prologue.

Love, Spring。
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring had come once again.

 

Cherry blossom trees were aligned next to one another along the walkway, painting a beautiful landscape for all to witness. The weather was neither too hot nor too cold— perfect for anyone who would like to take a stroll, jog or even walk their pet.

 

Sojung wasn't particularly thrilled about the season but it was definitely better than winter. At least, she didn't have to put on many layers of clothings. A simple white button up blouse and a long coat were enough to keep her warm.

 

She didn't have any concrete plans that Saturday afternoon. Sojung only wanted to be out of the dorm, finding it a bore to stay in her room all day. (She actually had research to do for her thesis paper but that could wait another day when she has the mood to do so.) If her roommate, Yerin, had no plans for the day, she wouldn't have minded not going out. Truth to be told, Sojung just didn't want to be left alone.

 

With a lit up cigarette between her lips, the student had her back leaning against a bark as she took shade under one of the many trees. Smoking is bad for health, she knew that much. Yerin, being a medical student, had nagged at her to stop more than the number of fingers she has on both hands but she never did listen. It's not like she's a heavy smoker anyway. She only has a stick once every two weeks— sometimes, two in a week when she gets too stressed over the workload given by her professors. As long as her parents don't find out, she won't stop.

 

Sojung was taken by surprise when she heard a shutter go off out of nowhere, along with a flash of light. Turning her head sharply to the source, she raised an eyebrow upon seeing a young female fumbling with her camera, looking extremely flustered.

 

"Did you just take a photo of me?" Sojung asked curtly. Taking one last puff of her cigarette, she threw the on the grass, stepping on it after to put out the fire.

 

Instead of getting a reply from the other female, Sojung saw her looking down straight at her feet with a frown plastered on her lips.

 

"Did you or did you not take a photo of me?" she asked again, taking closer steps towards the stranger. The way the latter had to tilt her chin up high just to make their gaze meet, Sojung strangely found it amusing how she's almost a head taller than the female.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter