"Don't be such a baby." Seul said with a laugh. "You'll live, Hyunjin."

"You guys know each other?" Minho asked directing the question at his friend and little sister causing the two to turned their attention towards Minho.

"I'm her boyfriend." Hyunjin answered proudly with a large smile while Seul replied with a small smile and nonchalant tone. "He's a classmate."

Hyunjin's jaw dropped in disbelief as he faced his girlfriend.

"Did you just say I was your classmate and not your boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Technically, you are also my classmate." Seul stated indifferently before gesturing at a few of Minho's friends. "So is Felix, Seungmin, Jisung, and Jeongin."

"Hi, Seul!" The four greeted her happily while coming over to the female to give her hugs like they usually would do upon greeting each other.

"Hey, hey, that's my girlfriend. No touchy. Back away." Hyunjin huffed as he pushed his friends away with a playful smack once they got done hugging Seul and had move back to settling themselves in the living room again. "When did y'all become friends without me knowing?"

"Honestly, I didn't even know that y'all were friends. It's kinda weird now that I see all of you gathered in my home."

"You're telling me." Minho commented with a disgusted look.

Yeon shot Minho a look.

"Well, we wouldn't have to if you just didn't invite anyone over."

"Well, technically, I didn't, but now that I think about it you need friends, anyways."

"Wow, what a jerk. I have friends and it's weird if I become friends with your friends, too."

"My friends are a whole lot better than yours."

"You keep it up, Minho, I'ma tell Mom that it was you who made all the photo frames cracked and that it wasn't Soonie and Dori."

"Fine, Yeon, but I thought I could deal with one of them knowing my sister, but now five more of them knowing the other sister. Bleh. It's too much."

"You'll live. You have nine lives, anyways."

Seul brushed him off with a chuckle.

"Psh, I wish. Since when were you dating my friend, Seul?"

"I didn't know he was your friend. Actually, I've never met any of your friends until now."

"Yeah. I didn't know that this Seul was the sister you were talking about, Minho, that was the same Seul who was my girlfriend." Hyunjin commented as he clung onto Seul with a happy expression.

"Anyways," Seul interjected while letting her boyfriend hold her for a bit before directing her attention onto her brother, "Yeon and I are gonna go shopping right now and so we'll be back later."

"Oh, then buy me food." Minho tells them nonchalantly.

"Buy your own food." Yeon retorts with a narrow look at her brother. "Seul needs to buy school supplies and that's why I'm accompanying her since she hates going to places by herself."

"Oh. Is it for Mr. Heo's class?" Felix pipes from his spot. "I'll come, too, since I gotta buy stuff for his class, too."

"Go buy yourself." Hyunjin rejected the idea. "I'll go with Seul instead."

"Okay, cool. Go to the store with your boyfriend, Seul." Yeon stated with a smile. "I don't need to go now."

"Then you buy the food, Yeon." Minho repeated with a smirk. "You're the oldest and Dad left his card with you."

Yeon walked towards Minho while pulling out her father's credit card from one of her pockets and handed it to Minho.

"Just call delivery. I'll be busy."

"Doing what?"

"Watching Detective Pikachu."

"By yourself?" Minho asked with a judging expression.

Yeon cast him a 'duh' face.

"Yeah, obviously."

"Ohh, let's all go watch a movie together!" Jeongin exclaimed with a bright smile.

"I agree with Jeongin. Let's go watch a movie together." Jisung agreed with excited eyes. "We can finally watch Endgame."

"Hold up, Jisung,"  Seungmin interjected himself into the conversation, "I thought we were supposed to play games and hangout here?"

"We can do that another time, Woojin." A third person spoke wearing all black. "Let's all go watch Endgame since we're all free right now."

"Changbin's right." Felix said with a nod. "We can play games after watching Endgame."

"Ohh, yeah, I agree to what Felix says." Hyunjin inputted right after. "Let's do that instead."

"I'm going shopping, not to the movies." Seul stated giving her boyfriend a slightly annoyed look. "You can do that with your friends without me."

"We can go supplies shopping after the movies" He reasoned with a gentle smile.

Seul shrugged not minding it either way now that she thought about it.

"Sure, I guess."

"I'm pretty sure that Yeon said she wanted to watch Detective Pikachu and not Endgame." Chan reasoned giving them a curious look. "I don't think she wants to watch what we want to watch."

Everyone turned to face Yeon who at that moment had just turned to look over her shoulder to make sure that no one had noticed that she was trying to leave the place. She let out an embarrassed laugh upon being caught while catching the eye of Chan who shot her an amused smile who's been quiet this whole time.

"What?" She asked feeling like she had missed out on something.

"So what do you say, Yeon?" Chan asked her all of a sudden.

"Say to what?" She questioned now all confused upon not paying attention to their conversation earlier.

Chan smiled as he repeated the two options.

"I know that you want to see Detective Pikachu, but the other boys minus your brother wants to watch Endgame. So which one do you say to?"

"Hello. How may I help you?" The staff asked Yeon upon going up to the window at the cinemas although she glanced to her right upon seeing Chan standing there right beside her as well.

She ignored him and paid her attention onto the worker.

"Uh yeah, hi. Can I have eight tic

Please log in to read the full chapter