Chapter 2

Secret Admirer

"YAH!" IU lifted her head up to see her friend. "Next time, look at where you're going, okay?" 

"YOUNGGI-YAH!" IU smiled and nodded. She sighed in relief. It is Hong Younggi. IU's best friend. She is a small-time designer of clothes and begs IU to model for her. Sadly, IU always rejects her offer. "Good thing it's just Younggi" IU thought.

The two of them started walking their way to school together. Younggi was telling stories when she noticed that IU wasn't paying attention. Few steps from the school gates, Younggi stopped. IU was still walking then she suddenly realized that Younggi was no longer beside her. She stopped on her tracks and looked back.

"Younggi-yah, why did you stop?" IU calmly asked. Younggi rolled her eyes and pouted.

"You weren't listening to my stories... I can see that you are REAAAAALLY busy with your thoughts." Younggi teased.

"Really? Uhh.. I was.. I was just recalling the lesson. There's a quiz today, remember?" IU made an excuse. Yes, it is true that there is a quiz but she lied about herself recalling the lesson and Younggi know her too well. Younggi giggled. IU stared at her, clueless. Younggi walked to IU and placed her arm on IU's shoulder.

"Don't dare LIE to me again. HAHAHAHAHA." Younggi laughed and IU joined her, sheepishly.

"I know you're thinking about him... Don't have to lie about that, okay?" Younggi calmly said. IU nodded. Yes, even with the same age, Younggi acts like an "UNNI" to IU. Since IU was an only child, she doesn't have any kid to play around with at home or to at least pull pranks with and tell things about BOYS. It was a childhood deal for them that Younggi will act like an UNNI to IU. And things worked well.

----

They both reached their classroom. They entered. Younggi was quite popular in the class so the attention was on her. Well, IU on the other hand was invisible enough to sit silently.  Her seat was at the first row of seats. It was the seat beside the window. While, Younggi was seating behind her. 

Soon enough, the teacher arrived. IU's attention suddenly shifter from the teacher to the empty seat beside her.

"Where could he be?" She thought. Younggi noticed this and tapped IU's shoulder. IU leaned back so Younggi could whisper on her ears...

"The teacher is early..." Younggi said then cooly leaned back to her seat. IU nodded as a sign for Younggi that means she understood.

After placing his things, the teacher spoke. "Class, don't worry. Students won't be marked late coz I am too early." the teacher admitted. "Let's just wait for the others to come." He calmly said and sat on his chair. IU pulled her book from her bag and started reading. She looked at her watch. "15 minutes to go. Please go to school today. It's our first day seating beside each other ever since PRESCHOOL!!!" She bowed her head and secretly smiled, not that anyone could notice if she won't keep it. She remembered what happened yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

"YAA! JANG WOOYOUNG!!" The teacher said loudly that it was heard even outside the classroom. The student he called on the other hand, acted like nothing happened. He stared at the teacher emotionless. 

"YOU! STAND---" Before the teacher could even finish, Wooyoung stood up and dusted his pants. "Ne? Seonsaengnim?" His vision was still quite blurred because he fell asleep on class, again. The class started bursting into laughter as they looked how mad the teacher is and how clueless Wooyoung is. Wooyoung was clueless. The teacher sighed.

"Please answer the problem on the board." The teacher calmly said. Wooyoung walked to the board and answered the problem. IU was worried he wouldn't know the answer and get punished, but he got it right. She sighed in relief. (YES, IU LOVES SIGHING IN RELIEF BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS GETS NERVOUS) Wooyoung head back to his seat. The teacher stopped him. "YOU, JANG WOOYOUNG!" Wooyoung turned around to face the teacher. 

"Stop sleeping in class, okay? As punishment, to make it hard for you to sleep, well at least I think you will and I HOPE you will, please sit here in front." The teacher said, his voice was nearly begging. IU was one of the students in front with an empty seat on their side. "PLEASE BESIDE ME. BESIDE ME." IU whispered.

"The seats unoccupied are... beside... Lee Jieun on the right, and Han Miyeon in the center... what is the best... " While picking, Miyeon interrupted. "Seonsaengnim, there's actually a person seating beside me. It's Yuri. She's just sick today." The teacher nodded.

"Well then, Wooyoung, get your things and sit beside Jieun." 

Wooyoung prayed with all his might that the Jieun girl isn't one of her annoying fangirls. He silently sat down. IU still can't recover from what she heard that she was just staring at her book. 

"GOOD, I don't think she is. A girl, even in my presence, is just... SILENTLY READING HER BOOK. Thank God!" Wooyoung thought to himself. He avoided to smile coz he might caught a fangirl's attention and think of it that he's happy he's beside this girl and that'll cause trouble for her. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

The clock is nearly 8AM. It's less than 5 Minutes before the class starts. Still no sign of Wooyoung. "WHERE IS HE?!" IU started arguing with her thoughts. "Hmm.. Maybe he doesn't wanna sit beside me and he prefers to sit on the corridor for punishment." IU pouted. She will always have this negative thoughts in her mind and Younggi knew that. 

"YAH, Jieun ah! He's here..." Younggi whispered in IU's ears. Younggi was also sitting by the window so she can see the school gates as well. IU puffed her cheeks, still praying he could get in the room on time. 

She looked again on her watch. 15 seconds. Still no Wooyoung. 10 seconds. No Wooyoung. The teacher is starting to get up from his seat motioning to the door to close it...

5.

 

 

4.

 

 

3.

 

 

2...

____________________________________________________

JAJANG!! I HOPE THE CHAPTER IS LONG ENOUGH. IS IT BORING? SORRY Y.Y I SWEAR I AM DOING MY BEST TO NOT DISAPPOINT YOU. I AM HAPPY THAT I HAVE SUBSCRIBERS. :)

CHAPTER QUESTION: Do you think Wooyoung will make it on time? COMMENT BELOW. :)

@ shushi_pilsuk > Thanks for anticipating. Is this enough? KKK~