l' une

Gone

 

"I told you that's the wrong key." Seulgi rolled her eyes as she rubbed her hand that was hit again by Mr. Bae.
 
He keeps scolding her about doing wrong things repeatedly and then it will eventually turned into a rant about how teenagers this days are hard-headed and tend do things that are irresponsible and againts the law and how they think it will make them look cool but it won't. It will only make them look like fools. 
 
Seulgi is used to this repeated situation whenever she made a mistake so whatever Mr.Bae is blubbering or ranting right now, it will only flow to her left ear to her right and she will even make face or mock whenever a rant triggered something inside of her. 
 
Mr.Bae deeply sighed. Seulgi thinks maybe the long rant tired him out, which she thinks she is right because Mr.Bae left him with a word, "Keep doing it until you make it right." then she was left alone. 
 
She stood up to look outside. "This house is too big for
a single man." Seulgi mumbled as she stare at the scenery in front of her. The sun was shining brightly that it makes the trees that's surrounds the Villa greener. The sounds coming from the Cicadas and the chirps of the birds make it look as if she was inside a paradise.
 
"All of this beautiful scenery for a one ol' grumpy man." She winced in pain as someone pulled her ear. She turned around and saw Mr.Bae fuming from anger. 
 
;
 
As soon as the words, "You're dismissed." left Mr.Bae's mouth, Seulgi rushed to the door, thinking that maybe she can make a rush to somewhere she had been dying to visit but was stopped when Mr.Kim, her Butler, blocked her way. 
 
"I think you're stepping on something, Butler Kim." She solemnly said as she stared at the ground.
 
"And what might that be, Ms.Kang?"
 
"My dreams." She heard him chuckle before she heard a very familiar sound that she knows that she will forever live with. Mr.Bae approached them and they bid their farewell but not after Seulgi saw someone unfamiliar yet ethereal that passed-by her. 
 
She keeps looking back as her Butler keeps telling her to move so they can go home and she can rest.
 
"Butler Kim, my parents want me to live normally, right?" with a confused look, her butler nodded. A sheepish grin was formed on her lips but before she can do something troublesome again, her Butler grabbed her shoulder, supported her head and pushed her inside the car.
 
That night, Seulgi finds herself unable to sleep just thinking about the girl she saw today.
 
"Damn it, Butler Kim, that damn ."
 
;
 
Her butler was looking at her weirdly as she suggested that they should be at Mr.Bae's house an hour early because she is a great student and she can't wait to learn more piano lessons. 
 
"I woke up early because my hands are itching to touch the piano keys." She said grinning cheekily to her butler who doesn't look amused at all.
 
Seulgi sniffed, as the embarassment seeped into her. "Let's go, Butler Kim. I have a piano lesson to attend to." Her ears were red as she passed-by her Butler who chuckled at her display of cuteness.
 
;
 
She arrived 30 minutes earlier before her lesson. She specifically choose to sat on the bench where the window was located, which earned a curious stare from her butler because whenever Seulgi arrive early she would rather sat inside the car with RedVelvet blasting on the stereo. 
 
Seulgi grinned at him until he gave up and decided to leave her alone. She was sitting idly, acting as if she was the kindest girl ever because her butler was glancing back at her whenever he made a step and when he's finally gone, she peeked at the hole between the window's curtain. 
 
She saw the girl from yesterday. She was sitting in front of the piano, tapping the keyboard, not forming any music. She was busy staring at her that she didn't noticed Mr.Bae inside the room. 
 
The girl suddenly stopped. Seulgi only noticed Mr.Bae when he threw something at her and left the room, shutting the door loudly. 
 
;
 
She entered the room silently. Tiptoeing (though not necessary) as she makes her way toward the girl. Her hand stopped half-way as she was supposed to tap the girl's shoulder when she noticed something.
 
"That's weird." She mumbled.
 
"Who's there?!" She was suprised by the sudden outburst from the girl but she keeps mum as she was busy staring at the mirror where the reflection of the girl can be seen. 
 
"I said who's there?!" Seulgi quietly held out her hand and waved it in front the face of the girl but there was no reaction. She remembered those times where she can hear some tap of the wood from the ceiling then Mr.Bae will instantly leave her for a minute and that's when the sounds would stop. 
 
It all makes sense now. 
 
"I– I have a cane to kill you!" 
 
She smiled at her cute attempt. She saw the small round things on the ground and chuckle. "Mr.Bae was angry because you were eating candies?" She asked which startled the girl. "Miwter Bwae, doesn't want little girly to have a toothache. Uwu." She said this using her irritating baby voice.
 
The girl tapped her cane on the floor loudly which causes Seulgi to apologize because Mr.Bae might hear and barge in immediately. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to suprised you and tease you."
 
"What are you doing here?" The girl calmly asked, though her brows are furrowed and she was holding her cane tight. Being someone who was raised by respectful family, Seulgi sat beside the girl without asking for permission. 
 
The candy jar caught Seulgi's sight. She glanced at the girl and then took one out. "If you want a candy, can you promise me one thing?" The girl's brow was raised at the sudden question. 
 
"If you wanted me to forget about the idea of killing you with this cane then no." 
 
"That's cute but that's not it." A blush crept on the girl's
face when the word cute slipped on Seulgi's mouth but the idiot was an idiot to notice. 
 
Seulgi was playing with the sweet on her fingers. "I want you to be my," She gulped as the word she was about say sounds too foreign to her. It had been a long time when she got one so she doesn't know how should she approach her.
 
"Friend." The word came out as a whisper. Seulgi's ears had turned red when she noticed that the girl wasn't answering her. She was about to leave, dig her grave from the embarassment when a soft hand grabbed her wrist. "Okay.
 
That day, her heart skipped.