sol & luna

sol & luna

Sana is like the sun, Tzuyu thinks.

The obvious comparison is in Sana’s hair color, buttery yellow and light. Tzuyu loves her long hair, loves how different it is from her own, loves seeing how her girlfriend styles it or changes it on a daily basis. She had never been one to care much about hair accessories or things like that— in fact, she was one of the disciplinary committee who had often been telling other girls at school to take them out. Even now, she would never wear them at school.

But ever since Sana, Tzuyu had found herself absentmindedly thinking of ways to trail ribbons through her hair, where she could clip in flowers and other things, just to make Sana smile. Unlike her fairly cool exterior, Sana was someone who liked things like that— moreso, she liked the effort put in. And Tzuyu certainly didn’t object to the long ribbons or headbands that her girlfriend loved to wear in her warm, sunny, summery hair.

Aside from that, though, Sana’s sunniness comes across in more subtle ways. Ways that, Tzuyu thinks to herself with a smile, no one else could possibly know.

The warmth in her smile. The heat as Tzuyu leans forward to capture Sana’s lips, a whim that became a habit that became a reflex.

Tzuyu remembers being so scared at first, to take that step, but Sana had taken her hand, and let her know that it was okay. That feeling of Sana’s warm hand in hers has become so familiar that without it she feels cold, even with the sunlight streaming down her back. She would have never thought herself to be so inappropriate to hold hands in class, but Sana had changed all that.

Sana had changed a lot in her.

Like the sunlight pouring over winter snow, Tzuyu had felt herself begin to melt, melt, melt. Even when she only knew Sana from afar, she had grown weak, letting smiles slip out as she watched aSHE perform.

Jihyo, being Jihyo, had noticed, and endlessly. Even as she denied everything, claiming that her smile had been because of the band’s general improvement, Jihyo was unshakeable, and, unfortunately, a er for a good love story. After that incident, Tzuyu found herself pushed closer to Sana, at a frequent rate.

But, as it turned out, she didn’t really mind, and neither did Sana. After their series of arguments in their so-called ‘first date’ followed by a kiss and a confession, they found themselves dating, and Tzuyu discovered herself to be as cold as early spring— that is, to say, most nearly thawed.

In some ways, she was the same Tzuyu she had always been. Serious, determined, devoted. But there were moments, ones becoming more frequent, where she caught herself looking at herself, her actions, her thoughts, even, and was shocked at who she was.

Opening up to Sana, while not her first step, was a big one. But her girlfriend understood more than she had thought possible, and at the end of it, Tzuyu felt a weight off her chest. That had been the first time that she had realized that her sunny girlfriend had been much more frosty, once, before she had been close enough to realize or understand.

It was then that Tzuyu understood that aSHe was, in some senses, just as serious for its members as RO5E was for its.

It had been Sana’s laidback and playful attitude that had drawn Tzuyu to her at first, but she hadn’t quite realized that aSHE was just as serious as RO5E was, until the moment she realized Sana can be serious and devout at times and how Sana told her about how everyone in aSHE help each other out.

It’s a thought that strikes Tzuyu still, as she sits in the student council room. The work for the day was finished, with Mina and Dahyun already on their ways home. She had told Dahyun to go ahead without her. If asked, Tzuyu would say that she had been cleaning up the room before heading home, but, the unvocalized truth would be that she was waiting for her girlfriend.

Of course, there was no guarantee that Sana would wait around for her, but it was a day without aSHE’s practice, and sometimes, Sana stuck around so they could be near each other a bit longer.

As if on cue, Sana pokes her head into the room. “Ah, so you’re done already.” She walks into the room, greeting Tzuyu. “I would have come earlier, but I thought it would take a bit longer.”

Tzuyu rises as she enters, beaming. “You’re just in time.”

A mysterious smile plays on Sana’s lips, the one she wears when she knows Tzuyu is being a goofy romantic, but doesn’t want the moment to end. “Let’s go, shall we?” She asks, extending her hand.

Tzuyu takes it, and feels that familiar, comforting, lovely warmth. Sana is the sun indeed, and the thought warms her as they walk. It burns her up on the inside, forcing her to speak it, no matter how cheesy or embarrassing.

“Have I ever told you that you’re like the sun?” Tzuyu asks, looking at the sunset ahead.

Sana giggles. Tzuyu feels the other girl press into her side, relishes the warmth. “That just makes sense, Tzuyu-chan— after all, every sun needs its moon.”

“Well,” She squeezes Sana’s hand, “I’ve been revolving around you for quite a bit, now.”