Coming Home

Coming Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a particularly challenging and mentally exhausting week and there was nothing more relaxing than a game of PUBG. Kai was alone in his apartment with the silence eating him away. His girlfriend was overseas on a tour, Minseok was gone and Chanyeol and Sehun, who usually played with him were on their way to the US to film and the rest of the members where busy as well. He didn’t want to be a nuisance to anyone and force them to drop everything to spend time with him so here he was on his own.

He was in the middle of yelling profanities at an opposing player when the sound of the door to his apartment opening alerted him but he didn’t pay much attention thinking it probably was his older sister who planned on dropping over groceries today. She knew the passcode to the lock.

“Noona, you’re here? Did you bring Raeon and Rahee?!” He yelled, not moving his eyes from the screen.

He didn’t get a reply back but from the periphery of his vision could see her keeping something, most probably the groceries, on the dining table.

All of a sudden Kai felt a presence behind him and something almost feathery touching his ear before he felt a whispered ‘hi’ against his skin.

He had never in his life turned back as quick as he did in that moment and the sight infront of him left him reeling.

It was her. Dressed in a crop top and sweatpants with her face free of makeup just the way he liked it. It was his girlfriend. Kim Jennie.

“You. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in America?” He spluttered.

The expression on her face turned into a frown and she placed her hands on her hips looking adorable as she pretended to be mad at him, before saying, “Yah! That’s no way to be greeting your jetlagged girlfriend who flew all the way from the US for you, Kim Jongin!”

“I’m sorry-” He barely had time to say before she lunged at him and tackled him to the ground in a hug.

“I missed you, Kim Jongin.” She said burying her face in his neck as she practically lay on top of him.

“I missed you too, Kim Jennie.” He said, wrapping his arms around her petite waist tightly as a smile found its way on his face.

“Are you hungry? I bought food for us.” She mumbled against the crook of his neck.

“No, I just wanna stay like this all day.” He mumbled back and could feel her smile on his skin. “By the way how come you’re back early? Weren’t you supposed to come back on Monday?”

“We had an interview but it got cancelled and Jisoo unnie was coming back for her brother’s wedding so we all decided to come back with her. I didn’t tell you because I wanted to surprise you.” She explained.

“Aah makes sense.” He said, tightening his arms around her waist.

It was these little gestures she did that really warmed his heart. She was always so thoughtful and caring.

“Let me look at you, it’s been over a month since I saw your face.” She said, finally lifting her face up from his chest to look at him.

“We face-timed almost every night.” Kai retorted, pulling her up against the length of his body so that now they were face to face with their noses almost touching.

Her beauty never failed to take his breath away.

“It’s not the same as seeing you like this. Why? Are you tired of me already?” She said, cocking an eyebrow but he could detect the teasing undertone in her voice.

“Never.” He said cupping her tiny face in his palms before he finally planted my lips on hers.

It had been over a month since he held her like this, touched her like this, kissed her like this and that one month was pure agony for him. He didn’t realize just how much he missed her till this moment as he held her in his arms and felt her lips against his. Her body against his. It was a slow and sweet kiss but one filled with pure longing, on both sides. And that’s when he knew she had missed him just as much as he had missed her.

Suddenly something wet trailed down her face and onto his and he pulled back in surprise only to see her tear-struck face.

“Oh no baby, what’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?” He said getting up and pulling her on his lap. She rested her head against his shoulder and silently cried against it as he began to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter