Getting To Know You

A Week To Forever

“So, Junhoe tell us something about yourself” Hanbin initialized.

“I’m Koo Junhoe, 23 years old. I like to sing and write poems. Honestly, I don’t have background in modeling but they said I fit this role so, yeah”

“What makes you think you fit this role as a brand ambassador?”  Bobby asked.

“Well, I have the looks and my height is for this job. I think my charms are just plus points”

The three Kims bombarded him with important questions. The interview was by far the longest one among all the interviewees. The last question was quite out of the box and Hanbin didn’t even expected that he would ask it. Even Bobby and Jinhwan were startled with his questions.

“Are you currently in a relationship?” Hanbin asked out of the blue. Seconds later he realized what he asked. He quickly defended his question. Bobby and Jinhwan were smirking at him. June on the other hand is confused.

“Well you see, it might not be in the criteria but an ambassador should not be in a relationship because it will be a distraction to them and also will cause confusions to the public…right hyungs? Just agree with me this is so awkward .

“Since when was a relationship status a big deal in this field?” Jinhwan whispered to Hanbin.

“I’m just curious, okay Jinhwan hyung” They teased Hanbin. He is obviously blushing right now.

June answered to stop the awkward aura inside the room.

“I’m not in a relationship at the moment. You don’t have to anything to worry about, Sir”

“We-well that’s good. Focus on your work if ever you get this job” Hanbin answered, not looking into the tall guy’s eyes.

“We’ll call you if you get the job. Thank you!”

June shook hands with the three of them. When he and Hanbin shook hands, both felt electricity and looked at each other’s eyes. June immediately released his hand and bowed to them.

The interview went well. June feels like he’ll get the job but should not have his hopes high up or he might get disappointed.

After the two-day audition, they sorted out the top interviewees from the male and from the female. One of the top interviewees from the male is June, and Hanbin badly wants to get June. So he lowkey planned to convince the two to pick him.

After an hour of deliberation. Hanbin was able to convince the two. June and Nayeon (one of the town’s IT girls and June’s childhood friend) are the brand ambassadors of their town for the franchise. All that’s left to do is contact them. So this is his number, huh? Hanbin thought, smirking.

Their secretaries were assigned to contact the applicants within 48 hours.

June has been nervous since yesterday. He really needs to get the job. He needs money to help his family.

Suddenly, June received a call.

“Hello? Who’s this?”

“May I speak to Mr. Junhoe?” The girl from the other line said. June’s heart skipped a beat. Is this it?

“Speaking”

“Mr. Koo, this is Daniela from Kim Franchising and I just want to inform you that you passed the audition. You are now hired as the newest town ambassador of Kim Franchising.”

“Thank you! Thank you! I was nervous since yesterday since you might not call me but here we are. Again, thank you!”

“No problem sir. You’ll receive a text later regarding the process and contract signing.”

“Okay thanks”

The phone call ended. June was very happy and shared the good news with his friends.

Minutes after the call, he received a text regarding the processing of his application.

Hanbin just finished working the proposals for the establishment of their franchise when he heard a knock on the door. “Come in” Jinhwan entered the room and told Hanbin about their recent discovery.

“Well I don’t know if this is good or bad news to you, but apparently, one week is not enough. The truth is, one week is very short compared to our research. It might take 2-3 months before we fully establish our business”

Hanbin doesn’t know what to react. Is this a good sign or what? It’s okay though as long as this place makes me happy.

“Have you already sent the report to Dad?”

“Yes, and your father is fine with it as long as we successfully finish our task. We shouldn’t worry financially since he said he got our back.”

“Roger that. Thanks hyung!”

Hanbin received a text from his secretary. He was tasked to meet June tomorrow and brief him about what his job is. He smiled and cannot wait for tomorrow. He suddenly remembered that he has June’s number saved in his phone. He got it from June’s profile.

Hanbin is having second thoughts if he’ll text June. Should I or should I not? He even did a toss coin to decide whether he’ll do it or not. If this is heads, I’ll do it.

He did a toss coin. Tails showed. I said two tries right? Two tries. I have one more.

He again did a toss coin. This time, heads was shown. I told you I am destined to text him.

Hanbin nervously texted Junhoe. What should I say? Hi? Hello? Baby? He erased his thoughts and just typed what his mind says. It’s all or nothing.

June is resting on his bed when his phone suddenly beeped. Unknown Number?

H: Hello. Is this Koo Junhoe?

Hanbin exhaled heavily after he sent the message.

A few minutes later Junhoe replied. Hanbin’s heart was beating fast. Yes baby? What do you need? He lauged at his imagination. The conversation went on.

J: Yes, who is this?

H: Uhhhh this is Hanbin. Kim Hanbin

June almost threw his phone. Hanbin? The.. the.. the guy I picked a fight with in the restaurant? The guy who kept on smirking at me whenever our eyes meet? June kept his composure and acted unbothered.

J: The one from the franchise?

H: Yes yes 

I’m screaming!!! Where the is my oxygen???  June thought

J: Ow. Hi sir. Do you need anything? Where did you get my number?

H: No need for the formalities, we’re not at work.

H: It’s written on your profile. Sorry if I looked like a stalker. Haha.

J: Oh haha so, what made you text me?

H: Uhm I was assigned to meet you tomorrow and brief you about your job. Are you available?

J: Yes I am very available tomorrow, in fact I am available now.

H: Hahaha! Okay so meet me tomorrow at the restaurant where you know, HAHAHA! 2 PM?

J: How many times do I have to tell you grrrrr. Fine. 2 PM.

H: See you! ;)

J: See you too, Hanbin.

And with that, they kind of slept with their smiles reaching their eyes. Hanbin took a shower before sleeping. June on the other hand is done, he’s just scrolling through his social media accounts.

The next day, June woke up happily. He greeted everyone with wide smiles. The three thought June’s being weird again.

“What’s with the smile” Yunhyeong asked

“What’s with the smile? (2)” Donghyuk imitated

“You look ugly” Chanwoo being that again

June glared at Chanwoo.

“Nothing guys. Am I not allowed to smile?”

“By the way I have a meeting with my boss later so don’t expect me to be here all day. This guy ain’t jobless now hehe”

June took Chanwoo’s bread and pulled out his tongue like a child. Chanwoo tried to get his food from June but it ended up the two of them running around the dormitory like Tom and Jerry.

Yunhyeong facepalms. “Aigoo these two. JUNE, CHANU SIT! NOW! FINISH YOUR FOOD PROPERLY!”

June and Chanwoo were panting and laughing when they went back to the dining table.

They finished the food and since June is in a very good mood, he volunteered to wash the dishes.

After washing the dishes, June went to his room and opened his notes. He wants to write a new poem.

While writing, his phone beeped. He checked it and its another unknown number but its from Hanbin. He forgot to save it to his contacts.

“Good morning! See you later : )”

June smiled. He replied

“Good morning Hanbin. See you too.”

June proceeded in writing his poem, he thought of another inspiration for a new poem.

Hanbin smiled. He didn’t know why he texted June. Maybe just to remind him? He doesn’t know but he liked his instinct.

It’s 10 AM and he’s in the office with Jinhwan and Bobby. They are arranging the interior of the office.

“Dude you’re smiling like an idiot again. Its creeping us out” Jinhwan said

Hanbin imitated Jinhwan “dUde yOurE smiling lIke An idIot again”

“It’s nothing. Anyways, who is assigned to meet our ambassadress later?”

Bobby raised his hand. “Me, and Jinhwan’s jealous cause he was not assigned bleh” Jinhwan frowned like a baby.

“How about you? You’re assigned to Junhoe right?” Bobby added

Hanbin smiled like an idiot again “Yes” He answered proudly

“Now we know why you’re smiling like an idiot. Go get his ! Let’s go back to work” Jinhwan

BobHwan left the room even before Hanbin could defend himself. He just followed the two while scratching his head.

Its already 1 PM and June already spent an hour in choosing his outfit. Why am I even doing this? I can just like wear some shirt and pants. He wants to dress simply but his heart wants to dress impressively. In the end he wore a pink sweatshirt and black ripped jeans.

Hanbin finished helping their interior designer. Jinhwan and Bobby waved bye at him because they also have individual work to do. He went to his car and drove off to their meeting place. It’s already 1:30 PM and he’s stuck in traffic but he’s almost there so no worries. While stuck in the traffic, he saw June in his peripheral view, on his way to the restaurant. His face went from wide smile to a poker face when he saw Nayeon approaching Junhoe. What is she doing there? Isn’t she supposed to meet Bobby? His mood even became worse when Junhoe and Nayeon are being playful with each other. They look so happy. Congratulations. Loud honks from the vehicles behind him made Hanbin startled, the green light is already on. He didn’t notice he was swimming in a pool of thoughts. He drove his car immediately to the venue.

Hanbin arrived 2 minutes prior to their meeting time. He told the waiter to notify June to sit on his table when he arrives. June arrived 5 minutes late. Hanbin is clearly not in the mood. First, he saw him flirting with Nayeon. Second, he is late.

If there’s one thing you don’t know about Hanbin, it is Hanbin is a possessive . He gets what he wants. You only have two choices. Yes or Yes?

“Hi Hanbin, sorry I was late. I had some personal matters. Should I excuse the formalities?”

“Personal matters like what Mr. Junhoe? You know time is very important especially to a busy person like me”

“I’m really sorry, I’ll just pay the food, is it okay?”

“No, I already paid the bill. Now what made you late?”

“Should I really tell it to you?”

Hanbin didn’t answer. He just showed his resting face.

June is worrying, he felt like he is obliged to answer him. Are you my boyfriend or something?

“Okay I met Nayeon on my way here and I was shocked when she told me she’s also the town ambassador so I accompanied her to the mall and treat her because why not?” June answered with all honesty

“Because why not? You could’ve done it some other time but why now?”

“I’m sorry Mr. Hanbin but why does this seem like a big deal to you?”

“Because last night you said you are very free, but now you are late because of what? Flirting?!”

“Why do you act like a jealous boyfriend?”

Hanbin blushed so fast. He tried to hide his blush but fate plays with him. He pretended to cough and covered his mouth including his cheeks.

“N-no I’m not! I’m just valuing my time because I still have many work to do. Can we just start with the briefing”

“Okay as you say so” This time, June is the one smirking. He smells something fishy.

After the briefing, June and Hanbin seems to be in the mood right now.

“Where are you going after this?” Hanbin asked out of the blue

“Dorm, probably”

“Wanna go grab some dessert? My treat. I’ll drive you home” Hanbin initiated

“Uhmm sure haha” Did he just ask me out?

“Do you know some ice cream parlors around town? Sorry I’m still unfamiliar here”

“There’s one beside the university! Come”

The two of them walked side by side. While walking, June noticed a biker towards them and seems like he didn’t see June and Hanbin.

“Hanbin look out!”

Hanbin was shocked when June shouted his name. June immediately grabbed Hanbin and pulled him to the other side.

It was an awkward position. Hanbin is below June, being supported by his arms. He almost fell, thanks to June who’s a fast thinker. They were staring at each other for about half a minute when they realized it’s already a bit long.

“T-thank you, Junhoe” Hanbin’s ears turned red.

“I just did what I should do. No worries.” June replied with an angelic smile

The two continued walking towards the ice cream parlor shop.

“What flavor do you want, Junhoe?”

“I’ll go with chocolate”

“Is chocolate your favorite? Cause if it is, then we have the same taste”

“Chocolate is like the best flavor in the world, it has the best taste” I would probably change my mind if I taste you. June blushed with his dirty thoughts.

“Is that how much you love chocolate to the point that you are blushing? Hahaha!”

“Uhh y-yes! Haha I love chocolate very much” June answered to save himself from awkwardness

June and Hanbin sat on the table. They talked about many things such as their likes/dislikes, favorites, hobbies, passion, etc. June even admitted that he’s familiar with Hanbin from the very start and he’s just shy to tell the truth. Hanbin but it’s fine with June.

“So you really admit that I’m a cute guy with pouty lips? HAHAHA!”

“I can’t say no, I mean its very evident” June is blushing

“Then why are you blushing?” Hanbin asked smirking

“Its just… c-cold right now” June answered, trying to avoid Hanbin’s gaze

It seems like one night is not enough for them to discover each other. They also learned that they click on many things. It was only then until they realized it’s already 9 in the evening.

“So I can call you June now instead of Junhoe?” How about mine? Can I call you mine?

“No big deal haha”

“Come let’s go I’ll drive you home”

“Are you sure? My home might be far from yours”

“No, its fine! I insist”

“Well then if you say so”

Hanbin accompanied June inside his car. They even talked about a lot of things inside the car, and sang their favorite songs especially Love Scenario by iKON.

“Just go right there aaaaaaaaand yeah we’re here”

Hanbin was surprised. Their place is literally two blocks away from June’s

“This is your place?”

“Yeah is there anything wrong?”

“Nothing it’s just, our place is two blocks away from here. Do you know the guest house there? We are currently staying there”

“Really?! So does that mean I get to see you more often?” June asked but he realized it looked like it has a meaning. Well it really does have a meaning but why ask it?

“More often, Bulbasaur”

“Here we go again with that Bulbasaur! Can you explain me now why Bulbasaur?”

“Next time. It’s getting darker June, go inside now”

“Bye”

“Bye”

June and Hanbin bid goodbye to each other.

Hanbin was about to leave when he heard June’s phone ringing. Out of curiosity, he listened to the call.

“Hello? Nayeon?”

Hanbin’s heartbeat went fast. His eyes widen.

He accidentally played the music from the radio and panicked. It took him a while before he turned it off because he was out of his mind. When he turned his radio off, he again listened to June on the phone.

“….Bye, I love you”