Final

Are you perhaps a little bit homesick?

Tzuyu had not been feeling well. Physically, she was fine. But she didnt feel fine. She had just recently moved to Korea and was feeling a bit homesick. Homesick enough to skip class and be sitting under a tree. She was only 16, but her parents wanted her to move to Korea from Taiwan because there was a fancy private school that offered her a scholarship. It's not like she didn't know anyone, her parents' friend had a daughter who also went to this school. She was nice, and seemed to know more than she was credited for, but it wasn't enough. She was generally a good, quiet student that never stepped out of line, but she couldn't help wanting to go home. Why couldn't she have just gone to a public school back in Taiwan?

 

"Tzuyu?"

 

She doesn't answer. Maybe if she pretended she wasn't here, the owner of the voice would leave.

 

Nope.

 

"Tzuyu-ah I know you're there. Answer meeeee"

 

The girl was what Tzuyu would refer to as a squirrel-lookalike. She glanced at the girl's direction to see her walking towards her. 

 

Tzuyu sighs, she never skipped class. Well apart from today. If she knew she would have to explain her entire life situation, she would never have done it. She just wanted some solitude.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Squirrel girl asked.

 

"Who's this?" Tzuyu replies, feigning ignorance. It wasn't difficult to tell who it was, as there was no one else she would compare to a squirrel, and her bubbly voice could probably be recognized anywhere.

 

"Yahhh! You know who I am." replied a pouting squirrel girl now only about 3 feet in front of her. "Also, don't avoid the question."

 

"You're not in class either,"

 

"Hehe, stellar observation, Yoda"

 

"That's not my name."

 

"Yes it is,"

 

"No it's not,"

 

The girls bickered a little bit, not aggressively, it was a common friendly practice between the two. It led to Tzuyu almost starting to forget her homesickness.  Almost.

 

"Tzuyu, are you homesick?" The older of the two asked suddenly. It should be noted that a grin was forming at the side of her lips.

 

"...No?"

 

"You're not allowed to lie,"

 

"Says who?"

 

"Me, the great Minatozaki Sana, ruler of squirrels,"

 

"pfft." Tzuyu couldn't help but snicker at Sana's ridiculous little declaration, earning a light punch from said girl.

 

 

 

"This school is pretty great you know," Sana says a litte gentler than before.

 

"I know."

 

"One of the best in Korea,"

 

"I know."

 

"Aigoo, you're hard to please!"

 

"I know."

 

Sana decides that the Maknae needed a hug, so that's what she gave her. A big warm bear hug.

 

"Unnie! Hajimaaa!"

 

"Nope."

 

...

 

The tree soon became a their little meeting place, eventually housing 9 girls for their breaks and perhaps a couple of times where some of them decided to skip classes.

 

To this day, Squirrel girl still gives Yoda bear hugs when she feels like it.

 

You could say Squirrel girl is at large, much to the annoyance of Yoda.

 

All in all, Tzuyu is really grateful for Sana's touchiness and cheerful demeanour. And Sana knows her affection is returned, just in a slightly different way.