end

when joohyun is _____

when joohyun is half drunk, she's silly, cute and says the most random things.

 

sooyoung never expected to be carrying her girlfriend on her back in the middle of the night.

knees scraped from multiple attempts to learn how to skateboard, joohyun was half drunk, giggling as she stared at the flowers lining the park's path.

"i did tell you to not fall down to break," sooyoung softly scolds the older girl.

"it's okay, sooyoungie." a warm laugh rings out, "look at the flowers, aren't they pretty?"

"much prettier then you," she says solemnly. pressing a kiss to whatever is closest when joohyun leans down to press a hand on her cheek.

"i won't fall this time, let me walk,"

to joohyun's pouting tone, sooyoung sets her down, and watches in amusement as the older girl gets distracted at a lawn lamp.

its a fresh breath of air to see joohyun like this. joohyun, the stern, mature person she was, relax.

"i want to be pretty too," joohyun whispers, hopping from the lamp to the flowers. "teach me?"

"baby, you are pretty."

sooyoung laughes at joohyun's faces before gesturing, "c'mon, it's going to rain soon and we might get caught in it." she opens her hand with a smile.

"coming!"

 

(it does rain, and they do get caught in it.

"it's cold!" joohyun grumbles, her hands wrapping around sooyoung's bigger ones in an attempt to warm both of their hands. 

"but you're warming me up," sooyoung winks, and in hindsight, probably deserved the punch to her shoulder.) 

.

when joohyun is sleepy, she's loud, uncoordinated and endearingly whiney.

 

"joy, come on." joohyun groans out in broken english, nearly falling off the bed as she tries to find whatever alarm is going off. "come on joy, come on."

the english is cute enough as is, but sooyoung giggles more at the way joohyun sleepily opens her eyes, settling a offended stare on her face. "you're mean," the older girl mumbles, changing from a bilingual genius to korean. "so mean,"

"we did promise to nayeon that we'd be mostly on time," sooyoung says lightly, brushing messy strands of hair behind her ear.

"when did you start listening to nayeon?"

"when she made the entire university think we had a bunny kink. what that means... just don't think about it."

"ehhh..." joohyun rolled over, engulfing herself in one of the many puffy blankets they owned. "isn't it true though?"

"is that all you got from what i just said? and no. now wake up, unnie!"

determined to get her girlfriend out, sooyoung firmly grabbed the edge of the blanket and yanked. being the taller, stronger one, she easily pulled it out from being coiled around joohyun. unfortunately, said girlfriend flew out of the bed, onto the floor.

"yah!"

she runs.

 

(they do get to the cafe on time. with a few more bruises then expected.

"jeez, you two are into some stuff." nayeon tells them, her signature smirk beginning to show. she adds, "and not the bunny kind." 

sooyoung grimaces, sending a thankful smile to chaeyoung who pinches her girlfriend. joohyun just glares from her seat in the corner.)

.

when joohyun is stressed, she's sharp, quiet and works herself to the bone.

 

sooyoung sits, cross legged on the bed, staring at the straight back of joohyun. they haven't spoke in a while, the room filled with the clicking of keys and the occasional giggle from sooyoung's mouth as she watches videos.

but now, sooyoung has put down her phone. perhaps saying that the older worked too hard had crossed the line somewhere. she still thinks the argument is valid. joohyun has been overworking. to the point of not coming home until three in the morning and going in on sundays. it's a fine line between working hard and overworking but joohyun is proud, stubborn and not about to admit she can't.

and that's the problem. joohyun has to win.

"i know you won't speak to me now, but maybe just listen, okay?" she starts softly, staring at a piece of lint on the floor. joohyun hasn't shown any reaction, which is good.

"i love you, i want what's best for you. i shouldn't have said it was too much for you to do. but you have to admit somewhere along the line, if you keep working like this, you're going to pass out."

the keys keep on clacking, but sooyoung pushes forwards, "thinking that, joohyun. i just get really scared, 'y'know? like what if you pass out on the street or somewhere where someone can't help you." she blinks. once. twice. the keyboard stops for a second. "it kinda stings, unnie."

they continue, and sooyoung swallows the hurt that comes with the noise. she picks up her phone again, knowing that joohyun has to think before answering.

 

(they make up - or rather, joohyun tries to in her own way.

"i'm sorry." the older girl whispers, pressing sloppy but sincere kisses down sooyoung's jaw. "i'm sorry." 

'i was wrong, i didn't mean to hurt you' are what those kisses mean.

sooyoung knows that it's hard to say them out loud and kisses back her apologies. )

.

when sooyoung is happy. joohyun is happy.

they go hand in hand together, and couldn't work any other way.

(sooyoung wonders just how early she should start to look for a ring)
 

 

(a/n: for you, lady pisces.