Captured

Across Two Seas

 


 

The contact initially sends Baekhyun reeling back, shocked by her bold movement. But Rei’s hands are firm against his face as she slowly slants more intimately against his own and kisses him like he’s a lost lover she has just reunited with after years without contact. In the distant part of his mind, he can feel the guard’s presence, stomping over to one of the cubicles to pee, but the sensation of on his is working wonders on his brain, for his hands unconsciously find purchase at her hips before suddenly tugging her against his body. 

 

The girl stifles a whine at the back of , making Baekhyun smile in mental victory as he slowly eases himself into the kiss. Their mouths dance, tongues finding each other amidst the silent chaos while their bodies seem to take on lives of their own, limbs twisting and grasping and tugging like vines finding their way around a bark tree. The young soldier can feel his heartbeat pounding through his chest. A fire burns in the pit of his stomach, desire shooting his blood down south while a troop of butterflies suddenly erupt through him. He wonders briefly whether Rei can feel it too. 

 

"Hey," a gruff voice behind them called out, "this is private property."

 

Rei softly pushed Baekhyun, disconnecting their lips with a pop as she looks over his shoulder to throw what she hopes is a sheepish smile at the guard.

 

"Sorry," her hands grasp the back of Baekhyun's hair softly, cradling his head against her neck before smirking, "We got a bit carried away."

 

The man grunts before walking out, casting them one last glance as the door shuts behind him. 

 

They stay frozen for a moment, breathing heavily into each other as they wait in a few beats of silence. When it seems like they haven't been busted yet, Rei's hold relaxes against Baekhyun's. 

 

Her eyes trail down before locking over his own maroon orbs. They blink at each other. 

 

That is, before realization floods into him. With a perplexed yelp, he suddenly wrenches himself away like she had burned him. He forces his gaze away, forces himself not to linger too much on the sweet taste she's left on her lips and the warmth of her skin imprinted on his fingertips. 

 

"Well, uhm--I guess we should go." His tongue darts out to the remaining of her own his lips, swallowing hard and forcing himself to dispel the memory of her body against his frame. He turns away abruptly, "let's go--"

 

The door suddenly slams open and they both jump back as another figure swoops in. A familiar face looks back at them, blinking. 

 

The young soldier instantly recognizes him as the shopkeeper's son. Kris. 

 

He blinked at them, confusion flickering across his features before embarrassment took over, "oh sorry, didn't mean to intrude--"

 

Rei doesn’t let him finish. She strode right up to him and grasped his shirt, "your father, the bake shop owner. He's looking for you."

 

Kris's face darkened, "I have no idea--"

 

"If you wanna know whether he's alive or not you better follow us and shut up." Rei cut him off with a hiss. Without waiting, she walked out of the bathroom, leaving both men to stare at each other. 

 

"Wh-What does she mean--" Kris stuttered, but Baekhyun gripped onto the young soldier's shirt and tugged him along, ignoring his protests while he moved smoothly against the shadows and quietly slipped through an opening found by the young pirate. 

 

It wasn't until the trio had stumbled outside that Kris whirled around with a mixture of confusion and anger swimming in his light brown orbs. He went to grab onto Rei's shoulders, but Baekhyun stepped in front of her figure, blocking the soldier’s attack. 

 

“Where is my father?” Kris spits fiercely, fire alighting in his dark brown orbs totally unlike his father, “What did you do to him? They told me they’d leave me alone if I came to this meeting--”


“Woah now handsome, you need to calm down.” Rei pushes Baekhyun to the side, not really enjoying being the damsel in distress. She sends him a look full of warning, before stepping forward and looking at Kris squarely in the eye. If she is intimidated by his tall height, she is a master at hiding it. 


“Now, your father is fine. He’s safe, as promised.” Rei says, crossing her arms, “He’s on the way to another town nearby. One small enough that there won’t be any suspicions about a stranger visiting at this period in the year. But if you want to see him, you might want to start riding now.” 

 

The tall soldier is looking at her as if she has grown five heads. His eyes are wide and they flit from Rei’s face to find confirmation in Baekhyun’s, and when the latter nods, something like determination swims in his irises. 

 

“How do you know this?” Suspicion lines the undertone of his alto, “who are you?”
“If you’re smart, you’ll realize we’re on your side. Who we are isn’t important right now. We’re the ones who spared your life, and--” 


An arrow zooms right past Rei’s left cheek, interrupting her in mid-sentence as it hits the brick wall behind her. It takes her a second to react, but when she does, it’s enough to escape the sudden rain of arrows suddenly pelting down on them like meteorites. Baekhyun cries for cover and the two individuals follow the young soldier as they dash down the darkened streets. He can’t see anything but shadows and darkness, which isn’t being helpful in such a situation. He can see, at the very corner of his eye, Rei holding on to her shoulder and grits his teeth in part annoyance. He’s told her not to get hurt, but he knows that’s not a promise she can keep. The worst is the feeling of guilt that swells within him at the thought of seeing her hurt. He can’t help but feel remorse, as if he’s failed as a soldier. It’s in his bones to protect people, no matter what.

They duck behind a nearby alleyway narrow enough that it hinders their movements. Sticking close to the wall, they inch into the darkness and hear the distant shouting of men and horses galloping down the streets in their search. Baekhyun holds his breath as they pass by, relief flooding him when the sound slowly dissipates. 

 

He feels a hand grasping on his arm. Warmth seeps through his skin as Rei murmurs, “We need to get out of here.” 

“Easy for you to say, Einstein.” 

He can only imagine her scowl in the depth of darkness, cracking a grin himself when she hisses, “Do you always have to be a smartass?” 


More cries are heard from the other side of the alley and they both still. Baekhyun can hear the roaring sound of his own heart beating like a drum through his ears, squeezing his eyes shut and mumbling a soft prayer as the horde of men gallop by without as much as a glance in their direction.

 

He notices that Rei’s fingers are still imprinted on his arm, and makes a grab for it before slowly inching his way out of the narrow space between the two building walls. Poking his head out, he takes a glance right and left, double-check the perimeter once more before dashing towards the harbour with the two individuals behind him in tow. 

 

It’s only when the boat is safe from the City Bathed in Sunshine that the young soldier finally feels the relief wash through him. He turns, only to catch the growing confusion that seems to have been permanently etched on Kris’s face. His eyes are on the city when he asks, “Where is my father?” 


“Your father is in the City Made of Pebbles. There isn’t much there, it’s a small town so he won’t be attacked if he lays low and doesn’t do anything stupid,” Rei states before Baekhyun can say it in a gentler tone. It is clear that her statement hasn’t reassured Kris, for his furrowed eyebrows seem to deepen even more.


“Where are we going?” Kris’s dark pupils flick towards the ocean. Baekhyun has to applaud his sense of self-control. He would’ve already started showing signs of panic by now, if two random strangers had suddenly kidnapped him. 

 

“We’re going to the East Coast ship. My Captain is known as Leroy. You might have heard of him.” Rei pulls the paddle with a grunt, Baekhyun doing the same on the other side to match her rhythm. 

 

“Pirates?” Kris’s voice is tinged with horror, “You’re kidnapping me?” 

“No no,” Baekhyun cuts in, “We’re not here to hurt you, trust me. I’ve lived with them for weeks and I’m still alive.” 

“You’re a traitor.” Kris hisses. 

Baekhyun can’t help but wince. Kris’s words hit a little too close to home, but before he can say anything in protest, Rei’s voice blurts out, “He’s as much of a traitor as you are. You decided to follow the Assassin’s orders, which automatically makes you a betrayer to the Royal Crown and Kingdom of Saphirica.” 

 

Kris opens his mouth, only to realize that the young woman paddling them forward is right. He shuts his mouth instead, looking away while his jaw tightens. Baekhyun knows exactly what the young soldier is going through, he had had to grieve through the stages and come to terms with the fact that nothing will ever be the same again. And while he did have the pirates to distract him from the sorrowful reality in which he lives in, he’d be lying to himself to say that it hadn’t consumed his entire being throughout the first few days of being aboard.

 

“And why are you here?” Kris asks, body slumping as if all the weight of the world has suddenly collapsed on his shoulders. But at least he’s not looking for a fight or trying to swim away, Baekhyun thinks to himself as he takes his time to formulate a good answer.

 

“I was sent on a secret mission to find the Assassin. Rei found me and kidnapped me in exchange for ransom, but soon realized it was useless when I told her the Palace didn’t do no such thing as ransoms.” The smaller soldier shrugs, “So yeah, here I am.” 

“And she let you live?” In the dark, Kris’s angular features were even more prominent, causing his face to look more fierce than it is actually. 

 

Baekhyun makes a mental note not to pick a fight with this guy. He looks like he might be good on the field, definitely unlike himself.

 

“It hasn’t been too bad. It would have been worse, to be honest. They could starve me to death or have me fed to the sharks. Which they didn’t. So I’m grateful for that.” 

“So you’re now a pirate?” 

“I wouldn’t call myself so, but in a sense.” 

“So you’re a pirate.”

“Sure, whatever you say.” 

 

Kris’s eyes dart from Baekhyun’s face to Rei’s as they row the boat forward, the water gliding them along and bobbing them onto the waves, “I don’t want to be a pirate.” Kris’s voice hitched with fear, “Pirates are bastards and stealers. They don’t do for the society and only know how to gamble their fortune away.” 

 

“I don’t know what pirates you’ve known, but boy are you wrong.” Rei mumbles loud enough for the tall soldier to hear. 

 

“Look, you don’t have to stay with us, but for now we’re kind of your safest bet. So stop whining like a baby and actually help us get to the ship.” Baekhyun snaps, and with a soft grumble from the said individual, the latter proceeds to grab the extra paddle and starts rowing through the water through the darkness of the night. 

 

 


 

“So are we going to talk?” 

 

Rei’s head lifts from her task, only to squint at the figure standing against the sunlight. Putting a hand up to shield her face, she catches sight of Baekhyun’s features, eyes serious and void of its usual brightness.

 

She releases her grip on her hammer, pausing in mid-sharpening of her weapon. She hopes there’s a good reason for him to be interrupting her during what she names to be her ‘meditation time’, for if it had been any other pirate, his head would’ve already been pinned against a pole by now.

 

“Talk about what?” She prompts when he clearly doesn’t. 

 

The said young man shifts from one foot to the other for a long bout of silence, until Rei starts to get annoyed and snaps, “Are you gonna talk or just stand there all day like an idiot?” 

 

“That--” he swallows, nervousness is written all over him. His fists, she notices, are bunched at his sides and Rei forces not to wriggle into a smile. “That--kiss that we had. Are we--Are we not going to talk about it?” 

 

She blinks at him for a few seconds. He blinks back. They both stare.

 

And then she bursts out laughing. 

 

Baekhyun’s jaw drops open when he can only look at her with a dumbfounded expression on his face, “What’s--” He feels the heat flush through the back of his neck, “What’s so funny?!” 

 

“You--” Rei is choking, trying to force the laughter down only to explode in another fit of giggles as she catches sight of his befuddled expression. Anger flares up through the said young soldier as the woman catches her breathe, “You-- You’re so funny.”

 

Baekhyun is practically boiling with heat. The one thing that he loathes is people making fun of him, and the young woman before him is doing exactly just that. 

“Whatever.” He snaps, having had enough of her and her annoying way of infuriating him. She gets under his skin like no one else can and he wonders why he even lets her in the first place, “I knew it would be futile. You never listen.” 


“Hey, okay okay.” Rei quickly chokes back another round of chuckles rising, biting her lip in order to restrain herself, “I’ll stop. What did you want to talk about?” 


“Well, the kiss, I--” Baekhyun suddenly turns into a flustered mess, unsure of what to say and what to do now that they’ve clearly breached a boundary, “I don’t expect--”

“That was out of convenience and pure coincidence.” Rei responds before he can say anything else. Her eyes have gone hard. Opaque maroon orbs. “I had no other intentions other than try to save our butts.“

 

Baekhyun swallows. Of course, it’s stupid of him to assume anything else, anything better. He should’ve known it would’ve ended up like this. It isn’t like it’s a surprise. “I understand.” 


“Why Baekhyun,” Her pupils are dancing with amusement, a playful smile tugging at her lips and making her look like a cat playing with its prey before devouring it, “Were you expecting something else maybe?” 

He blinks, “What? No.” He swivels on his heel to walk away, when her voice follows.

“You totally were, weren’t you?” 

 

Irritated, the young soldier whips around, “Not everyone is like you.” he suddenly spits, his stone cold face full of anger taking her by surprise. Rei can’t help but flinch, “Not everything is a joke or a game. Life doesn’t work that way, and I feel sorry for you, if that’s how you think you should be living.” 

 

He walks away from her, still gobsmacked by his words carrying forth and rolling through her like small knife stabs wherever it hurts the most. Rei blinks at his retreating figure, wincing slightly when she hears him slamming the door in his wake. She doesn’t, for the life of her, understand why he must be so angry. Where had all this emotion suddenly come from? For as long as she’s known Baekhyun, she has deciphered him as an individual with good values, no matter how horrible the situation, no matter what logic stated. He isn’t the kind of man to snap so quickly nor is he ill-tempered. On the contrary, Baekhyun is so easy-going and so fun to tease that she always feels like laughing around his presence. 

 

But maybe...maybe that had been too much? Maybe that had been the last straw that had made him snap. 

 

Rei slowly lowers her hammer in her lap before looking up at the sky. As her gaze follows the seagulls flying through the sky, guilt slowly eats away at her consciousness. She hadn’t meant to hurt his feelings. She hadn’t meant to make fun of his seriousness. But the way he had looked at her, the way the pain etched on his features makes Rei wonder whether his reaction is no more than a trigger than a past he wished he hadn’t left behind.

 

Or maybe he’s right. Maybe she should be a little more considerate towards others feelings. Although, she scoffs to herself, he doesn’t have to take it so personally now, does he? 

 

Ah whatever the heck. She kicks at the ground out of impulse and instantly regrets it when a jolt of pain zaps through her leg. She curses under her breath and wishes that Byun Baekhyun didn’t make her think so much and too long about stuff she really does not want to think about.


 

 



 

“And why should I help you?” Kris slams both his palms on the table top and anger is seeping right through him, turning his entire face a beetroot red.

 

Leroy takes a sip of his wine, casually twirling it around in his glass as he looks at him with a casual, yet amused expression, “I could make you a mop boy, or errand boy, if you wish.”

“I want to see my father.” Kris responds fiercely, “How do I know you’re not lying to me?” 

“Like I told you, Baekhyun here--” He points at the said young man who is busy sulking in his chair at the moment, “has found out about the Assassin threatening you with your father’s life. Your father was the one who gave him the clue about the Assassin’s whereabouts, otherwise he wouldn’t have been there to save your , and you wouldn’t have been here.”

 

Kris’s features soften momentarily at the mention of his father. He turns towards Baekhyun, “Is that true?” 

“If it wasn’t, then you wouldn’t be here.” Baekhyun forces himself not to roll his eyes. He already lost count of the amount of times the tall soldier had asked the question.

 

The lanky man is silent for a long moment, pondering over his words and eyes gauging the people in the room. He lingers for a moment longer on Rei’s frame, before frowning a little upon noticing that Jongdae is wearing the Assassin’s trademark uniform.

“And what’s he doing here?” He points at the said individual in question, who can only sigh as if he’s done with the world.

“I got kidnapped.” Jongdae replies shortly. 

“I thought the people working for the Assassin were professionals.” 

Jongdae shoots him a look through narrowed eyes, and Kris decides that it’s best not to look for a fight with someone who’s obviously trained with a murderer. He turns back towards Leroy, “So, when can I go back to my father?” 

 

“All in good time, right Kris?” Leroy drawls, leaning forward as he sets his glass on the table, “Tell me what you know. About the Assassin.” 

Kris’s brow shoots upward.

“Come on. What did they say during the meeting? You should have some idea of his plans, right?”
“Well,” Kris swallows. Rei wants to scoff. He’s supposed to be a soldier and yet lacks greatly in not only the social skills department, but his immaturity and childishness is so brashly exposed that it’s hard for her to imagine him being active in a battlefield. It makes impulsively drift towards Baekhyun’s figure, who is set intently upon listening to Kris’s words with a concentration that she finds quite endearing. 

 

Unlike Kris, Baekhyun is very much the sort of man that wants to do well. With moves as graceful as a feline and a way of upholding himself that almost mimics that of a royalty, he can decipher the difference between being diplomatic and when to be just a regular man. With a maturity fit for someone responsible for innocent lives, he is disciplined and knows what is best for the greater good. Most importantly, he has morals and values, where it counts, and he was, she had to admit, quite a catch. She had noticed the glances and the flirty gazes amongst the women whom they’ve walked past, had seen the whispering and the girly nudges, heard them giggling while gazing at his side profile. 

 

Yes, Baekhyun is attractive. She’ll give him that.

 

“Rei?” 

 

The said girl blinks back to focus, only to realize that numerous eyes are staring her down, expectantly waiting.

 

“Uh.” feels dry. Embarrassment colors the back of her neck, “Sorry. I wasn’t listening.”

 

She can feel the disapproval from Leroy without having to look at him, and tries acting casual about it as she asks for someone to go over from the top.

 

Chanyeol is kind enough to summarize, “Apparently the Assassin wants to train the people he just gathered so that they will know how to fight well enough to make an ambush. His goal is to take over the Kingdom on the night of the Luna ball.” 

“Luna ball?” 

“Yeah. It happens every year when the moon is at its highest peak in the sky. The Saphirica Kingdom is greatly tied to stones and their magical properties. They say that people tend to reach out to the spirits of the afterlife or even try to wield magic during that time period.” 

 

A shiver runs down her spine at the thought of talking to her dead family. No thanks, she thinks to herself, “So? What’s the plan then? Ambush them before they get to Saphirica?” 

 

“That would be ideal, yes.” Leroy says.

 

“Great, so let’s start organizing--” 

 

A sudden shout is heard from outside, and before Baekhyun can react he hears another cry of pain before something explodes. It throws them all off their feet and as he falls to the ground, he feels Rei rush past him, braid flying behind her. 

 

He quickly scrambles to his feet to join her on the deck, only to halt to a stop behind her figure. The deck is half destroyed, now reduced to a gaping hole that gave way to the stockrooms below. All around them, the crew was fighting against enemies decked in all black, but it was obvious that they were outnumbered and losing at a rapidly fast rate. 

 

It takes the young soldier a few seconds to jump into action, but when he does, it’s when someone makes a stab at him. Baekhyun jumps away just in time to avoid the knife that grazes his clothing. Gritting his teeth against his attacker, he realizes he’s seen that type of outfit before, and his stomach churns. 

 

The Assassin has found them. 

 

Baekhyun dodges another one of his attacker's jab, twisting around to grab the latter's arm before violently pulling him close and throwing his knee right into the man's gut. The enemy grunts in pain, slightly thrown off balance. Baekhyun takes his chance to punch him across the jaw before driving his elbow right into the man's back. 

 

As one falls, the next comes bounding over and no sooner has he started fighting that he realizes with a deepening sense of fear that they are way too outnumbered and that it won't be long until he can't fight anymore. 

 

A kick hits him right in the back of his knee and with a surprised yelp, he falls to the ground. His arm whips out to block the kick aimed at his face. Gritting his teeth, Baekhyun grabs onto said leg, pulling the enemy down before sending a kick of his own and feels the bones of the man's face crush under his force.

 

Someone else twists him away, before punching him right in the face and practically knocking all his teeth together. The pain sparks fireworks behind Baekhyun's eyelids and he jolts away instinctively when his eyes start watering. But his enemy has no mercy, for they make another grab at his hair and smash their fist on the other side of his face. Baekhyun feebly tries punching only to swipe at thin air, before another kick in his gut causes him to double over. 

 

He forces himself to stand up against the dizzying sensation of pain running through his limbs, tries not to focus on the need to vomit as he staggers forward, but darkness rushes in as soon as he straightens, practically engulfing him into total darkness. 

 

He can only remember his name being screamed out numerous times before he finally gives away and falls into the deep abyss of unconsciousness.

 

 



 

When Baekhyun finally surfaces to reality, it takes him a couple of seconds to realize that he isn't on the ship, safely tucked away in his room. Instead, the first thing he notices are prison bars in the damp darkness that lets in only slithers of light enough for him to be able to make out the outline and shapes of objects. 

 

He tries to straighten up into a sitting position that's a mistake, for his body screams at him in protest. His jaw is aching, the side where he's gotten punched is throbbing, so close to his eye that he grimaces at the thought of the newly blossoming bruise that isn't going to go away so soon. Hand reaching down to palm his abdomen, he hopes that he doesn't have a broken rib. As long as he isn't moved about too much, it shouldn't be a problem for it to heal by itself. It will take a few weeks, maybe months at most. A sigh escapes his lips at the thought, before he gently turns his head back and forth to analyze his surroundings. 

 

There isn't anything much to see really. The only source of light is coming from the hallway outside his cell. He can only guess that he's been taken prisoner by the Assassin. His heart lurches upon remembering what had happened on the ship. Did the crew make it out okay? Are they all still alive? Maybe they've been captured and kept prisoner, just like him. 

 

Suddenly, he hears a shift in the dark beside him, and tenses. "Hello?" He murmurs, throat dry and scratchy. 

 

Something moves again. Then silence. Before a voice emerges, "Baek...Hyun?"

 

Baekhyun frowns, "Jongdae?" Forcing his eyes to squint through the dark, he can barely make the outline of the said young man's form crumpled up in the opposite corner of the cell.

 

"So they dumped you in here with me," Jongdae lets out a laugh, but it sounds empty and hollow. As if tinged with an eternal sadness, "we're lucky if we make it out alive."

Baekhyun's thoughts race with concern for the rest of the crew, heart practically pounding through his chest, "what about the rest of them? How are they? Did they take them too?"

 

A chuckle was heard from the dark haired man, "Probably not. They got what they needed."

"What do you mean?" 

"They wanted us, Baekhyun." Jongdae's alto is filled with a bitterness that makes the said individual press his lips together, "They wanted you and Kris, because you guys are Royal Soldiers. They probably want me back just to kill me."

 

Panic rises at the back of the young soldier's throat, but he forces it down with a swallow. Instead, he glances around for signs of the tall lanky man. "Have you seen Kris?"

"They came to take him earlier, before I was knocked out again." 

"What about the rest of the crew? Did you see what happened them?" And what about Rei comes as an afterthought prominent enough to get under Baekhyun's skin. But he brushes it off before he can delve into the sudden memory of her lips on his. 

 

"I honestly don't know, Baekhyun." Jongdae replies in a soft murmur. 

 

That makes Baekhyun's heart clench a little harder with worry. Nevermind that they've been taken prisoners. They still had a chance to escape, but if the Assassin has killed off the whole crew--

 

No. 

 

Baekhyun stops himself from going any further. He would not believe that the East Coast pirates would give up so soon. They're everything but cowards, and while they might be a bunch of idiots, they knew how to act as a team and wield their weapons as if it forms part of their bodies. 

 

And Rei and Leroy are skilled, intelligent and quick to act. They would've found a solution to all this madness. Defeat does not seem to suit Leroy's vocabulary. 

 

"We need to get out of here." Baekhyun forces his legs up, but the familiar ache comes rushing back and he quickly settles back down upon realizing it will do him no good to fight when his body needs to recover. 

 

From the other side of the cell, Jongdae is heard sighing, "that's...not going to be easy."

"Well we can't just stay here and do nothing." 

"You don't know what he's capable of, Baekhyun. Trust me, you want to be cautious around here."

 

As if on cue, the door opens with a screech and Baekhyun whips his head around to see a shadow step in with a lamp, lighting up its hooded figure without giving away his identity. Two other guards stand outside the cell with their backs to him, and his jaw clenches in annoyance and pent up frustration.

"Ah, I see you have awoken." The stranger says in a silky, melodious voice that sends sparks of nervousness dancing along Baekhyun's back. Goosebumps raise the hairs along his arms, body stiffening at his approach.

 

"Where is Kris? Where did you take him?" Baekhyun lashes out with courage, albeit the fact that his heart is currently beating a mile an hour. If the Assassin decides to kill him there and then, there will be no one to stop him. 

 

But the Assassin merely holds up a hand, as if brushing away Baekhyun's concerns before he smirks, "your friend is in good hands. I assure you, he hasn't been harmed more than he should've." Then, lifting the lamp up to closely inspect the soldier's features, his smirk deepens, "unfortunately I can't say the same for you. They did make a horrible mess of your face." 

 

Baekhyun jolts out of the man’s reach, wanting nothing more than to throw back that candlelight in his face and watch the flames burn him to ashes. 

 

“Resisting me won’t do you any good,” The Assassin straightens up, a ghost of a smirk curving his lips up before he hisses, “Baekhyun.” 

The said man feels like he’s just been slapped into reality. He can only stare at the man before him, the man without a face to his so-called name, and wonders how hurt he must be to be acting this way. Suddenly, a rush of pity fills the soldier’s body. How badly could that man standing before him be hurt for him to act with such venom and take pleasure in harming others in the most menacing ways?

 

“Take him up to the training grounds. You’ll be given training with the rest of the assassin members.” The man’s arm suddenly grabs onto Baekhyun’s shirt before pulling him forward, so close he can feel the chill of his breath, “One wrong move, and your little friend dies.” 


“He’s your comrade,” Baekhyun grits his teeth, his words layered with venom as his eyes flashed dangerously, “You swore a blood oath.” 


“And he’s not worthy of it anymore.” The Assassin straightens up before shoving the said young soldier to the ground. The latter falls right on his , a jolt of pain causing him to hiss as he glares up at the Assassin with a promise of murder flashing through his brown orbs. He let the two guards take him away, but not before turning to Jongdae’s figure in the darkness, murmuring a soft, “I’ll come back for you. I promise.” 

 

Even if Baekhyun wasn’t sure that was a promise he could keep.

 


 

 

Aaaand here is chapter 7! What do you think is going to happen to Baekhyun and Jongdae? What about Rei, Leroy and the others? Do you think they got captured or did something happen? 

Comment your thoughts down below! As always, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this one :,) is going down. 

love, 

-nutmeggu 

 

P.S: Harry Potter and Fantastic beasts fans, don't forget to check out my latest fic on WATTPAD featuring Theseus Scamander: 

Kaleidocope | Theseus Scamander x oc (CLICK!)