fin

Melted Ice Cream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was such a perfect day for ice cream. Not really; every day was always perfect for ice cream for Heechul. His hot breath transformed the moment it touched the atmosphere. He lowered his head so that his face was half covered by the thick scarf he was wearing. People were walking so fast as if they were in a rush. Heechul chuckled, remembering his lover who was exactly like them—always busy. He glanced at his watch and sighed, "I hope the place isn't really crowded or else I'll be late."

 

 

 

A shop decorated with cute flowery complexities was slowly appearing. Heechul's heart started to thump. As he scanned the surroundings, he smiled because the place was almost empty. He pushed the door and a subtle ring was heard. The old lady Heechul knew so much immediately approached him.

 

 

 

"Why are you here? It's getting cold outside, you shouldn't be wandering around," the middle-aged lady said, words laced with worry, and enveloped Heechul in a tight hug. Heechul only smiled and replied the hug; it was comforting. He was lead to sit on a booth and the lady disappeared into her station. The brownish leaves were flown by the wind all over the place as he observed outside of the shop. It was getting colder this day; a signal that winter was nearing. He huffed, feeling annoyed because he suddenly remembered his lover had promised to take him to a vacation at the end of the year.

 

 

 

"Heechul, this is your order. The usual right?"

Heechul snapped at the voice and he saw the lady brought him a cup of ice cream. The cup was filled with chocolate and vanilla ice cream—just perfect, his and his lover's favorite. He immediately paid for it and dashed out of the place. The tears she had been holding broke after he had left.

 

 

 

The ice cream's coldness still seeped through Heechul's gloves. He shivered— from the chill of his ice cream and the wind, but more of the excitement. The park was pretty empty when he arrived. Good. His, nope, their usual bench was vacant. His smile stretched wider and he quickly sat on the brisk material.

"He should have been here by now."

 

 

 

Peal laughter coming from behind startled him. He turned around and saw a group of teenagers still in their uniform attire walking together. They seemed so happy and free. His mind wandered back to the day when he was still a high schooler. A simple smile adorned his face when he remembered how silly he was back then.

 

 

 

 

 

-

"Teukkie, give my ice cream back you thief!!" Heechul ran with all his might, chasing Leeteuk who had snatched his ice cream. The culprit hid behind a big tree and had to press his laugh.

"Teukkie, I know you're there. This is not funny! Come on! It's so hot I barely breathe!"

Leeteuk peeked his head from the branches and he finally came out. Heechul's face was so cute that Leeteuk couldn't hold the urge to pinch his cheek.

 

"Kiddo, pfftt... You're such a kid, Chullie. Here you go," Leeteuk teased as he handed the ice cream to the owner. Heechul quickly grabbed the cup and stomped his feet off, leaving Leeteuk, to sit on a bench. It was almost the end of summer but the weather that day was exceptionally hot; the ice cream was his rescue. Leeteuk sat beside him and he naturally leaned on the former's broad chest. Heechul scooped the ice cream and hummed happily when the frozen dessert melted instantly inside his mouth. He took another spoonful but Leeteuk quickly pulled his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter