The CEO and The Reporter

The CEO and The Reporter

Taeyeon was late - is late - for her interview with the CEO of the leading clothing line that is called Blanc and Eclarè. On her defense, though, her alarm clock magically didn’t ring earlier. That was what Taeyeon was trying to convince herself to believe, she refuses to believe that her forgot to set an alarm.

The master of punctuality runs her might to catch the elevator. When she reached the building of the company that she was going to be interviewing, she noticed the line that was formed. There is no way I’m going to fall in line. I’m already late!

Taeyeon saw an elevator that has no line. She saw a girl entered that elevator, she ran as fast as she can to catch that elevator. Thankfully for her, she reached it on time.

“Whoop, almost didn’t make it.” Taeyeon said out of breath. “Thank Heavens this elevator has no line, am I right?” She tried to have a conversation with the other occupant of the elevator, but she was ignored. Tough crowd.

She decided to stay quiet. They’re only on the 9th floor and she has her interview on the 18th floor.

*crash* *whooshes* *elevator stops*

You have got to be kidding me! The other occupant of the elevator thought.

“Woah! No!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “Crap! I’m already late as it is!”

Late? Is she an employee here? If she is, she is so fired! Thought of the other person in the elevator.

“Hey lady? Does this always happen? This is going to be fixed in no time, right?” Taeyeon asked. She hopes the lady answers her this time.

“Nope. We’re stuck here. Welcome to hell.” She coldly answered.

“Was hell always this cold?” Taeyeon questioned back.

The lady just looked at her and rolled her eyes. I am not going to waste my saliva with this kid.

“Do you know the CEO of this company? I was supposed to interview her.”

She’s the reporter?!

“You’re a reporter? Are reporters always like this? Late, and doesn’t research about the one that they’re going to interview?” The lady sarcastically asked.

“Yah! It wasn’t my fault! My alarm clock magically didn’t ring earlier. And this interview wasn’t supposed to be mine but my colleague had an emergency last minute that’s why it was passed to me just last night.” Taeyeon tried to explain.

“I’m Jessica Jung.” The lady introduces herself, expecting the reporter to recognize her name.

“Oh, hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon.” The reporter dumbly introduced herself.

Why this kid?! She doesn’t even know the name of the one she’s going to interview?!

“You don’t have an idea who’s the CEO of this company, do you?” Jessica asked the kid reporter.

“Uh, yea. I’m more into entertainment industries than fashion.” Taeyeon honestly said. “But hey, what I know is that the CEO of this company is single. Something about her boyfriend leaving her because of her coldness.”

This kid is a gossiper. Why am I not surprised?

“Wow, you don’t know the person but you already gossiped about her?”

“Hey, I just heard it once when my colleagues were talking about her. My friend, the one that’s supposed to hold this interview, has a major crush on that CEO of yours.”

“Why?”

“Beats me. I only heard bad things about that CEO, yet, my friend is whipped. That’s actually the reason why I was chosen to do this. ‘Cause she knows that I won’t fall for that CEO’s .”

Only bad things? Jessica thought.

“May I ask why won’t you fall for my CEO’s ?”

“Because, I don’t fall for people out of my league.” Taeyeon gave out a genuine smile. “Man, this elevator is really taking so long to move. Thank Heavens, this is pretty wide for the both of us.” She changed the subject.

Jessica looks at the girl in front of her who’s sitting on the floor rummaging her bag. She watches the girl as she furrowed her brows with her tongue out looking for something inside her bag. What a kid.

“Aha!” Taeyeon suddenly exclaimed. “Want some sandwich? I’m pretty sure I heard your stomach make a sound earlier.” She offers her other sandwich. Her housemate prepared her two sandwiches earlier.

“I usually don’t eat sandwiches, but I guess I am pretty hungry.” Jessica accepted the sandwich. She sat down beside the reporter despite the possibility of her expensive dress to be ruined.

“Aren’t you a bit worried that your boss is going to be mad at you for being late?” Taeyeon curiously asked the other girl.

“Aren’t you?” Jessica asked back.

“I mean, I am worried that I’ll be fired at the end of the day.”

“Why do you look so calm, then?”

“I am Taeyeon after all.” Taeyeon smugly said.

The other girl just rolled her eyes.

“But seriously, I am worried. Not about me, but about you. Aren’t you going to be penalized?” Taeyeon asked the other girl.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s the elevator’s fault, not mine.” Jessica answered.

“I wish we have this kind of elevator in our company. This’ll be my everyday excuse whenever I am late.”

“This is a special kind of elevator.”

“Really?”

“Yupp. Only one person gets to use this elevator.” Jessica explained.

“Wait, really?” Taeyeon asked shocked. “And who’s that lucky person?”

The CEO of this company.” Jessica stood up and pushed a button that was hidden. The elevator moved in no time. She looked at Taeyeon - who was still sitting on the ground dumbfounded.

“I believe we’ve reached our destination, Ms. Kim.” Jessica snapped Taeyeon out of her thoughts.

“You’re one sly fox, Ms. Jung.”

“Not my fault you haven’t done your research, Ms. Kim.” Jessica teased, smiling at the - still - dumbfounded reporter. She walked out of the elevator smiling which has earned her confused looks from her employee and colleagues.

You got me there, Jessica Jung. Taeyeon smiled fondly at the thought. She folllowed the CEO inside her office. I hope Yuri won’t kill me.