day 3: tuesday

7 things i love about you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Tired, Eunbi reached over to grab her phone and turned off the alarm. Ms Yoonjung had decided to assign an essay (on gender roles in the novel, Pride and Prejudice, how fun) as homework the night before and she had sadly spent the whole night trying to finish writing it up. Not to mention the mounds of homework from other subjects that she was also assigned. It was an understatement to say that she regretted the late night of studying.

As she rubbed her eyes and checked the time, she was shocked to see that her phone read, ‘9:32 am.’

Her class started at 9:00 am.

And to make matters worse, her first class was once again, literature, with the one and only, Ms Yoonjung.

As the realisation that she was exceptionally late finally hit her, Eunbi bounced out of her bed and ran to the bathroom. Of all classes, it really had to be literature. She was sure she had set her alarm for 7:00 am, but it seems that in her state of extreme fatigue, she had set the wrong alarm.

Quickly brushing her teeth and washing her face, she hastily threw on a hoodie and jeans, trying her to brush her hair. She’d already hit her elbows and knees countless of times on the corners of benches, but all she could think about was the wrath of Ms Yoonjung that she would soon have to face.

And with that, she grabbed an apple from the counter and rushed out of the door. 

Thankfully, she was somewhat fit and able to run across half the campus towards the lecture hall in no time, albeit puffed out. Unlike the previous days, however, she unfortunately missed the new letter in her haste and wouldn’t get a chance to read it in a while.

 

 

Checking her watch, Eunbi noted that there was still about 30 minutes left of the class. I’m not that late, she said to herself. Silently, she slowly pushed open the heavy door and heard Ms Yoonjung talking. To her relief, it looked like her usual seat next to Sakura was still vacant.

Taking in a deep breath, she discreetly sneaked into the hall and weaved her way through the tables and chairs, trying to hide from the gaze of the other confused students. With a sigh of relief, she sat herself in the chair next to Sakura and waved weakly at the girl who had been silently watching the entire ordeal.

“Hey Sakura, did she ask for the essays yet?” Eunbi whispered.

“No, not yet. Why are you late?” she asked, concerned.

With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter