Everlasting Pain

Everlasting Pain

 

“Donghae-ie? You know your game later today? Well, I known I promised to go and cheer you on… but it turns out that I can’t. I have a big exam the day after that I must study for!” Seohyun pouted at Donghae. She knew that he’d be really upset about it since she had backed out the other two times as well.

The two had first met as acquaintances in a manhunt for a job. Then, after, they had become colleagues. After being colleagues for half a month, Donghae’s flirtiness had caused Seohyun to fall in love with him.

Now things were seeming to change A LOT…

Seohyun had been shifted to another location to work. School was bombarding her and stealing a lot of her time. Seohyun’s many school activities and extracurricular activities were also a source of torture towards her.

Donghae winced when he saw Seohyun waiting outside his part-time coaching center. Sure… the last thing he wanted to see was her…

“Hi…” Donghae smiled a flat smile at Seohyun.

“Ahhh… I knew you’d be happy! I especially made time to spend with you!” Seohyun took his hand.

“Sorry, I’m busy. I don’t have time,” Donghae boldly rejected. He dropped her hand and looked away.

“Oh, I see…” Seohyun pouted. But serves her right for always doing that to him… “Then I’ll find something other to do…”

“Yep,” Donghae walked away from her to work once again, leaving her alone…

“Okay, well I’ll go then… Call me when you’re done with work, okay baby?” Seohyun urged. She eyed Donghae, wondering to whether he even heard her. She left the store and pondered over to the park across the street. Well now she had nothing to do … She found a seat on a bench and sprawled out on it. She soon began to realize how lonely and bored Donghae must have been during the times when she was busy. She lay back and closed her eyes.

A couple of minutes later…

“Heads up!”

Seohyun opened her eyes and saw a couple of kids run past her. Just a few years ago, she had been that young too. Her eyes wandered around and all of a sudden, she saw… Donghae?! With another girl? Seohyun rubbed her eyes and looked again. It was him… but he was with another girl?!

Seohyun watched cautiously as Donghae and that other girl held hands and walked. It couldn’t be! Donghae… was cheating on her?! She saw them sit on the slide together, the girl on his lap. Her eyes grew bigger when she saw Donghae push the girl down and get on top of her, kissing her.

Seohyun couldn’t believe that those very lips that had kissed hers were now engaged with another woman’s! She felt her heart frantically throbbing against her chest. Her chest felt so tight and uncomfortable. She let out a weak gasp and fainted onto the floor.

“Hey, are you okay?!” A stranger ran over to her.

“It’s okay, I know her.” Sooyoung Choi, one of Seohyun’s best friends ran over as a bystander. “Ya, Seohyun? Are you okay?” She whipped out her phone and called 9-1-1. “Hello?”

💔

Seohyun opened her eyes and blinked the blur away. She was tearing in her sleep. She looked around and saw Sooyoung by her side.

“Seohyun, are you alright?!” Sooyoung screamed.

Seohyun wiped her eyes and croaked out, “Where am I?”

“You’re in the hospital… you passed out in the park. What happened?!” Sooyoung frantically said.

Seohyun just nodded slowly and looked away from Sooyoung. “I saw Donghae with another woman…”
“What?! No way! He loves you so much!” Sooyoung urged.

“I don’t know… I don’t know,” Seohyun whimpered.

“That!” Sooyoung got up and cracked her knuckles. She wore a grimace on her face.

“Sooyoung… nooo…” Seohyun croaked out.

“But that dingo!” Sooyoung glared, then pouted. “I feel so bad for you…”

💔

“Jessica, good night…” Donghae sent Jessica home late at night. “I love you,” he kissed her goodbye and left. As he left, he couldn’t help but think about Seohyun. They hadn’t seen each other for the whole day; neither had called each other… Could something have gone wrong? He tried to concentrate his mind on something else. At this point, he saw no point in continuing their relationship. He took out his cell phone and dialed in Seohyun’s phone number.

💔

On the other side of town, Seohyun sat in bed holding her cell phone while watching Korean dramas. If there was one thing that really made her happy, that would be Korean dramas.

All of a sudden, her phone rang. Seohyun simply listened to the ring tone for a while before she actually decided to check the caller ID. Donghae… She didn’t know if it was a good idea to speak to him. But if she didn’t, he might feel suspicious…

“Hi,” Seohyun answered into the receiver.

“Seohyun, could you come out now? I want to see you,” Donghae stretched out the last part slightly.

“Ahh…” Seohyun wanted to say ‘yes’ but when she recalled him and that other woman, she felt upset.

“Please?” Donghae pleaded.

“Ani-oh…” Seohyun whined. She was in no mood to see him now.

“Fine, then good night,” Donghae hung up.

Seohyun got teary-eyed, her bottom lip quivered and she felt a lump in . He hadn’t even said ‘i love you’ as he always did or given her a kiss… Their relationship no longer felt the same and Seohyun was afraid to admit that it all might be her fault…

💔

“I guess this is goodbye…” Donghae dropped Seohyun’s hand and took Jessica’s hand. “I’ve moved on… to someone with a better appeal…”

“Nooo!!!” Seohyun sat up in bed, half-screaming with a look of mortifying terror on her face. She eyed her body. Although she wasn’t all round and curvy like the woman she’d seen with Ryeowook. She still wasn’t too bad for a junior in highschool.

Seohyun rolled out of bed and yawned. Tired? Yes. School? Yes… Seohyun’s eyes popped open and she jumped out of bed. School?!! Seohyun ran to her wardrobe and picked out an outfit to wear. Then she ran down, grabbed a quick breakfast and ran out of the house.

💔

Seohyun arrived at school and entered the building.

“Yah, you dropped something,” someone called out to Seohyun.

“Oh, thanks,” Seohyun retraced her steps and picked up a notebook that she had dropped. When she stood up, she saw Donghae standing before her.

“Oppa… it’s been a while…” Seohyun stuttered.

“Ada-h… I know,” Donghae eyed Seohyun up and down. “Can we speak?”

“Sure…” Seohyun glanced around. This was it. She felt a lump grow in . Would the tears fall even before he said a word?
Together they walked to a vacant spot by an exit.

“Seohyun, let me be frank with you… Let’s break up,” Donghae poured out.

Seohyun had been expecting him to say that for only so long that when he actually did say it, a smile appeared on her face.

Donghae was befuddled by this and simply smiled along. “So, are we okay?” He patted her on the back.

“I don’t know… I kind of figured that this day would come…” Seohyun blinked back her tears.

“Thank you,” Donghae hugged her one last time and left.

Seohyun stalked into school and went to class. Not intentionally, her tears began to pour in class. Her heart was broken… would it ever heal?