Prologue

Tutor [HIATUS]

Monday morning at 6 o’clock, the day begins. My alarm echoes in the entire room and startles me as always. I immediately reaches for the off button to stop this torture that is called waking up early in the morning.

I slowly open my eyes to adjust at the lighting and let out a groan.
I get out of my bed to start my morning routine and get ready to go to hell, I mean, school.

When I go to the kitchen my parents and my older sister, Mina, are already preparing for breakfast.

I sit in my chair and stare at the plate in front of me. Hotcakes. You got to be kidding me.

“Hyejoo”

My mom’s voice gets me back to Earth and she’s looking directly at me.

“What” I said.

“Why you’re not eating your hotcakes?” My mom said.

“Are you seriously asking me that? Don’t get me wrong, I like hotcakes but I’ve been eating them every morning for the past week because they are Mina’s favorite, if I take one more bite I’m really throwing them up”

“Don’t be like that Hyejoo, your sister is leaving today to attend that famous ballet school in Japan that she loves, so let me spoil her just a bit before she goes”

Tsk. Just a bit. You’ve been spoiling Mina all her life.

I finish my breakfast and go to my room upstairs to get ready to go, usually my dad takes me to school but today he will take Mina to the airport so I’m going with my mom.

While i’m getting ready for school someone opens my door. It’s Mina.

“Can I?” She said.

I nod. She close the door and sits beside me.

“Hyejoo, can you promise me one thing?” She said.

“I think so?”

“Please, try to don’t get in troubles while I’m away, mom and dad are busy enough, don’t make them more stressed”

“Ok” It’s the only thing I can said.

I didn’t think about that, usually she's the one that my teachers talk with when I get punished in school for not doing my homework, sleep in the classroom or skip classes.

We used to live in Busan two years ago, and Mina always has been taking care of me since my parents get this new job in Seoul, they’re working all day so she is the one that picks me from school, she cooks for me or helps me with my homework.

As you can see I’m not the best student in the world, not because I can’t it’s more like I don’t want to. I don’t know what I’m going to do now. My parents are surely killing me.

They know that I don’t excel in school but they’re clueless about the other things.

“Hyejoo, Mina, it’s getting late!!!” My dad calls.

Mina hugs me, and start to cry.

“I’m going to miss you, take care” She said between sobs.

“Me too, I love you”

I go downstairs with Mina and help my father with the suitcases while Mina is saying goodbye to my mom. She’s crying too.

“We’ll miss you” I said.

My dad starts the car and drove away.

“Let’s go” My mom says.

Suddenly it’s raining, a drop falls on my face.

I already miss her.