One

We break up

 

01. The break up

 

Today is their 4th year anniversary. 

 

Eunbi booked a place in fancy restaurant just to celebrate it and have another boring dinner that doesn’t mean much. They might be still together but their hearts are not in the state of wanting each other. They’ve been busy, well, pretending to be busy or trying to be busy because they just don’t feel like seeing each other. Sakura feels everything they’re doing is monotone and bland, nothing special between them and she is bored. She is needy and she need more than she has now. She thinks she deverses better than a busy girlfriend. She has been thinking of separation lately but never knows how to bring the topic though, she knows Eunbi is also feeling the same. 


They just have forgetten the way to speak their mind to each other because usually every conversation is finished with a fight. 

Eunbi feels the same way but there’s no reason for her to think of breaking up. She had struggled to much to get Sakura to love her back. It’s not easy for her let go of that girl. She still wants to be with Sakura not because she is still that in love with her but because she doesn’t want to let go someone that for the first time she fought so hard for. 

“What about the house we wanted to buy?” Sakura suddenly came up with question that has been lingering inside her head like forever. 


Eunbi doesn’t even bother to lift her head from her smartphone. She is texting with someone. Well, not another girl, no, Eunbi doesn’t like the idea of cheating.


“That could wait.” She answered without any emotion. 


“It’s been 2 years, Eunbi! And we’re still not buying it. Do you want to live with me or not? Sakura starts to raise up her temper.

 
Eunbi is still busy with her phone texting with her partner of work. “Of course I want.” 


Sakura is mad. And she can’t hold her anger anymore. 


She put down her spoon and fork, scowling at her girlfriend. “Who are keep texting with? Do you have another girlfriend?” 


Eunbi lifts her head and stares at her mad girlfriend. “What the hell? I’m working, honey, this about my new comeback album.” 


Sakura knows Eunbi isn’t lying but she just wants to pick a fight, like she always does. Picking fight with Eunbi has become the most common thing now because it’s sickening her to see Eunbi keeps ignoring her. 


We can say that Sakura is needy and she just can’t stop seeking attention from Eunbi.


Sakura intentionally slammed the table with both her hands, startling the girlfriend who is sitting far across her because of the huge luxurious table. Sakura doesn’t even bother to ask why the hell should they be celebrating the anniversary by the two of them sitting on the both ends of a huge dining table. Eunbi looked around carefully, people are watching them and started to recognize her. She sighed, she hates it when she is acknowledge in public places. It’s not really public though, it’s a fancy and high class restaurant, only some people like ‘them’ who can reserve place here.


“Are you done?” Eunbi asked with unpleasant tone that makes Sakura even madder than before. 


“I wanna break up!” She stated firmly. 


Eunbi finally puts down her smartphone and becoming more interested in the conversation. Insted of apologizing and making up with her girlfriend, she burst into a laughter of the ridiculous statement the woman in front of her just said. 


Sakura is madder than ever now. 


“You’re kidding right?” 


“Do I look like kidding?” Sakura glared at Eunbi and now the other firl started to feel nervous after acknowledging those glares that is often show when it’s serious time. 


Eunbi smirked, “No break up, Kkura. Stop being ridiculous, okay? And stop being so clingy.”


“Are you saying that I’m clingy? Stop mocking me!”

 
Eunbi tried to calm herself down before the world war 3 is starting. “For ’s sake I’m not mocking you, I’m just giving my opinion that you’ve been so clingy these days and actually I’m sick of it.” 


Sakura smirked and her eyes are brighter now because she has found even a better topic to pick a big fight and finally both parties would declare a break up. Just like she imagined in the script of her mind. 


“Look at us! We don’t even give a anymore about each other. You are so busy with yourself and we barely say I love you to each other, we better call it off.” Sakura said. 


Eunbi doesn’t wanna admit it because she doesn’t want a break up. That’s how stubborn they are. 


“Lovely, Sakura. I think you’re cheating on me.” Eunbi replies back.


The other girl looks obviously nervous when that statement was said and that makes Eunbi even sure about it. She might be seem busy and doesn’t pay attention but she listens. She keeps listening to what people are gossiping and one of the interesting topics is the rumor that Sakura is having a ‘toy’.


“Don’t talk about me, Eun. You should look at yourself into the mirror, I think you’re the one who cheats!” stubborn Sakura also doesn’t want to be the side that is blamed.


Eunbi, who flirt with others but don’t cheat, she smiled and still looks calm as she is gulping the wine with her eyes never take off of her mad girlfriend’s face wich she once thought was y.


“It takes a cheater to know another.” Eunbi teased Sakura.


“I’m sick of talking to you, Eun. Let’s break up! What is it so hard about breaking up with me when you’re not even in love with me anymore.” 


“Well, I think it’s only you.” 


“Yeah? I’m not in love with you anymore!” Sakura is bit out of control and her voice is louder than before and startles some of the waiters. Eunbi is much embarassed and mad, and a very little bit of her heart is actually hurt.


“Okay! Break it off!” Eunbi’s voice is as loud as Sakura’s and now she is as mad as her.


Sakura started to cry, well, she is just pretending and Eunbi frowned over her reaction. She rubbed her forehead and felt like laughing at Sakura. Eunbi hits the fork to the glass to make sound that disturb the fake cry and Sakura liftded her head and scowled at Eunbi. 


“I know you’re good actress but you can’t fool me. You’re ing facking it and making me feel ill!” 


Sakura groaned inside her and she finally decided to leave the place, leaving Eunbi speechless. She leaned backward and just starred at the empty seat across her and also the cold dishes. 


The waiters are watching her secretly and also the other customers. 


“Just ing great.” Eunbi muttered herself as she realized a new hot topic is going yo appear tomorrow everywhere and the most irritaging part is she will be facing bunch of uselles interviewers and paparazzi.