on a thin-line

the eighteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: releasing two one-shots within a 30 min time span from each other?

 

 

can ya'll tell i just miss writing one-shots??? ahhh and btwww

 

 

i wrote this on my phone so sorry about the incomplete grammar and stuff.

 

 

As much as she hated admitting it, every single time she sees that number,  dahyun couldn't help but feel a surge in her chest.

 

Three years. It’s been three years since her break up with sana and yet here she is, seeing the clock go from 11:59pm to 12:00am, jumping the date from the 17 to the 18.

 

18... 

 

That was their date. Their anniversary number, the day where the planets aligned and everything fell into place. 

 

Sana asked her to be hers around midnight. Dahyun only remembered because Sana’s voice was groggy and she didn’t miss how cute sana looked with her hair all tussled and chin tucked under her blanket.

 

Their relationship was never difficult, no. From the outside perspective, everyone saw two women in love, truly, madly, deeply in love. And nothing seemed like it could stop them from being happy.

 

It was flawless and maybe that’s why when things headed south... dahyun's mind deceited her to give into a large amount of doubts and cracks that she kept on seeing, kept on picturing. 

 

Maybe it was because Sana was constantly surrounded by lustful men and women that made Dahyun never once feel safe when she was away from Sana even for a split second. 

 

There had been many cases where she would use the restroom or grab a drink at a party that dahyun would come back to see a man... woman.. whoever at the time, try to depict sana’s attention, who she always declined. 

 

Dahyun was grateful for it but it never settled well with her. All of it. The jealousy. It was healthy at first, it meant the other still cared right?

 

Correct. But then, it got unhealthy.

 

And those unhealthy jealousy moments riled up into something that lead their relationship down a dangerous path of accusations. 

 

Accusations that didn’t even come to being remotely true but god, what was dahyun supposed to do when her girlfriend was a walking goddess attracting every human with a heartbeat?

 

No, that didn’t matter. What mattered was her best friend. Mina.

 

Hell, Mina was an angel but she and Sana were close and just that sole reason alone definitely stirred up tension between dahyun and her girlfriend.

 

“Mina and I have been best friends since we were two, how can you think she wants to date me?” Sana questioned, eyes furrowing in a defensive manner. 

 

Dahyun flushed the tears out of her eyes and sniffled, looking away from sana. She didn't want to continue this conversation, if she opened and try to defend herself, Dahyun knew she would only irritate her older girlfriend. So she grabbed her handbag and rushed for the door. 

 

But not before Sana and her long legs reached there first. 

 

“Please move.” Dahyun whispered, soft hands wiping her tears away, eyes not fixating on anything else but Sana's hardwood floors.

 

The older reached for her hand and placed it on her chest, making Dahyun look up from the sudden action.

 

“You don’t know what I feel for you, after an entire year of being together, Dahyun?”

 

Dahyun didn’t mean to yank it as abrupt and hard as she did but it surprised Sana nonetheless.

 

Of course Dahyun knew how much Sana loves her, there's no reason for her not to know when Sana would remind her every morning before she went to her uni classes or when they would cuddle together in bed at night before the sleep-like state takes over her tired body. 

 

Sana would always reassure her feelings and love for Dahyun every chance she got but was it enough? 

 

“I have to go... I’ll call-“

 

A knock was soon heard. Sana kept her position and didn't turn around even if Dahyun looked past her shoulder, looking at the beige door with a questioning look on her face.

 

“Sana!!! I brought brownies with chocolates covered strawberrries~ open up! my arms are getting tired.” a soft, feminine voice spoke outside the door. 

 

Dahyun looked down at the floor and scoffed with a smirk. Did Sana text her while they were arguing? 

 

Sana knew it looked bad but it had no context, which made it even worse. Sana looked at Dahyun, never once dropping her gaze from her.

 

“Aren't you going to get that?” dahyun asked in a monotone voice. Sana depicted her annoyance.

 

“Not until you calm down.”

 

Dahyun felt her chest getting ripped apart but she hid it well behind her unfazed mask.

 

“I'm calm.”

 

Sana didn't fully believe her but approached Dahyun anyway and held her arms in place, rubbing it up and down to comfort her. 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Dahyun remained still, only letting two words fall from her lips. “open it.”

 

Sana went to open the door to be met with mina struggling holding a keychain in with brownies in one hand and fruit bowl in the other. 

 

“hey! what took you so lo-“

 

mina saw dahyun passed Sana's shoulders and froze. Mina couldn't explain it but she’s always been nervous and intimated by dahyun. she never knew why, it's not like dahyun would ever have the rage to step on an ant without knowing.

 

“hi d-dahyun. i didn’t know you were here.” 

 

Dahyun stuffed her hands in her coat pockets and nodded. She didn’t need to see sana’s face to know her eyebrows furrowed and was biting her lips in the act of getting caught. 

 

“ah you had no idea i was in my girlfriends apartment? funny, it seems like a given at this point.” Dahyun bit. It made Mina's skin crawl looking at the expression on Dahyun's face.

 

“i’m sorry, I'll just leave.. i don’t want to inter-“

 

“i’ll go.” dahyun butted in.

 

mina just looked at sana who turned around to grab dahyun’s hand, “wait, can we talk please?”

 

dahyun smiled. sana saw how her eyes were inflame with embers but her fake smile was sweet counteracting how she truly feels. Sana has always picked up on Dahyun's emotions well.

 

“i don’t know. do you want to text me and not tell mina that i’ll come over later or does that seem too... familiar?” 

 

“dahyun.. why are you being like this? mina is my best friend, I don’t know why you feel this way about her.”

 

dahyun scoffed. of course she’ll side with her best friend... of course.

 

“enjoy your date with mina and don’t think about reaching me tonight. i’ll have my phone off.”

 

sana gripped onto dahyun’s wrist tighter. “why? where are u going? what are you going to do?”

 

dahyun yanked forcefully out of her grip and looked at mina who was standing quietly behind the dining table. 

 

she looked past sana and made eye contact with mina. 

 

“don’t let her get to me tonight.” she started, seeing mina understand her words. dahyun looked back at sana with spiteful eyes before walking out the door, “i don’t want to talk to her.”

 

sana gripped her hair and tugged at it with force watching dahyun leave her apartment. 

 

mina didn’t end up staying too long, the atmosphere was dark and she knew she intruded on something the couple was going through.

 

thursday nights were always their thing. sana and mina always had their netflix’s movie night on thursday because dahyun was free friday through sunday.

 

but tonight seemed wrong so mina left. 

 

sana paced around her bedroom waiting for a phone call, a text, anything. 

 

hours went by, until 2:17 hit.

 

dahyun’s name popped up on the phone. 

 

“hello? dahyun, where are you?” 

 

“hi we’re calling from xxx we this woman’s phone after she threw up on our counter and screamed profanities at random guests. you’re the contact she seemingly calls the most. can u please pick her up?” 

 

sana apologizes and quickly made her way to the address. 

 

dahyun was way past gone when sana was handed the limp body. 

 

she undressed dahyun and slid on some sleep wear for her to sleep in once they reached her apartment. 

 

sana looked at her alarm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter