Meet the Chous

Strays Up for Adoption

A/N

Ok everyone calm down your episode of WenHyo going downhill will come eventually XDD

And so...this is less of an adventure and more of a family gathering :"D

And does anyone remember ZhouToria lol that was like @2012 my guilty straight ship :"D

Hahaha enjoy this fluffy(?) piece of SaTzu!

Have a nice day ;D

.

.

.

.

.

"Annyeonghaseyo Taiwaan!!"

Tzuyu plugs her earphone inside her ears with a blank face when Sana yells loudly beside her. She could feel people around them eyeing them, either interested or cringing, but she ignores them all as she takes the Iota's hand and pulls her along. Sana simply laughs at that then unlink their hands only to wrap her arms around Tzuyu's.

"So this is Taiwan?"

"Tainan."

"But it's still in Taiwaaan!!"

Sana giggles when Tzuyu casts a bored glance at her. She's elated to be able to step at Tzuyu's hometown, and she's determined that the latter's overall dull response won't kill her spirit. The Iota clings happily to her taller partner as they walk through the seas of people in the airport, Tzuyu so chivalrously dragging their suitcase in her other hand. They bring only one big suitcase due to the quite short duration of the visit (and it's not like they need a lot of clothes anyway).

"So where are we going first?" Sana asks energetically, though it's just a few minutes since they hailed a cab. She notices the cab driver eyes her through the rearview mirror, probably being interested with her scent, but does nothing as Sana is literally glued to Tzuyu's side.

Tzuyu blinks as she takes out her phone, scrolling a little before she answers. "Hotel."

"Oohhh... we're not going to stay the night at your parents' house?"

"No."

"Ah, okay okay!"

They reach their destination not much longer than fifteen minutes later, with Sana expressing her awe to each and every thing she sees all the way from the airport to the hotel. She lets Tzuyu to take care of their luggage as per the Gamma's request. Sana secretly swoons as she knows that Tzuyu does that purely from her heart and not just her trying to appear gentlemanly.

After they checked in to the receptionist, Tzuyu leads Sana to the elevator with one of her arms circling her waist. The shorter of the two giggles, leaning against Tzuyu when the Gamma's chest rumble softly voicing her dislike. She catches some other visitors who linger their gaze on the Iota and she feels the need to protect Sana. The scent of strawberry emitted by Sana is already dampened greatly by the huge amount of concealer she wore earlier, but even then, any Alpha in near vicinity would still turn their head when they smell the alluring scent.

"Aahh! Bed!" Sana flops down to the king-sized bed immediately after they entered the hotel bedroom. She watches as Tzuyu sets their luggage aside, her mild OCD kicking in and the Gamma patiently rearranges their cluttered clothes. Giggling, Sana wraps her arms around Tzuyu's waist, resting her face on her shoulder blades and inhales the faint rainy scent joyfully.

"So what are we going to do today, Tzu?" nuzzling further into Tzuyu, Sana asks softly as Tzuyu keeps on arranging their clothes. She hums when Tzuyu takes her time to answer, pressing a kiss on her nape through her cascading black hair and rubs her hands on the flat plane of Tzuyu's stomach. She grins when Tzuyu pauses with a shiver, happy that her idea of distraction had worked. "Come on, don't ignore me. What are we going to do today, Tzutzu?"

This gets Tzuyu to turn, abandoning her work to look straight at Sana. Her empty gaze clashes with Sana's wishful one before she leans down to nuzzle Sana's neck. "Rest."

Sana nods. "Ah, okay. So we rest. But what would we have for dinner? Surely we'll have to get out?"

"Yes," Tzuyu looks up with a new twinkle in her eyes. "I know a good place near here. The food there is delicious."

"Ooh, I can't wait," Sana giggles and once again wraps her arms around Tzuyu, pulling her to fall back to the bed. Tzuyu wiggles a bit to search for a comfortable position as Sana her hair. "So tonight we're going to the place you like?"

"Yes."

"That's great! How about tomorrow? So breakfast will be at the hotel, right? How about lunch? Dinner?"

"Don't worry," Tzuyu closes her eyes, feeling content. It's already in her conscience to immediately cuddle once Sana holds her like this. She huffs when Sana giggles, making her headrest on Sana's chest vibrate. "We'll have lunch with my family."

Sana hums again. "Family as in your parents?"

"Yes. And my brother."

"I see," Sana nods. She closes her eyes when the fatigue of the trip catches up to her. But Tzuyu's additional weight is making breathing harder for her so she pushes the Gamma up, giggling when Tzuyu stares at her; mildly disappointed. "I'm gonna take a bath, you want to join?"

Tzuyu tilts her head, not quite catching her drift. "There's only one shower."

"Yeah, I know. But I suppose we can do some more... things than only showering," sending a flirtatious wiggle of her eyebrows to Tzuyu, Sana waits as the tall Taiwanese tries to digest her words. But even when Tzuyu shakes her head, still clueless, Sana simply smiles and leans in to place a brief kiss on Tzuyu's lips.

Tzuyu is still staring at Sana when she happily leaps down from the bed, snatching her towel and bathing utilities before she disappears into the bathroom. Being left behind, Tzuyu takes her time to rethink Sana's words and blinks when she realizes something.

"Oh. Okay. Still no."

.

.

.

Making Tzuyu love her is already a hard work for Sana. She knows that she's going there, slowly yet steadily, but sometimes she thinks that Tzuyu secretly despises her and wishes for her doom.

Today is a prime example of that.

So in Tzuyu's defense, she had asked Sana to bring her favorite dress to Taiwan. She even helped Sana in putting on light makeup and do her hair, patiently listening to the Iota fussing about whether she'll look pretty and presentable enough in front of the Gamma's family. Tzuyu gives Sana some small compliments and suggestions whenever the Iota asks her to.

Tzuyu looks like a Goddess already, so Sana is sure that her family would look as beautiful as her. She's a bit nervous if she'll look underwhelming with her white short-sleeved dress and golden necklace. The Gamma simply ignores Sana's complaints and tells her that her family is not as pretty as Sana's head makes them be.

It was a trap.

"So, you're Minatozaki Sana? Nice to meet you!"

"N-nice to meet you, too, miss..." Sana nods and smiles stiffly at the ethereal woman sitting on the car seat in front of her. Chou Victoria, Tzuyu's Omega sister-in-law, as in her brother's wife and this woman's visual alone almost blinds Sana. The fact that this woman is a legit model doesn't really help the Iota's self-esteem.

"Ziyu told us a lot about you," the man on the driver seat says after her wife, laughing a bit, surprising Sana who is as stiff as a statue.

He is Chou Zhoumi, Tzuyu's one and only older brother who is a regular Alpha. This man is the very definition of handsome Sana wonders how the heck does this family won all those genes lottery. The older Chou sibling had been so kindly fetched them from the hotel along with his little family.

Sana thought she would have been able to prepare her mental to face Tzuyu's family along the journey to their promised lunch spot, but Zhoumi's unannounced appearance in the hotel lobby had destroyed her entire planning.

As if noticing her nervousness, Zhoumi smiles at her through the rearview mirror, laughing again when the Iota grins awkwardly at him.

"Aw, come on, please relax," Zhoumi says as he smoothly rounds a corner. "We don't bite. And our parents love you already because all Ziyu tell us whenever she's home is literally you."

"O-oh, really?"

Zhoumi nods, giving Sana another smile when he sees the Iota blushing. "Yeah. Ziyu always tell us about her beautiful Iota friend. You know she even sent pictures of you! She's really fond of you, Sana."

Sana faintly hears Zhoumi chuckling when her face turns five shades redder. She casts a glance to Tzuyu then, who sits calmly beside her with a young little Alpha on her lap. Her heart soars when she thinks about what Zhoumi said. Tzuyu could be really adorable at times. She might be emotionless most of the time, but Sana knows that Tzuyu regards her as someone somewhat important in her life if she goes as far as gushing about her to her family.

Sana just hopes Tzuyu didn't send her nudes to her parents.

"Auntie Cana!"

The Iota stops her train of thought when a tiny voice calls her. She blinks, finding the little boy in Tzuyu's hold staring at her in awe. The 2-year-old boy is Zhoumi and Victoria's pup, named Henry, a young Alpha with his plump, fluffy cheeks he effortlessly melts Sana's heart with his cuteness. Henry smiles widely at her when she notices his call and waves his hand.

"Auntie Cana!" Henry calls again with his hand waving energetically, prompting Tzuyu to let go of him to allow the pup to crawl towards Sana.

Sana almost laughs when she catches Tzuyu's mild disappointment. The Gamma seems like she really loves the pup so Sana understands if Tzuyu is disappointed that Henry is more interested at her than at Tzuyu. Shaking her head, Sana picks Henry up, who laughs and immediately nuzzles to her embrace.

"You're so pwetty!" the boy says and smiles wider when Sana giggles.

"You're so handsome, too, Henry," Sana pats the pup's cheek softly. Henry claps happily at that and Sana can't help but hug the little pup tightly. "Aaaahhh you're so cute! Do you want to come with auntie to Korea? We can play a lot of things there!"

"Koyea!" Henry repeats Sana's word, tilting her head when the Iota squeals.

A chuckle could be heard from the front seats, prompting Sana to look up from the adorable creature hugging her. Zhoumi is laughing fondly while Victoria peeks from her seat to see her son being cradled by the younger female. The Omega reaches out her hand to caress her son's head, smiling when Henry notices the additional attention and wave at his mother.

"Henry seems to like you already," Victoria teases. Her eyes twinkle in delight when Henry paws Sana's dress collar and starts pulling the fabric playfully.

"I like him, too," Sana giggles, earning herself a small laugh from Victoria. She then blows a kiss on Henry's forehead when the boy fiddles with the bow on her neck. "He's so adorable."

Zhoumi chuckles again before he says, "Someone seems a bit jealous, though."

At first, Sana doesn't understand, but a glance to the sour-looking Gamma beside her is enough to make her laugh. Tzuyu blinks when she realizes that she's being watched and raises an eyebrow in confusion when Sana shakes her head. Rolling her eyes, Sana shifts closer to Tzuyu and sets the tiny pup across both their laps.

"If you want to cuddle with him, just say it to me, okay?"

Tzuyu nods before she runs her hand on Henry's small back. The light in her eyes returns the moment Henry climbs up her lap. Henry then points outside the window, animatedly telling Tzuyu about the cloud and the sun with the Gamma listening to him intently.

"It's kinda rare for Henry to warm up that fast to people," Victoria suddenly says, averting Sana's attention from the pup who is busy narrating the sky to Tzuyu. The Omega sends Sana a warm smile as she turns the radio on. "I guess, we've shown him so much photos of you he doesn't even feel awkward anymore."

"I agree. Sana is basically family already," Zhoumi butts in with a small laugh. He doesn't notice that Sana looks down with a blush, pressing herself closer to Tzuyu who instinctively loops her arm around the Iota's waist.

The journey thus continues with Henry's light voice filling the car. Victoria would chime in at times, responding to her son as she knows that Tzuyu would likely be just observing in silence. While Zhoumi just keeps on smiling listening to them conversing. Henry ends up clinging completely to Sana halfway to their destination as he says that, "Auntie Cana is softer."

Sana is sure that Henry means that her hug is more comfortable.

Still doesn't make Tzuyu less salty than before.

About thirty minutes later, Zhoumi drives his car into the yard of a modest house. He parked the car before pulling out his phone, smiling as he types a message. The man then turns to the four passengers inside his car. "Mom and Dad are waiting already. Let's go."

Victoria takes Henry from Sana's arms the moment they step down from the car. The little pup wails a bit because he had been separated from his new favorite aunt. It only lasts for a while, though, because he immediately latches to his mother once Victoria lets out her lavender fragrance.

The scent reminds Sana of Mina's loud Omega friend from before, though Victoria's is noticeably more calming and mature due to her status as a mother. Sana feels her chest warms up seeing Victoria cradling her son with Henry babbling lovingly at his mother. It makes her feel things; like wanting to have a pup of her own, in example.

Sana jolts a bit when she feels a hand catching hers. She looks up, blushing when she realizes that Tzuyu had gripped her hand as the Gamma leads her to her house. Tzuyu wastes no time to let Sana enjoy the interior of the modern yet comfortable house, instead pulling her straight to the backyard where her parents are waiting.

But Tzuyu stops right before the back door, turning to Sana which makes the latter blinks in befuddlement.

Tzuyu tilts her head, questioning. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

Sana squints her eyes when Tzuyu's question makes her even more confused. The Gamma nods when Sana looks at her with a skeptical gaze.

"Mom and Dad are nice."

It takes a few moments for Sana to fully comprehend Tzuyu's abstract speech. She giggles softly then, pulling her hand away from Tzuyu's hold to cup the Gamma's face and cradles her. Thinking that Zhoumi and his family are nowhere near, Sana leans up to place a kiss on Tzuyu's lips; a kiss that deepens a bit when Tzuyu automatically nips her lower lip.

"It's okay, Tzu. I'm fine. Just a bit nervous, I think," Sana says after they part. She pats Tzuyu's cheeks a few times when the Gamma doesn't seem to believe her immediately. "I believe your parents are nice. Your brother and sister-in-law are so nice, too. Don't worry about me."

Tzuyu stares at her still, trying to see any lies behind her eyes, and finally relents when Sana pecks her lips again. The Gamma takes Sana's hand in her own again and opens the back door.

"Ooh, there you are! Hello!"

Sitting around the round table on one corner of the wide backyard is a middle-aged couple. Zhoumi and his family are nowhere to be found. The woman with the beautiful features despite the crinkles at the corner of her eyes immediately stands up, approaching Sana and Tzuyu with a motherly smile. Tzuyu releases Sana's hand when the woman embraces her, wrapping her own arms around the woman's waist.

"It's been a while, Ziyu," she greets them and proceeds to place a kiss on Tzuyu's temple.

Tzuyu nods, face buried to the woman's shoulder. "Yes, Mom."

"I'm so happy to see you well," Mrs. Chou takes a step back to be able to see Tzuyu more clearly, raising her hand to caress the tall Gamma's face. She smiles even wider when Tzuyu nods again. She then turns to the figure behind Tzuyu, still with her smile present when she approaches the younger female. "And you must be Sana? Minatozaki Sana? Am I right?"

Sana bows politely. "Yes, I am, ma'am."

"Oh, please. Just call me 'Mom'," the woman giggles softly at Sana's flustered face. "Oh, my, the photos Ziyu sent us gave you no justice. You're even prettier in real life."

This makes Sana blushes even more, but Tzuyu suddenly butts in with that usual flat tone of her. "Sana-unnie is not only pretty."

"Oh? I believe she is more than that," Mrs. Chou laughs, sensing the slight irritation tainting Tzuyu's tone. She ignores her own daughter's stare as she takes Sana's hand, ushering her to the round table. "After all, she manages to put up with you for more than a year! She must have been one kind of a wonderful girl to be able to do that."

It's an extremely rare occasion that Chou Tzuyu feels irritated enough to scowl, but Sana is too busy being flustered by Mrs. Chou that she doesn't notice. The regular Omega woman pulls Sana to the seat right beside her own. She then glances to her husband, who looks like he's been waiting for his chance to talk to Sana. The man smiles warmly when the Iota bows at him and extends a hand for her to shake.

"Sana. It's such a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, no. The pleasure's all mine, sir."

The man smiles, seemingly pleased by Sana's attitude. "Ziyu had told us a lot about you, but we would like to know more. She said she met you back at high-school?"

"Yes," Sana nods, not once shedding the small smile she wears since she first seen this family. She might be nervous before, but this couple radiates nothing but warmth for her presence. If Tzuyu truly had told them about her, she's sure that they know about her status as an Iota and she's glad that they don't judge her based on that. "If I'm not wrong, it was only a few days since the third year started. I guess... she kind of found me back then when we first met."

"I see. So... tell us about yourself? Where do you live in Korea?"

"Oh, I live with my parents at..."

It feels so easy for Sana to fall into a comfortable conversation with the elder couple. She prides herself in being quite a talkative person, and it helps that Mr. and Mrs. Chou's acceptance of her boosts her confidence greatly. The two always give their attention to her, asking about things in a relaxed manner Sana doesn't feel like she's being interrogated. She enjoys talking with them, and it seems like they share the feeling, as they continuously praise her and smile at her with adoration apparent in their eyes.

Victoria returns some times later, bringing an assortment of food with Zhoumi tailing behind her. Sana doesn't notice since when did Henry in Tzuyu's hold, but she supposes she was too entertained with the chat with the elder Chous she doesn't notice the Gamma's absence.

Right before the lunch starts, Mrs. Chou boasts to Sana how she made the dishes on her own. Mr. Chou denies her a split-second after that, saying that she got help from their maid and that Victoria had put some final touches before they serve the food. Sana could only laugh, amused by Mrs. Chou who punches her husband playfully when Tzuyu speaks up.

"Sana-unnie bakes," she says as she takes a bowl of rice. "Delicious cookies."

Mrs. Chou immediately turns to Sana again. "Oh, really, Sana? You bake?"

"Yes, I am. I'm in culinary major and I have some baking classes as well."

"Well, we have to bake so cakes or cookies together one day or another," Victoria chimes in. She grins at Sana when the Iota agrees to her suggestion. "I like to bake, too! These two Chou siblings here their love cookies so much! You know, maybe we could make some in the future!"

"I would love to," Sana smiles and Victoria giggles.

"I'm sure Ziyu would like that, too," Zhoumi winks at his sister who only stares at him. "All seven of us. Probably with one or two more additions, how do you think?"

Zhoumi winks again, to Sana this time, and the Iota perfectly catches his meaning and blushes deeply. Tzuyu on the other hand only nods in acknowledgement and return to her food, Zhoumi's point flying pass her head. The older Chou shakes his head in disbelief over his sister's denseness and decides to just continue eating while feeding his son.

"Auntie Cuwi! Cuwi!" Henry reaches out to Tzuyu the moment he feels full. Zhoumi tries to stop his son from disturbing his aunt, but Henry is relentless and Tzuyu is more than happy to take the boy to her lap. Henry then pulls Sana's sleeve to try to turn her attention to him. His effort pays off, but before Sana could do anything, Tzuyu shifts so that Henry moves away from the Iota.

"Don't," Tzuyu says sternly as she stands to her feet. "Sana-unnie is eating."

"Henly wanna Auntie Cana!"

"No, Henry," the girl repeats with an even firmer sentence. Tzuyu walks away from her family to take Henry to one corner of the vast backyard. "You play with me for a while. Sana-unnie is eating."

Pissed, Henry starts to scream and cry, tiny fists throwing mean punches to Tzuyu's chest. The Gamma is clearly having trouble calming Henry as she repeatedly takes punches straight to her face. When Tzuyu groans in pain, Victoria rolls her eyes fondly then approach the two.

She takes her crying son from the younger female's arms, telling Henry something that soon makes the little Alpha stops crying. Only after Henry is completely silent does Victoria return to her family.

"Henry?" she calls her son and Henry pouts. "What did Mama tell you before?"

Henry still keeps his stubborn pout for a few seconds, but then Victoria pecks his head and he deflates. "Sowwy, auntie Cana. Henly won't do that again."

"Oh, it's okay," Sana giggles. She raises her hand to pat Henry's cheek, smiling in relief when the boy looks up with joy. "Auntie Cana forgives you. Just listen to Mama and go play with Auntie Cuwi for a while, ok?"

Henry visibly brightens when Sana forgives him. He nods then, before raising his arms to Tzuyu and let the Gamma lifts him from his mother. Henry gives Sana and Victoria a wave as Tzuyu brings him back to appreciate the flowers. But Victoria chooses to go with them after Zhoumi glances at her, leaving Sana alone with the other members of the Chou family.

Sana is truly impressed by how Zhoumi and Victoria raise their son.

"Ziyu really does care about you, doesn't she, Sana?"

Sana was about to eat the food left on her plate when she hears Mr. Chou addressing her. The man has his eyes to his only daughter, filled with love but with a tint of sadness reflected in those grey orbs. He sighs a bit, then turns to Sana to give her a grateful smile.

"When we first knew about Ziyu's rank," Mrs. Chou adds. "We were so afraid that she will be avoided by the society. She's our youngest, our only daughter, so it's so scary for us to think that she will be living her life forever as an outcast. We tried to involve her in every kind of activity, but her condition gets worse as time passes, and people who know about her rank as a Gamma would rather shun her."

Zhoumi puts his fork down just as his mother finishes talking. "Then we were told about the institution. At first, we were skeptical to send her there because she would be completely alone in Korea. However, the government themselves contacted us as every rank-examination results were delivered to them. We finally let Ziyu go because we believe that she might be able to find something for herself there. That she will find some friends and help."

"Is it true that the institution provides therapy for Ziyu?" Mrs. Chou asks softly. "They promised us that they will do that, but... you know how sometimes institutions like those only make up things to make their credibility go up. Though, it's all lies on the inside."

"Oh, yes, they do. I've attended some sessions to accompany Tzuyu. She's really improving right now," the small explanation Sana offers gives the three other people on the table satisfaction.

Mr. Chou nods, once again settles his attention to his daughter. Tzuyu is now crouching between the bushes as Henry watches Victoria making a flower crown for him. "We could see that. The Ziyu two years ago wouldn't bat an eye at anything unless it disturbs her. But now, she scolds Henry so you can eat in peace."

"We were right to send her there," the fond tone Mrs. Chou uses attracts Sana. The older woman takes Sana's hand between hers, grasping it with gratitude shining from her eyes. "She found friends. She found you. Thank you, Sana, for willing to become Ziyu's friend and more. Thank you for not giving up on her."

"Mom," Sana remembers what Mrs. Chou told her to call her as and she tries to use it. It rolls off nicely from her tongue, and Mrs. Chou seems surprised but happy, so she continues her speech with a sense of achievement. "I should have been the one saying thank you. Tzuyu found me, saved me, and all she had done for me worth more than what I've done for her. If... if I didn't meet Tzuyu, I don't know what would be of me, now."

The girl puts her other hand on top of Mrs. Chou's, flashing them her brightest and widest smile she ever has in her life.

"I'm so very glad that fate had let us found each other."

.

.

.

Zhoumi drops them back off at the hotel lobby exactly at five p.m. Victoria waves at them from the open window, with Henry on her lap, tearing up as he has to say goodbye to his two aunts. As a good brother, Zhoumi departs with a hug to his baby sister. He also puts some money to Tzuyu's open palm, sighing heavily as if he had been robbed despite Tzuyu actually saying nothing; only showing her palm to her brother.

Once Zhoumi's car disappears from their view, Sana giggles and loops her arms around Tzuyu's own.

"Your family is really nice! I would love to visit here again someday!"

Tzuyu simply nods at the Iota's exclamation. She leads the back to their own room, semi-listening semi-ignoring Sana who retells her conversation earlier with the elder Chous.

"Ah, by the way, Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu looks down.

Sana lifts her gaze to meet Tzuyu's. "Why are we staying in the hotel, actually? Your parents asked me that earlier but I can't answer."

"Your heat," Tzuyu misses no beat when she gives Sana an answer. "Will come tomorrow. Better alone."

It stuns Sana at the realization that Tzuyu had forgone the chance to spend the days with her parents only to take care of her in her heat. She blushes, deep, silently offering gratitude for this innocent Gamma's never-ending kindness as she leans up to peck Tzuyu's cheek.

"Thank you, you're so understanding."

"Yes."

"Yah! You don't have to answer so smugly at that!"

Sana pouts when Tzuyu ignores her completely. But the pout slowly changes into that of a mischievous grin, and she pulls Tzuyu to a halt before they reach their room.

"Say... Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu blinks. "Yes?"

"So... tomorrow's my heat. And about your brother's suggestion before..." Sana grins, feeling more and more amused by the way Tzuyu stares at her with an unreadable expression. "How about we make a family of our own? So we can add one or two more addition into the Chou family, hm? What do you say?"

Silence.

Then, a sigh.

Tzuyu retracts her arm away from Sana's hold and walks away on her own, leaving the Iota laughing hard in the middle of the hallway.

"Ahahahah I'm just kidding! I'm just kidding! Tzuyu you know I never–"

A door closed with a click.

"–oh my God, Chou! Yah! Chou Tzuyu you stop right there, yah! Hey, don't lock me outside like this, Tzuyu! Yah! Oh, you can't do this to me! Tzuyu! Tzuyuuuu!!! Chou Tzuyuuuu you little– open the damn door! Tzuyu!"

"Nah."

"TZUUUUUYYYYUUUUUUUU!!!"

 

 

Sidestory

Fin

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Me, realizing that SaTzu is having less and less tragedy: *heavy sweating* how should I torture Sana again *heavy sweating*

Btw, yes, Tzuyu's name is something like Ziyu in Taiwan (hence the nickname Chewy) so I use that name for her family

Cheers ;D