Two

Heart b-b-beat

 

Author’s Note: A bonus sequel! This was a draft for a different story but I thought it fit well in this universe so here we are :D The continuity might be a little off but I hope it’s nothing too much. Thank you to all of you for reading this simple fic! Your comments and upvotes make me feel so happy. Enjoy!

 

The morning sun greets Seungwan a gentle good morning and wakes her up from her sweet slumber. Seungwan sits up and stretches her arms upward with a smile already on her face. She remembers how sleept in Joohyun’s room last night, and how they cuddled the whole evening. Surrounded by Joohyun’s warmth, Seungwan slept like a baby last night, like Joohyun’s baby. Seungwan mentally notes to treat the kids to a lunch out for making this happen. She knows she never would have had guts to make a big move like that.

 

(“Just knock on her damn door and ask to sleep over!”

 “It’s not that simple!”)

 

She looks around the room and pouts seeing how Joohyun’s side is empty. Her unnie must’ve woken up already. Seungwan decides to stay in bed a little longer and falls back down to the bed, snuggling back into the pillows. As she smells the lavender scent of Joohyun’s bed, she remembers the feeling of Joohyun’s arms wrapped around her and blushes at the memory. She suddenly feels all the more awake now. She squeals, kicks up the blankets and tries to calm her racing heart down.

 

With renewed energy, and her smile wider than before, Seungwan gets out of bed.

 

She walks out of the room in her wrinkled pajamas and her bedhead in all its’ glory. She sees Joohyun, swaying to a beat in her head while she cooks up breakfast. Cute, Seungwan thinks to herself. Despite Joohyun’s hair sticking out in a few random places, Seungwan thinks she looks beautiful like this.

 

“Morning Hyun-ah”

 

She sees Joohyun turn around and smile at her. She smiles with her signature smile that has Seungwan’s knees feeling like jelly.

 

“Morning Wan.”

 

Seungwan walks up to Joohyun and looks at the food she’s preparing. “Wow Chef Joohyun here is cooking up a storm!” Joohyun laughs at Seungwan’s silliness and jokingly hits her arm. “It’s just eggs silly.” Joohyun still has that smile on her face as she refocuses her attention on the eggs. Seungwan wonders if it’s weird to find someone’s laugh lovely.

 

She watches Joohyun cook and thinks to herself how much Joohyun has meant to her in the years they’ve known each other. Joohyun has become so much more than just her unnie. Joohyun has become the person who causes her to feel funny stuff in her tummy. Joohyun has become the person who makes her heart beat wildly, the person who lingers in her mind all day. Joohyun is the person who makes her feel so loved.

 

Deep in her thoughts, Seungwan gets an idea.

 

“Seungwan, what are you doing?”

 

“Giving you a morning hug. Duh.” Seungwan says it with a smile. She’s proud of her brilliant idea.

 

Joohyun continues to cook three more eggs for their sleeping members, hoping that it’d distract her from Seungwan’s embrace; arms wrapped around her waist and Seungwan’s chin resting comfortably on her shoulder. It reminds her of how they spent the night together yesterday. How they kept each other warm. How they let their hearts speak silently, free of worry, and full of love. How their limbs tangled beneath the sheets and made her want more. (Jesus, just when did Joohyun get this cheesy?) She stops her thoughts from going any further and prays to the gods above that Seungwan can’t see the blush on her face.

 

“Unnie, you’re so beautiful you know?”

 

Oh, Joohyun’s definitely bright red now. She hates how Seungwan always knows which buttons to push and make her blush. (She hates how she loves it.)

 

“T-Thanks Seungwan.” Joohyun says it so softly that Seungwan almost misses it. Seungwan smiles widely as she sees Joohyun’s red cheeks. She loves seeing Joohyun like this, loves knowing she makes Joohyun feel like this. She revels at the fact only she can make Joohyun feel this way. Without much thought, Seungwan tiptoes and presses a small kiss to Joohyun’s soft cheek.

 

“Ugh, it’s literally too early for this.” Yeri grumbles as she rubs off the sleep in her eyes. She sees her unnies jump in surprise, both looking at her as if she walked in on something private. She probably did. She shuffles to their dining table and waits for Joohyun-unnie to serve breakfast.

 

Seungwan shrugs off any sort of embarrassment and greets Yeri with a laugh. She turns to their maknae while making sure her arms were still around Joohyun, her head resting between the older girl’s shoulder blades. “Good morning Yeri~” Giddiness is very obvious in Seungwan’s voice, especially with her smile as bright as the sun. Yeri gags at how in-love Seungwan sounds. But she has to admit that she can’t help but feel happy for her two unnies. She smiles to herself and decides to tease their leader. (Because she takes her job as the annoying little sister seriously.)

 

“Joohyun-unnie, won’t you greet me too?” Yeri says with a pout. “Or are you too busy being in-love with Seungwan-unnie to greet me?”

 

“Y-Yah I’d greet you good morning if you show me some respect!” Joohyun’s face gets redder (if that’s even possible) as she hands Yeri’s plate of rice and eggs. Seungwan notes how Joohyun didn’t deny being in-love with her. She’d be lying if she says it didn’t make her world just a tad bit brighter.

 

“Quiet down, will you?” Sooyoung says with Seulgi in tow. Sleepiness is obvious in the sluggish movements of the two. Joohyun swears Seulgi’s shirt is actually Sooyoung’s (because when was Seulgi’s last name Park?) but decides not to comment on it. She just silently smiles at the two girls.  Seungwan, on the other hand, eyes the two as they walk out of the same room. She puts two and two together and hurriedly sits next to Yeri.

 

“Hey, did you get them to sleep together too?” Seungwan whispers to Yeri, their matchmaker maknae.

 

Yeri just smiles and winks at her. It’s all Seungwan needed to know to realize that their precious beargi has finally come to terms with her gayness for Sooyoung.

 

(“She’s just so pretty Wan. I’m so gay for her.”

 “Then ask her out Seul.”

 “I’m not gay!”

 “You literally just—you know what, nevermind.”)

 

“So, how was sleep your Seul?” Seungwan asks innocently. She laughs at how Seulgi beams up at her and replies:

 

“It was great! Soo and I cuddled to sleep. I never really pegged Sooyoung to love cuddles in bed.”

 

The other three members seated at the table all turn and look at Sooyoung who’s blushing profusely, embarrassed at being exposed like this.

 

“Aw, our little Sooyoung is just a big softie!” Seungwan throws her arms around the giant maknae, only to be pushed away.

 

“I’m taller than all of you!”

 

Laughs burst out from their table as they enjoy their breakfast together. Yeri starts blabbering about this new series she’s watching and their morning goes on as usual. Seungwan watches Seulgi stare at Sooyoung while she laughs at Yeri’s lame- stories. With her food forgotten, anybody can see how smitten Seulgi is for Sooyoung.

 

Before they all get carried away, Joohyun reminds them that they have another shoot in two hours and that they need to rush if they want to be on time.

 

“Anybody who wants to shower first?” Joohyun asks them as they finish up eating.

 

“ME!” Sooyoung says with still full of food.

 

“Not if I race you to it!” Yeri gets up with admirable speed and dashes towards the bathroom. Sooyoung follows immediately and blocks Yeri’s path. They start arguing over who should shower first, as per usual. Seulgi, used to the two acting like 5-year-olds, ignores their bickering and plops herself down on their sofa to watch TV. Seungwan chuckles at the antics of their maknae line as their argument over the bathroom seems to never end. Seeing how everyone’s busy with their own thing, Seungwan takes it upon herself to wash the used dishes.

 

She moves to their kitchen and starts washing their plates.

 

“Oh, Seungwan-ah, you’ll handle the dishes?”

 

“Yeah! Don’t worry about it unnie.”

 

Joohyun comes up to her side and smiles at her. “Thanks Wan-ah.” Seungwan smiles back and says, “Oh, it’s nothi—” Seungwan fails to finish her sentence when she feels arms around her waist.

 

“Just giving you a morning hug.” Joohyun jokes, a pinkish tint dusting her cheeks.

 

Seungwan thinks it’s unfair how Joohyun can easily make her brain go haywire. Finds it unfair how Joohyun has her wrapped around her finger. (She’s not really complaining though.) Seungwan tries to come up with something witty in return but her thoughts turn to goo as she feels Joohyun snuggle closer and press a kiss to her cheek.

 

“Now we’re even.” Joohyun says, voice barely above a whisper.

 

With Joohyun’s embrace tightening and the rest of the world fading away, Seungwan finds herself enjoying this morning far too much. She suddenly can’t hear the maknaes arguing, or Seulgi’s early morning TV drama. Her mind focuses on the little bubble around the two of them and let’s herself enjoy their moment.

 

If this was how mornings would end up with Joohyun, Seungwan would sleep in Joohyun’s room every damn day.

 

 

 

(“God, are you seeing this.” Yeri says as she points to the two, “washing” the used plates.

“They sleep together for one night, I tell you. One night!” Sooyoung comments, their battle over the bathroom completely forgotten.

“Ah you’re just jealous. Go seduce Seulgi-unnie and let me shower first.”

“Y-yah!”)

 

 

 

 

A/N: If any of you have siblings, you know you have to fight for the bathroom everyday