And new flowers arrive

White and yellow daffodils | Gardens II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi. Sorry for the long wait, Jia already started posting the fic for my birthday while I'm just posting hers.

Well at least it isn't the 12th of June. Enjoy.

Some warnings: male pregnancy, male lactation and extreme fluff with uuh little plot. 

White and yellow daffodils | two gardens

It’s at times like these that Tao is most grateful that Kris expanded his company for him with more people. It meant they could actually go on dates when Tao could get Kris off his work and that he didn’t need to feel guilty about not working. It also meant that Tao could spend more time with his now close friends, especially when the alphas are all gone.

Baekhyun returns from putting Chanwoo and Chaeyoung to bed at the same time as Jongdae comes down. “Still amazed by how you are able to put two of them in bed while I can only handle Minjun in the same time,” Jongdae says with a huff of a laugh and the two sit down next to Tao.

“You know how it is,” Baekhyun starts, “Chanwoo is the oldest of the kids and he’s able to help Chaeyoung do what she needs to do before bed, so I’m mostly just here to make sure nobody does something they shouldn’t be doing since it’s your house. When we’re at home I’ve started learning Chanwoo how to do everything alone without my presence and how to help Chaeyoung so I have my hands free should there be a third one in the future.”

Tao catches the hint and the mischievous face of the older omega and puts the TV on silent. “I think this conversation asks for a pillow session,” he says and before he knows it they have a cosy place made out of blankets and pillows to lay down in. It’s a bit on the small side but nobody really cares about it since it’s only a better excuse to cuddle.

Once they’re lying down Baekhyun is in the middle with Jongdae and Tao nestled against his sides. “Now speak,” Jongdae says with a grin, “We aren’t laying here to hear nothing.”

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and then breathes out. “I want a third child. Chanyeol needed quite a bit convincing since he thought it would be too much for me to handle since he’s still way too much of a workaholic. Had to promise that we would wait a bit, like half a year or something, and then we could try again,” his words are accompanied with a smile of pure joy and the frustration with his husband doesn’t sound too serious.

Tao admires Baekhyun for being able to voice out his wants in such a mature way that he is able to inform his husband and compromise so both he and Chanyeol are happy. A family like Baekhyuns, with two young children, a hardworking husband and their own parents to worry about doesn’t seem like an easy thing to Tao, but it sounds so lovingly that Tao can’t help but want his own too.

Now don’t get him wrong, Kris is an amazing husband, even though he is just as much a workaholic. They do have more time now that Kris can put away his work more easily and that Tao has people working for him, but Tao feels that they miss something to care for. Yet it doesn’t appeal for him to talk about this with Kris at this time. He doesn’t really want to plan this. Kris’ opinion about this is known; he does want children but he isn’t in a hurry about this, and Tao agrees.

If it comes naturally, it comes. Planning a pregnancy doesn’t have the same feel about it – at least for Tao it doesn’t. Sure, had they been with less money or in a worse situation it should have been better to be able to prepare for their child but with Kris’ huge pay check they have no reason to even think about worrying.

“Chanyeol is so considerate for thinking about whether you would be able to handle it or not,” Jongdae comments and Tao nods in agreement.

“You two are so in love I never hear you have an argument,” Tao adds but he receives a snort from Baekhyun.

“We’re amazing at fighting, but it happens that we’re apparently even better at making up so I don’t think I’ve ever went out of the house being actual mad,” Baekhyun says, “but that’s actually a rule from Chanyeol. Unless we really need to be somewhere we aren’t allowed to go out until we can make up or compromise. He doesn’t want me to be mad.”

“Cringy lovebirds, can’t describe you in any other way,” Jongdae says, “but Tao and Kris aren’t any better.”

Tao laughs because he knows it’s true, both Kris and he are quite romantic, even more after they started dating. “Don’t talk like you and Minseok aren’t taking each other out on surprise dates or holidays. I sometimes feel bad for Minjun, being stuck with parents who are still in love like teenagers.”

Jongdae smiles, obviously guilty, and doesn’t say anything to deny it. They talk for some more until the children wake up again and then it’s time to go home already. Tao is obviously excited to see Kris again, still can’t believe he missed his husband this morning since he slept in.

It’s Tuesday when Tao opens a jar of fruit spread and it definitely doesn’t smell like it usually does. Chanwoo is already munching on some pieces of bread Tao cut for him and Chaeyoung is not-so-patiently waiting for him to make her plate. While Chanwoo gets to chose and experiment a little with what he wants to eat, Tao is a bit more careful with the younger sibling.

He checks if the spread isn’t spoiled and when the printed date on the bottom says it should be perfectly fine, so he doesn’t have any excuse for his strange reaction to it. Chaeyoung shows her growing impatience by whining and Tao decides to just use it, even though every time the damn jar comes too close to his nose he wants to throw up.

Chaeyoungs smile when he gives her the plastic plate makes up for it but apparently his discomfort is still noticeable as Chanwoo asks if he’s okay. He nods, “I’m just a bit sick, I don’t know why though.”

The nauseas feeling stops after an hour or two and Tao is grateful, especially since he has a shift late afternoon and he really doesn’t want to call in sick now that he takes a lot less shifts than he used to do.

Tao knows sleep is finally close when he doesn’t think about anything anymore but the shifting of his husband next to him keeps him out of it.

“Kris, can you stop moving for once,” he grumbles, feeling slightly grumpy since he once again was kept from sleeping. His need for sleep increased lately and for some reason actually falling asleep got harder.

Kris shifts once more and before he is able to say anything about it he’s engulfed by his husbands arms. “Did you not have a good day at work,” Kris inquires and Tao wants to roll his eyes. Alphas and their ways of communication – he needs to ask what’s wrong, not suggest what Kris thinks is the cause of his grumpiness.

“No,” he mumbles, not even sure himself why he is so freaking grumpy at the man he usually can’t stay mad at for longer than a second. “I’m just tired and I can’t sleep for some reason and you’re moving and my feet are cold an-”

His whiny rant is cut of when he feels Kris kiss his neck. “It’s ok, we all have bad days,” and Tao silently curses that his husband just knows how to make everything ok again, even though he still hasn’t asked in the right way what’s wrong. He will never be able to stay mad at him for long. His cold feet are now between Kris’ lower legs and with the feeling of feet that slowly warming up, he falls asleep.

The temperature has been high this week, but today Tao feels as if he´s walking around in an oven. And it´s not even 1 PM yet. He knows Jongdae will worry if the other omega gets to learn of his working schedule today – the usual agreement is that with any temperature above 25 degrees Celsius, Tao stops working between 12 and 3. While 25 isn’t that hot yet, it can feel hot very fast when working in the burning sun and considering Tao’s history with the heat, they decided that it would be okay to work like that.

He remembers almost fainting the day he met Kris and while the fainting wasn’t a good thing, meeting his husband certainly was. His thoughts drift off to more Kris related things – the way he loves being hugged by Kris, the way his alpha smells and how his big arms fit around him perfectly. The way their hands fit perfectly together when they walk over the beach, sand between their toes. Kris’ ugly toes. Tao giggles.

His husband has a lot of great traits and an amazing body but his feet aren’t really attractive and his toes are just ugly. Kris knows and that makes it even funnier since it allows Tao to make jokes about them, just not too much because Tao knows his husband can get quite grumpy as a result and he kind of wants to avoid that. It’s not that he won’t be able to make up with his husband about small insignificant things like these, but that is exactly the thing that costs a lot of energy. And Tao doesn’t have that energy.

Tao will have to corner Kris first and then fast but precisely attack. This attack will have a base of cuteness, usually a slight pout or that smile he knows his husband has a weakness for. Then he will come closer – starting with some comments while sitting at a safe distance and slowly closing the distance when he deems it safe to hug his husband. This can be done from the back, accompanied with a small massage or from the front, usually with small kisses on Kris’ body.

And that’s when the tiring stuff starts. Kris’ can’t stay grumpy about something so small for a long time, Tao knows all too good, and all his “attacks” are a huge tease for Kris that wakes up his libido. This awakening, if there aren’t any obstacles, will end up in a few rounds of that leave both of them satisfied, basking in each other’s scent and their afterglow.

He is awakened from his daydreaming in the garden when Sehun calls for him.

“Tao, are you almost done yet?” the younger asks, but since the distance between them is quite big it’s screamed and it startles Tao so much he shoots up from the crouching position he was in. It appears to be a bad decision, especially with his lacking water intake of today. The dizziness becomes too much and Sehun’s worried face blurs in front of him.

“You know,” Kris starts when he stops tapping around on this tablet, “Maybe we should get you checked up by the doctor today.”

Tao looks up from the book he is reading and simply raises an eyebrow. “What are you getting worried about? I fainted today, I didn’t die.”

Kris gives him the look, you know, the “you-know-exactly-what-I’m-talking-about-please-don’t-be-like-this” look that everyone has and Tao sighs.

“I know you’re right, I just don’t want you to get worried over me. You’re finally a bit less busy with work, passing your free time with me or playing those silly games,” Tao casts a meaningful look at the tablet, “and I don’t want you to have to worry about me. Your life is so busy and hectic I’m afraid I need to start worrying about your heart once you’ve turned 30.”

Kris shifts around a bit until his back is against the armrest and there is space between his legs, obviously meant for Tao. He gets the hint and settles down between the thick, muscled legs that are the result of Kris’ gym sessions with Chanyeol. Even though there isn’t a lot of height difference between them, it’s comfortable and Tao loves being like this. It energizes him.

His moment of peace is broken when Kris starts speaking again. “I know you don’t want me to wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter