[ONE]

sunday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time she meets Heejin, it’s a Sunday and she was filming a short for one of her classes at the park. With a genius idea of putting her dog on a leash and filming his run through the streets of the park, Hyunjin takes to her skateboard to follow him. As it turns out, a genius idea doesn’t mean genius practice. Hyunjin isn’t the greatest at multitasking, so, when her dog takes a pretty sharp turn, she barely has the time to bend her knees for stability. In the chaos of her panic, she doesn’t see the crack in the sidewalk that her board crashes into. Falling—painfully or comically depending on who’s talking—Hyunjin flies off of her board at the sudden stop. Fortunately, she rolled onto the grass and had the mind to take the brunt of the fall on her back instead of her hands to protect her camcorder. (She spent excruciating hours in the summer working some ty part-time job to pay for her camcorder all on her own. Proudly, she calls it an investment.)

 

Groaning and laying her arms out, Hyunjin is met with her dog’s wet tongue at her face. Shifting away enough that her lips would stay clear of his affection, Hyunjin sees a pair of feet through her camcorder’s viewing screen. Following the legs that the feet belong to, it’s unfortunate how pretty the girl looks. (Not that it was bad that the girl was pretty, no, that’s definitely a blessing. The embarrassment of completely falling and eating the floor in front of, perhaps, the prettiest girl she’s ever seen is the tragedy of it all.)

 

“Oh my God! Are you okay? You fell pretty hard. Do you need ice?”

 

(Hyunjin has half of the mind to think, “Yeah, I fell hard for you.” She blames the slight pounding at the side of her head for that one.)

 

Sitting up with the help of the girl, Hyunjin can’t help but to marvel at how soft her hands are. They’re a lot smaller than hers, what with how tiny they look in hers.

 

“I’m okay as long as my camcorder’s okay. And by the looks of it, we’re alright!”

 

Checking on her equipment and pointing the lens at the girl to “check for functionality” (it was fully working, Hyunjin knows her camcorder well enough to know that it was), she is sure to keep this girl in a part of her memories.

 

Getting up, Hyunjin switches the camcorder from her right hand to her left to introduce herself properly, “Hi! I’m Hyunjin!”

 

The girl smiles and Hyunjin didn’t know it was possible for her to be even more beautiful. When she shakes her hand, Hyunjin has to remind herself that it’s socially appropriate to let go and not hold on, no matter how much she wanted to.

 

“I’m Heejin! It’s nice to meet you, Hyunjin!”

 

Wanting to talk more with Heejin, Hyunjin parts her lips to speak but, she is interrupted by the sound of her dog barking. Finding him, he was sat on the grass, barking at a pair of dogs barking back at him. Hyunjin couldn’t bear the thought of her dog fighting this verbal exchange alone. Looking back at Heejin, Hyunjin quickly excuses herself before shuttling off to her furry friend.

 

When Hyunjin goes to her dog, Heejin figures that she was doing so to collect him to stop his barking. Her surprise when Hyunjin barks along with her dog (and films it with the camcorder in her hand) is more amusing than it is concerning. When the other two dogs turn away, Hyunjin pats her dog’s head before giving him a high-five. When she walks back to Heejin with her dog following her footsteps, the girl fails to stop the giggles that spill from her lips.

 

“It’s not often I see a person bark with their dog.”

 

Hyunjin freezes. As it turns out, most people don’t try to further exasperate their pet’s battles, and rather, try to stifle them, but, Hyunjin is quite protective when it comes to her dog. And plus, she knows he wouldn’t cause much trouble outside of barking and the occasional sniff.

 

“Oh I just, don’t like that the two dogs were barking at my one dog and I wanted to level out the playing field so-”

 

“So you barked with him.”

 

Heejin’s smile is amused, but, warm. Endeared, almost.

 

“He’s my best friend; I’d do more than just publicly embarrass myself if it meant I’d be by his side.”

 

(Heejin’s smile is definitely endeared. She’s never met someone so loyally attached to their pet. It’s refreshing. If she was that loyal to stay by her animal, she could only imagine her commitment to an actual human being.)

 

Before they could talk more, a distant voice calls for Heejin’s name. Swept away by the presence of the girl and her dog, Heejin forgets that she was at the park for a specific reason. Her friend had wanted to practice together for a show that she was doing at a cafe nearby because Heejin had volunteered to be her guitar player.

 

“I’ve gotta go! I can hear my friend summoning me. I’ll see you later, though!”

 

Lost in how pretty Heejin’s smile is, Hyunjin barely hears her and just slimly throws in a wave before Heejin turns away. With her camcorder, Hyunjin points at the girl walking away and when she looks back, the smile that enchanted Hyunjin is still gracing her lips.

 

Watching her walk away, Hyunjin pets the top of her dog’s hair before squatting down to talk to him, “Isn’t she the prettiest girl you’ve ever seen, Duppang?”

 

Her dog woofs in reply.

 

Hyunjin can’t understand dog (she barely speaks it), but, she knows her dog well enough to know it’s an affirmative.

 

And plus, it’s undeniable that Heejin’s beauty is beyond what is real.

 

When Hyunjin reviews her footage later on at night at her laptop, her camcorder had caught Heejin’s goodbye. While petting Duppang’s stomach, her dog tilts his head to her when she suddenly stopped doing so.

 

“See you later? How am I gonna see her later? I barely even know her name!”

 

Looking back at Duppang’s dark brown eyes, Hyunjin wishes she could find the answer in them, but, is only met with the demand to pet more.

 

~

 

“Hyunjin! Please come with me to the cafe? Haseul’s gonna be busy singing and being amazing and incredible on stage and I don’t want to be that lonely loser in the corner sipping on a basic cup of mocha.”

 

Hyunjin frowns at her friend who was pouting at her, trying her best to appeal to her friend to go.

 

“I don’t want to go and third-wheel you guys. It reminds me of how sad and single I am.”

 

“Well, if you would follow Jiwoo’s advice and use Duppang in your dating life, girls would flock to you. And you’re pretty and somewhat of a decent person! It’s the cherry on top.”

 

Completely breezing by the offhand insult, Hyunjin has more pressing matters to attend to, “Jungeun, I told you that I refuse to use my child as a ploy for my dating life. It feels wrong. I can’t sell him out like that. In fact, I’m not letting my future girlfriend meet him until I know she’s okay with having dogs on the bed. I refuse to be with someone who kicks their dog out of bed.”

 

Jungeun sighs and places her hand on Hyunjin’s shoulder, “At this point, Duppang is going to be the only one on your bed. I don’t think you need to worry about someone else right now.”

 

Hyunjin hurumphs and crosses her arms, “If you’re trying to make me go, you’re doing a horrible job at persuading me.”

 

Quickly shifting gears, Jungeun pouts again and almost hangs off of her friend.

 

“Please! I heard Haseul got her friend to play the guitar for her. You won’t be completely alone and third-wheeling after her set. You’ll both be third-wheeling and then since you’re both third-wheeling, you’re technically not third-wheeling!”

 

Hyunjin groans and gives in, not because she is taken with the thought of spending her evening with some person she didn’t know, but because if she heard the word “third-wheel” anymore, she might pull a Van Gogh and cut her ears off. (And frankly, Hyunjin likes her ears. She wants to do an earring commercial and that would be quite hard to do without ears.)

 

Before they separate to go to their classes, Jungeun knocks into her with a kind smile on her lips, “You’re more than just somewhat decent, Hyunjin. You deserve someone worth your time. I hope that you don’t have to wait for forever for her to come along.”

 

Sighing Hyunjin can only shrug, “Me too, Jungeun. Me too.”

 

(Little does Hyunjin know, the universe has leant its fortuitous ear to her.)

 

~

 

Friday comes along and so does Haseul’s set at the cafe at their college. Jungeun had wanted to be with Haseul every step of the way there and to walk her to the cafe and be there from her set-up and until the end, but, Haseul had persuaded her to go to her class and to come to the cafe after it ended. Begrudgingly, Jungeun goes with the bait of a kiss and a song dedicated to her. (Almost all of the songs on her set were dedicated to her, but, Haseul didn’t want to tell her that. If she did, then Jungeun would never actually leave to her class and would instead smother her in affection and love. And usually, Haseul loves being on the other end of her girlfriend’s affection, but, attendance is a must, especially in biochem lab class.)

 

The first person who walks through the door is Heejin with her guitar case strapped to her back. Haseul knew Heejin wouldn’t bail on her; she’s endlessly reliable and loyal, but still, seeing her calms her nervous heart. Haseul is ambitiously tied to her dream of becoming a singer and has spent many hours (and a decent amount of money) practicing on singing and working on her craft so that she could gather the attention of anyone watching—anyone who would care enough to listen to her stories.

 

The next hour, Jungeun almost stumbles in through the door. Quickly following her in is Hyunjin.

 

“Jungeun, I know I’m single and stuff, but that doesn’t mean I want to date every girl out there!

 

“But, she was pretty!”

 

“I know she’s pretty! Her girlfriend thinks that too!”

 

About to retort, Jungeun shuts . She had failed to consider that miniscule detail.

 

“Chaewon’s just a good friend of mine and her girlfriend is ridiculously in love with her and all of the money in the world will never be enough for me to even think about getting between them.”

 

Jungeun sighs and concedes.

 

“I just want to find you a girlfriend so that you can be happy and in love!” 

“I am happy! Maybe not in love, but I love doing what I do and this camcorder is enough for me.”

 

Jungeun sighs and Hyunjin knows not to take the pity in her eyes as anything ill-intentioned.

 

“Camcorders and memory cards can only do so much, Hyunjin. Just, remember that.”

 

(And there’s no way she could forget. She’s seen her own family get torn apart by the shifted priorities careers create. Hyunjin refuses to become that. But, for now, she only has her camcorder.

 

And Duppang.

 

But, that’s besides the point.)

 

“Talking about my camcorder, I brought it.”

 

When Jungeun furrows her eyebrows together, Hyunjin explains further.

 

“You told me that Haseul wants to get her name out there. Having really high quality videos of her doing her thing is getting her one step closer.”

 

Jungeun feels herself melt. With Hyunjin, as playful and teasing as she can be, there is no denying the genuine heart that she has beating in her chest. Whoever Hyunjin decides to love, Jungeun knows, they’d be in good hands.

 

The sun is starting to fade away into the horizon and Haseul’s set is scheduled to start in an hour. While eating a delicious sandwich Sooyoung made, Hyunjin is content talking with Jungeun at the table they were sat at. Smack dab in the middle, Jungeun was sure to get the best seat in the cafe. Having her camcorder on and resting it on the table and filming the two of them, Hyunjin knows this is a night for memories. Mid bite, a girl who looks a lot like Heejin gets caught in her peripheral. Focusing her eyes on the girl who had her back turned, Hyunjin chokes on her food when she turns around.

 

Just as pretty and charming, Heejin sits on the stool on the stage and tunes her guitar.

 

Hyunjin looks up to the universe and sends her plethora of thanks.

 

“Why are you looking at the ceiling? Is there something on it?”

 

“Nah, I’m just giving the universe a shout out.”

 

Jungeun frowns at her, “What?”

 

Hyunjin sighs and puts down her sandwich.

 

“The guitar player, I met her at the park by school and I thought I would never see her again, but, here she is. Right in front of me, playing guitar, looking like an absolute goddess.”

 

Jungeun’s eyebrows rise up and make an excellent impression of Jinsol.

 

“Sounds like you like her.”

 

Hyunjin feels a blush tinge at her cheeks, “I mean, I don’t really know her. But, she’s really cute. And didn’t think I was weird for barking with Duppang.”

 

Jungeun gasps and her feet tap in excitement, “Oh my God, this girl didn’t think your furry tendencies weren’t weird?”

 

Hyunjin shoves her friend’s shoulder before she hides her cheeks in embarrassment.

 

“Me standing up for my dog and barking doesn’t make me a furry!”

 

Jungeun raises her eyebrows and purses her lips, as if to say, “If you say so.”

 

“I’m really not!”

 

“Prove it!”

 

Without thinking, Hyunjin turns to the girl sound-checking and calls for her.

 

“Heejin! Do you think I’m a furry?”

 

Now, Heejin had been focused on checking all of her equipment for the show. She didn’t expect to hear her name, nonetheless the question that follows it. Looking out to the rest of the cafe, Heejin could barely make out Hyunjin’s face.

 

“Uh- Hi, Hyunjin?”

 

“Hi Heejin! Can you please answer my question so that I can prove to Jungeun that I’m not a furry?”

 

Heejin sputters. It’s not often she gets asked if she thought someone was a furry. It’s quite bewildering to her.

 

(Hyunjin, Heejin thinks, is truly something else.)

 

“I guess not? I mean, it’s not like you walk around with a tail or anything?”

 

Hyunjin shoves at her friend again before whining at her, “See! Heejin doesn’t think I’m a furry!”

 

In retribution, Jungeun knocks back at Hyunjin and pokes at her even more, “That you know of, Heejin! That you know of! Maybe Hyunjin’s wearing a tail right now!”

 

For the lack of words, embarrassed isn’t even sufficient enough to describe how scarlet her cheeks turn. Standing up and turning around, Hyunjin’s voice is still loud despite her face being turned away from Heejin, “I’m not wearing a tail! I promise! I don’t even have a tail in my house! The only tail there is Duppang’s! Look! See! Tail-less!”

 

Utterly lost and confused, Heejin could only gape at the girl and her friend. Who was currently laughing and wiping the tears away from her eyes.

 

“Jungeun! I swear, if you don’t laugh your lungs out, I’m going to personally disembowel you!”

 

Stifling her laughter now, Jungeun feels her stomach’s pain in laughing too much.

 

If someone had told Heejin her evening would turn out this way, she would attend more of these little cafe performances.

 

Settling down, Hyunjin sits back down and elbows at Jungeun for good measure.

 

“Sorry for disturbing you like that, Heejin. Just, ignore that ever happened and pretend my dumb friend and I aren’t here.”

 

Truthfully, Heejin doesn’t want to forget it happened. Hearing Hyunjin’s outraged voice and seeing her bright smile that shows despite being relentlessly teased is something Heejin wants to remember.

 

“What if I don’t want to?”

 

Hyunjin only whines and puts her face in her hands.

 

(Heejin gets Jungeun. The entertainment that comes with teasing Hyunjin is something money couldn’t ever price.

 

And plus, it’s cute how she gets all whiny and pouty.)

 

By the time Haseul’s set starts, the cafe is decently full with college students leisurely hanging out or cramming in some studying. Handing her camcorder to Jungeun so that she could film Haseul (and double checking the velcro strap’s hold on Jungeun’s hand), Hyunjin takes to her phone. Adjusting the lighting and focusing on Heejin, Hyunjin thinks the guitar player looks ethereal under the lights. Even when she plays, how passionately she feels about music is tangible. While her eyes flicked up constantly, she caught on how Hyunjin had her phone focused on her. Smiling, Heejin doesn’t know if her lips’ upturn was for the phone or for the girl behind it.

 

(It’s definitely the girl behind it because the way Hyunjin’s smile peeks out from behind her device makes her heart get all frantic with nerves, and not the performing kind.)

 

After Haseul’s set, a couple of students have the bravery and appreciation to go up to her and compliment her on her performance, as well with Heejin’s. (And it’s well deserved. Jungeun thinks the whole cafe should get in a line and praise her girlfriend’s performance. She’s not alone in that, Hyunjin thinks so too.) Promising to send Jungeun the files of Haseul’s performance after putting them into her hard drive, Haseul has already asked Heejin to eat dinner with them at the diner from across the street.

 

Despite having a decent pile of work to do for her classes, she can’t find it in herself to refuse when she hears Hyunjin will be attending too. It also helps the latter’s case because she whispers her pleas, “Please, come with us to the diner. I don’t want to third-wheel them and be reminded of how single I am.”

 

Hyunjin’s single. There’s just one more thing to know before Heejin could really fall head first for her.

 

(Not to say that she hasn’t already. Matters of the heart rarely ever listen to what the mind insists on.)

 

As it turns out, it doesn’t take Heejin long to find out that Hyunjin liked girls, thanks to Jungeun’s generous sharing of Hyunjin’s personal life.

 

“Hyunjin, the waitress was totally checking you out.”

 

“So?” 
 

“Just wanted to let you know. For a single gay who wants a girlfriend, you sound so blase.”

 

If it weren’t for the glorious burger in front of her, Hyunjin would have lunged at the girl diagonal to her.

 

“Just because I’m sad and single doesn’t mean I’m going to go after every girl that shows the slightest bit of attraction! I’m sad, not desperate!”

 

Jungeun laughs and it seems a lot like she already knew this piece of information.

 

(Jungeun is the bane of Hyunjin’s existence and if it weren’t for her random daily moments of affection, Hyunjin would have none of her teasing. But, because Jungeun’s heart is too big for its own good, the videographer only has the fury to post ugly pictures of the girl on her Twitter account.

 

Jungeun’s not a fan of it, but, she has her own fair share pictures of Hyunjin so she supposes, “You win some, you lose some.”)

 

(Sure, Hyunjin had to undergo the embarrassment of being teased, but at least, the girl sitting beside her laughing with Hyunjin knows that she’s single and emotionally available. Jungeun bargains that while Hyunjin has lost some of her dignity, maybe she’ll be on the path to winning Heejin.

 

It’s the small victories that matter.)

 

While Heejin and Hyunjin walk back to their cars trailing behind the couple, Hyunjin films how their shadowed silhouettes collide in the light. From panning to the neon signs of restaurants, the couple ahead of them, and the ethereal girl beside her, Hyunjin thinks that any moment she spends with Heejin is one that she wants to remember. Heejin brushes her shoulder against Hyunjin’s and when the girl doesn’t shift away, she gains further courage to do the same with their hands. When Hyunjin stutters mid-sentence, Heejin decides to take a chance and bear the embarrassment should the situation turn sour.

 

“So, single and sad?”

 

Hyunjin blushes and Heejin faintly sees how it dusts her cheeks when they walk under a light post.

 

“Single and only sometimes sad. Not always about being single, but, you know, just, when life’s being particularly ty.”

 

Heejin hums in agreement.

 

“If I could have the chance, maybe, I can help you out with that?”

 

Hyunjin stops in her steps and looks at the girl walking ahead of her. Eyes wide, Hyunjin never imagined her night turning out this way. Her camcorder stands frozen in its spot pointed at Heejin.

 

“You? Help me?”

 

The smile that blooms on Heejin’s lips is bright and warm and it’s enough to melt the cold around Hyunjin.

 

“I would like to.”

 

Hyunjin smiles and it’s soft and shy and charmed.

 

“We can start out slow, if that’s okay with you?”

 

(And God, it’s better than okay. It’s everything Heejin could ever want with Hyunjin. She could do slow as long as it meant she’d be doing it Hyunjin.)

 

When Hyunjin gets home and closes the door to her room, Duppang is excitedly waiting on her bed, wagging his tail for affection. Putting her bag down and placing her camcorder on her desk, Hyunjin does her usual tradition of kissing the part where the bridge of his nose starts and the top part of his head while she scratched behind his ears.

 

Reviewing the footage Hyunjin filmed that night, she sends Jungeun the files of Haseul’s breathtaking performance, relives the horrifying experience of being teased, and replays how Heejin’s smile grew and how bright her eyes looked under the light post by the bookstore.

 

(Hyunjin couldn’t be confident in it, but she has a feeling—this girl is going to change things for her. If her smile could subdue her to a soft pile of mush and endearment, there was no telling what else Heejin could reduce her to.)

 

Hyunjin stays awake at night, unable to sleep, her heart thumping in excitement.

 

When her phone vibrates, Heejin’s name does little to temper the racing in her chest.

 

Heekkie <3: it was really nice seeing you tonight...it’d be a pleasure to spend more nights like this with you :)

 

Everything about her message makes Hyunjin thrash her legs at how cute the girl is. Down from the heart she put beside the nickname she made for herself to the message and the smiley face, Hyunjin knows that her life is changing its tide, much like how the moon pulls the tides of oceans.

 

~

 

All of this time, Heejin had been attending the same college as Hyunjin. While they both live off-campus, Hyunjin concedes at how the universe hid her away until Hyunjin had to brutally embarrass herself in front of her.

 

(The embarrassment was worth it.)

 

In the gaps between classes that Hyunjin would go through alone, studying or relaxing, Heejin coincidentally had gaps too. The cafe being a main spot for them, the pair would frequent the table Jungeun had chosen the night of Haseul’s performance. Always getting a croissant (thanks to Sooyoung’s generosity and giving them to her for free), Hyunjin breaks off half of it to share it with Heejin. (Initially, she had bought it because she had been craving the flaky pastry, but, when she had sat down with the bag, Heejin’s stomach growled at the buttery smell that permeated through. Without hesitating, Hyunjin broke off half for her to eat and while the other girl refused it at first, Hyunjin stubbornly chose not to eat because she was set on allocating it for her. Unwilling to let food waste, especially when she was hungry, Heejin took the other half).

 

While munching on their snack, Hyunjin would often film Heejin talking, eating, laughing. Whatever she did, Hyunjin wanted to capture it to immortalize it. Sometimes Heejin would cover the lens of the camcorder, timid at the presence of it.

 

“But you look so pretty when you laugh! I wanna remember how it looks when I’m old and delusional.”

 

Heejin whines and shakes her head, ignores how her heart goes haywire at the thought of Hyunjin considering her in her future. Hyunjin laughs at how cute the girl looks when she’s being teased, but, when she settles down, she puts the camcorder down and turns it off.

 

“If it really bothers you, I won’t film you. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable around me.”

 

Something about Hyunjin’s consideration and the respect she has for her makes the girl’s heart thump a little louder, its echo reverberating against the chambers of her chest. Looking at the camcorder placed on table, Heejin takes it into her hands, turns it on, and points it at the girl in front of her.

 

(Normally, Hyunjin would panic if anyone other than herself put their hands on her treasure without her permission, but, she didn’t have the frantic heart attack when Heejin cautiously took it in her hands.

 

She’s something special.

 

It’s not new information, by any means.)

 

“How about this? You can film me as long as I can film you?”

 

Hyunjin smiles at how willing Heejin is accept her into her life. Placing her hand over the one that was on the table, smiling into the lens before looking at the girl behind it, Hyunjin’s voice is warm and comforting, “I think I can handle that.”

 

~

 

Heejin thinks she has a sixth sense. Anytime she called Hyunjin, even at random hours of the day, the other girl usually happens to be out on a walk with Duppang at the park. Missing her particularly immensely today, Heejin abandons practicing her guitar. Her trusty music partner could wait for her.

 

“Stay where you are.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I miss you. And I want to see you. So stay where you are.”

 

Hyunjin is too endeared by her happiness to effectively reply anything more than a, “Okay. I’ll see you, Heekkie!”

 

Driving to the park, Heejin has difficulty finding Hyunjin. However, she catches the familiar black coat of hair that Duppang has and when she walks closer, he is sat on Hyunjin’s lap, happily panting. Hyunjin, petting Duppang and filming how the clouds move with her camcorder, is almost heart-stoppingly startled when Heejin shouts into her ear and lightly nudges at her back. Screaming at the surprise, Hyunjin grasps tighter at her camcorder before quickly twisting over to see who made her panic in fear.

 

Met with the sound of Heejin’s laugh and her head thrown back in laughter, Hyunjin is sure to capture how wholesome and genuinely happy the girl looks.

 

Maybe almost dying was worth the sight of Heejin smiling.

 

(It was.)

 

Walking around the park now with Duppang leading them, the pair lose count on how many times they circle around the track. It isn’t until Duppang nudges the lead towards Hyunjin’s car does she realize how time has elapsed. The sun, starting to set, colors the sky in pastel pinks and oranges. Squatting down to Duppang and asking for his patience, Hyunjin excuses herself from Heejin for a moment. Climbing the play structure that children normally play on, Hyunjin elevates herself to capture how breathtaking the sky looks. Coming down, Hyunjin takes Duppang to the water fountain that trickles water down to the bowl that dogs could drink from. While he lapped away and hydrated himself, Hyunjin leans against a tree beside Heejin.

 

“Sunsets are one of my favorite things to look at. They’re just so beautiful and they happen naturally, and in the right season, every day. And too often, we take advantage of the things that are right in front of us and I don’t want that to be me. So, whenever I can, whenever I catch the sunset, I try to film it or take pictures, do whatever it is that documents it.”

 

Heejin could listen to Hyunjin talking about her passions for as long as time could allow her. Her eyes light up and her hands become more fluid as she goes on. Her voice elevates in sound and strength and Hyunjin just becomes even brighter than she already is.

 

(She is such a sight to see.)

 

Reaching for her camcorder, Hyunjin is too enveloped in talking about the sky to realize Heejin had taken her camcorder to film her. Looking at her from behind the camcorder, Hyunjin is still lost, talking about the natural beauty of nature.

 

Heejin knows it’s not the kind of nature Hyunjin is rambling about, but, she believes Hyunjin could be a part of how beautiful nature looks.

 

With how she glows, how the sky looks behind her, how happy Duppang looks to be beside her, there is no denying the aesthetics in nature when it concerns Hyunjin.

 

For as long as Hyunjin existed, she is indubitably a treasure to be appreciated.

 

And with the immortalization of her on her camcorder, Heejin is assured in an infinite appreciation for her.

 

~

 

Their first date, Heejin didn’t have a set plan for the night. All she knew was that she wanted to be with Hyunjin and talk with her, experience how she looked under different lights. Taking her downtown where they could walk around, Heejin chooses a place that she could always rely on.

 

Cafe Rosy, ran by Hyejoo’s family, has always been a place she frequented with her friends. Knowing Hyejoo and her family, the service is always especially warm and welcoming and the food is just as pleasing to eat.

 

Hyunjin, recognizing a flash of blonde hair and a short stature, calls out a name on a whim.

 

“Chaewon?”

 

The blonde girl turns around, and to her greatest relief, she is met with her friend’s face looking for who called her name.

 

“Hyunjin? Heejin?”

 

The former and the blonde girl ask simultaneously, “What are you doing here?”

 

Chaewon gestures at the girl serving a table to side, “This is Hyejoo’s family’s restaurant. I’m just waiting for her to finish up so that we can go out on our date and hit up the internet cafe.”

 

Turning to Heejin, Hyunjin is pleasantly shocked, “You know Hyejoo?”

 

Facing Hyunjin, Heejin asks back, “You know her too?”

 

Hyunjin gestures at Chaewon and introduces her, “Well, this is Chaewon, as you know. She’s been my friend since freshman year. And she talks, pretty much endlessly, about Hyejoo.”

 

Heejin gestures to Hyejoo, “Hyejoo’s parents are really close friends with mine and they used to bring her over to our house and we wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter