Final

Evening Primrose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        The three rogue brothers met as strangers one faithful night years prior, all agreeing to create a pact between themselves fueled on the same energy that pushed them to hate the Red Force, but little did they know that the bond will also push themselves closer to each other; to be like brothers, or maybe even more.

          They made themselves known in the RF Government as CBX; a trio of power wielders who were dead set in overthrowing the corrupt regime of the Red Force. Everyone had turned a blind eye at first, thinking that they were just some mischief-makers who had nothing to do in their lives, but they were more than that. And in the two years that has passed, it was safe to say that they had done the most out of all the revolutionists out there. They had a bond like no other, but most importantly, they had each other.

And that’s exactly what the Red Force sought for to break them apart.

~~~

Minseok expected this to happen eventually, yet he didn’t realize for it to be so soon. Voices behind them were increasing in volume as the perpetrators closed in on them, horses braying as they sped up to catch the rogues. They managed to get a good head start courtesy of Baekhyun’s light blinding the majority of their group at their camp, but they couldn’t outrun galloping horses even if they tried.

“Just a little more!” The frost-wielder cried, “We’re near the hanging bridge!”

          But the guards were looming behind them, metal armor clanking against metal armor as their voices carried through the forest like restless ghosts inside a cemetery. Even if they were to reach the bridge, the guards would have cut off the two ropes keeping the overpass hanging, sending them down the crevice in an untimely death.

Unless…

          Minseok spun around just as he caught sight of the old wooden pegs that held the bridge upright, already feeling his fingertips frosting over as he willed the energy to exit his core. His heartbeat was thundering loudly in his ears as his thin white shirt clung to him like second skin, the rainfall and his long silver hair sticking on his forehead obscuring his vision a bit but not enough to muddle his aim completely. Taking a deep breath, he conjured an ice shard from thin air before hurling it at the first enemy that exits the forest, followed by another, then another.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter