[cutiesss]

The Sun That Lets The Moon Shine

Sana tries once, twice, three times before she lets out an exasperated breath. She kicks it too – a desperate measure in the increasingly alarming situation she’s put herself in. She should have listened to Mina when she said to replace it months before. The damn heater isn’t working and she knows she won’t be able to sleep in her apartment when it’s going to hit negative Celsius during the night.

She collapses against her couch, sulking about her fortune. It really had to stop working today of all days, when it was actually cold. Mina’s scolding echoes in her ears. She knows she’ll never hear the end of her ‘I told you so’ when she meets her next. In her drastic circumstance, Sana ponders upon any possibilities of escaping.

Sana jumps up when she finds a solution for her situation. She grabs her phone, her favourite Shiba plush, her favourite grey hoodie (her girlfriend’s) and her glasses before rushing out of her apartment. It takes her fifteen minutes to reach her location because she takes a detour to grab dessert for her girlfriend before she crashes at her apartment for a night (or two).

Nayeon looks incredibly surprised when she sees Sana on the other side of her door at nine in the evening. She stands and smiles softly at her girlfriend. The sight of her in her hamster onesie and fluffy slippers is extremely adorable. She laughs when Sana hands her a clear plastic bag that has her favourite dessert resting inside.

“Did you want to bribe me to come inside? You know you wouldn’t need one, right?” Nayeon shakes her head and pulls Sana inside, kissing the top of her head. “Is everything okay?”

Sana grins widely and nods, resorting to hugging Nayeon instead of saying anything else. She soaks in the warmth that radiates off Nayeon like a sponge, not wanting to let go. Her nose touches the base of Nayeon’s neck and Nayeon squeals when she feels the Sana’s icy nose. Sana giggles and Nayeon squeezes her a little too tightly.

“Did you come here to take advantage of my warmth?” Nayeon grumbles but continues to hug Sana, appreciating having her in her arms.

“Maybe.” Sana sticks out her tongue when she breaks away.

“And is that my missing hoodie?” Nayeon pulls at the strings of the grey hoodie Sana is wearing.

“It’s mine now. I like wearing it. I sleep better at night when I wear it because it has your scent on it.” Sana blushes as she confesses.

“Hmm. Fine. Do you want to watch something? Since you keep avoiding the question of why you’re here.” Nayeon brushes Sana’s hair behind her hair.

Sana nods, and basically bolts towards the couch. She pulls the throw blanket from the drawer and cocoons herself in it. Nayeon tilts her head as she observes her girlfriend’s behaviour. It’s really nothing out of the ordinary. She grabs two spoons from her kitchen and the bag of dessert, taking it with her to the small living room. Sana is already engrossed in whatever she’s watching on the television, not even blinking when Nayeon sidles up next to her. However, she squeals when Nayeon rests her cold hands against her neck, revenge for her cold nose earlier.

“I was paying attention.” Sana groans, intertwining her hand with Nayeon’s cold one anyway. Nayeon snickers next to her but wraps an arm around her shoulders. Sana immediately snuggles against Nayeon’s neck, sighing softly.

Nayeon isn’t really paying attention to what they’re watching because she keeps noticing Sana’s occasional shuddering in between. She hesitantly pulls away, immediately hearing whines from Sana who doesn’t want to be left without something to cuddle.

“Use your Shiba.” Nayeon throws the plush in Sana’s face. She pouts at the treatment but holds onto it. She disappears into her room to grab another blanket and wraps it around Sana’s shoulders before returning to the kitchen.

Sana watches her with curious eyes, the movie forgotten. Her girlfriend is putting in a lot of attention in whatever she’s making and she can’t help but giggle at how cute Nayeon is. She grabs both of the blankets and lets them rest on her shoulder as she walks into the kitchen. Sana hooks her chin over Nayeon’s shoulder and pulls the blankets around the two of them as Nayeon stirs liquid goodness in two tall cups.

Nayeon is rewarded with a kiss at the back of her neck and she smiles when she feels Sana tighten her grip around her waist.

“How did you know I was cold?” Sana mumbles, intertwining their free hands.

“One, you were basically a clingy koala as soon as you walked in. Two, you came here in your onesie and three, you keep shuddering. I’m scared you’re about to get sick.” Nayeon sighs, leaving the cups momentarily to check the temperature of Sana’s forehead with the back of her hand.

“I’m fine, I promise.” Sana pulls Nayeon’s hand off her head and kisses her palm.

“Hmm. Also, I forgot to add in the fact that you came over late in the night.” Nayeon frowns. “Anyway, go back and sit on the couch, I’ll bring your hot choco there.”

Sana doesn’t let go of Nayeon immediately and she shakes her head. Nayeon rolls her eyes again but presses a kiss to Sana’s cheek. It’s exactly what she’d been waiting for. Nayeon waits for her to sit down on the couch before bringing the hot drinks, dropping in marshmallows at the top before taking them to the table in front of the television.

Nayeon just sits back down on the couch when Sana basically engulfs her with the blankets. “I have no idea how you’re walking around in a short-sleeve shirt.”

“I’m not cold. Do you want me to increase the heat for the heater?” Nayeon gets ready to move, only for Sana to pull her down.

“No. Just stay.” Sana denies. “Let me know when I can drink it?”

Nayeon nods and pats her lap for Sana to rest her head on. She complies immediately, shifting on the couch to a more comfortable spot to be in while she watches television. Sana tugs on Nayeon’s hand, wanting to hold onto it. Nayeon lets Sana play with her fingers as she blows on the drinks to cool them down quicker.

Ten minutes later, Nayeon taps Sana’s head and she sits up immediately, eyes shining in excitement as Nayeon hands her a cup of her special hot choco. Sana gulps it down in a few minutes and Nayeon can only stare. She’s only taken one sip of her drink. There’s a milk moustache above Sana’s lips and Nayeon giggles when she sees it. Sana tries to wipe it off, but fails terribly and Nayeon leans forward to kiss it away for her instead. She turns beet red with Nayeon’s intense advances, feeling warmer than ever now.

“Thank you.” Sana shyly mutters, hiding her face in her hands.

“Can’t believe you’re still shy after all this time.” Nayeon laughs, earning another whine from Sana. It’s just so easy for her to girlfriend, she can’t help it.

“Leave me alone.” Sana huffs, crossing her arms.

Nayeon smiles in amusement, not adding any more comments and sticks with finishing the rest of her drink instead. Sana is still sulking when she’s done, pretending to be watching television when she’s actually too busy wondering how to enact her revenge.

(not that she can do anything to Nayeon anyway)

Sana yawns widely next to Nayeon and she thinks it’s probably a good time to head to bed. She switches the television off, placing her hand over Sana’s mouth before she begins to complain.

“It’s late. There’s no way you’re going back home anyway, since you came in your onesie, so let’s sleep.” Nayeon commands, not letting Sana say a single word. She gets up first, Sana immediately trailing after her, hugging her from behind as they walk to her room.

Nayeon reaches for her electronic blanket as soon as their inside, turning it on and pulling the bed covers off. Sana is waiting by the side of the door, feeling suddenly shy about the arrangement even though they’ve fallen asleep together countless times.

“Do I need to carry you to the bed?” Nayeon teases, enjoying the sight of Sana’s blushing cheeks.

Sana doesn’t move though and Nayeon thinks she does want to be carried to the bed. But, it’s not bridal style. She stands in front of her girlfriend and opens her arms, Sana jumping on her right away. Nayeon chuckles when Sana squeals at being thrown onto the bed.

“That’s betrayal!” Sana’s voice comes out muffled. Nayeon jumps into the bed right after her, pulling the sheets over the two of them.

They turn on their sides, facing each other. The warmth from the blanket is welcomed by them both, especially Sana. She indicates for Nayeon to come closer, wrapping her legs around her waist when she snuggles against Sana’s neck.

“This is a lot warmer than being at my home.” Sana is in bliss. “My heater might have broken.”

Nayeon freezes for a moment before she erupts in laughter. It vibrates against Sana’s neck and she groans at the feeling. Nayeon places an apologetic kiss against her neck and her jaw. “I’m sorry, but you’re really cute, you know that right? I’m glad you came here instead of staying in your cold apartment.”

“It’s always warm when I’m with you. Maybe you’re my sun.” Sana’s cheesy side peeks through her tiredness. “Good night Nayeonnie.” She kisses the top of Nayeon’s head this time.

“Sleep well, love.” Nayeon whispers, holding Sana tightly.