Chapter 2

{B}locked Out

Jimin dragged Yoongi through the store by the hand. “Come on, we have to hurry up and get him a present!”

“Well if you hadn’t insisted on my while I was trying to drink my morning coffee, we would have been able to get to the store a lot earlier.” Yoongi retorted, letting the younger male pull him towards the children’s section.

“Don’t turn this around on me!” Jimin exclaimed. “I gave you a list of Jungkook’s favorite things two weeks ago and you were supposed to come pick something out, and you neglected to tell me you hadn’t until we were in the car ready to go to his party!”

In Yoongi’s defense, his mind had been so torn over if he should bring up the ‘boyfriends’ thing to Jimin or not that it had completely slipped his mind to go get a birthday present for the now 3-year-old. His mind quickly went back to that as they finally arrived at the children’s section. “Okay, you find an outfit for him and I’ll go find a toy.” Before Yoongi could respond, Jimin had already disappeared towards the toys.

Yoongi sighed, turning to the clothes and looking through them. He finally decided on a set that consisted of a white tank top with a blue bear face on it and a pair of blue shorts. He’d just pulled them off the rack when someone called his name. He turned to the owner of the voice, immediately recognizing the man. “Kihyun! What’s up?” He hugged his friend. “Haven’t seen you in a while!”

“I know! It’s been years!”

The two of them caught up briefly before Jimin reappeared, box in hand. “He’s been really obsessed with baseball lately, so I got him a tee ball set so he could try it out.” Jimin then noticed the newcomer. “Oh, hi~”

“Jimin, this is Kihyun,” Yoongi introduced, his arm already going around Jimin’s waist out of habit. “He was one of my closest friends in high school.” Jimin smiled at the male, expressing that it was nice to meet him. “Kihyun, this is Jimin, my boyfriend~” The term had flowed out of Yoongi before he’d even thought about it, as if it were completely natural to call the younger male that. Yoongi didn’t even realize he’d said it until he felt Jimin’s gaze on him as he stepped away slightly, and when that happened, he immediately regretted ever using that term to describe his relationship with Jimin.

The group talked for a bit more before Yoongi informed Kihyun that they had a three-year old’s birthday party to get to. Jimin stayed silent despite Yoongi’s attempts to talk to him. He didn’t say one word as they were checking out, when they walked out to the car, or during the ride to Namjoon and Seokjin’s house. The first time he spoke was when they entered the house and Jungkook ran towards his babysitter. “Happy birthday, Kookie!” He exclaimed picking the three-year-old up and hugging him tightly.

“Come play with me and Tae Tae!” Jungkook insisted, wiggling in Jimin’s arms so he would be put down. Once he accomplished that, he grabbed Jimin’s hand and tugged him towards the aforementioned male. Yoongi walked over to Hoseok who had obviously been abandoned by his boyfriend.

After a few minutes of observing the couples, Namjoon went into the kitchen where Seokjin was doing last minute touch ups on Jungkook’s Spiderman cake. “Remember how you noticed that something was off between Hoseok and Taehyung when they got here?” Seokjin hummed in response to his husband. “Well, there’s something off between Yoongi and Jimin too.”

Seokjin looked up in shock. “They’re both having issues?” Namjoon nodded. “High five for being the drama free couple!” Seokjin high fived his husband and gave him a quick kiss before carrying the cake over to the table so they could get Jungkook’s birthday party going.

***

Yoongi moved to turn on the blinker to go in the direction of his apartment. “Actually, can you take me to my apartment?” Yoongi quickly glanced over at Jimin in shock, both from the younger male speaking to him and because of his request, before looking back at the road.

“Uh, okay?” Yoongi said as a question, putting his hand back on the wheel to continue in the direction they were already going. “Is everything okay?”

Jimin scoffed a bit a Yoongi’s question. “Yes, everything’s fine~” The tone of Jimin’s voice screamed that he was annoyed with the older male. “Why wouldn’t it be?”

“Because you haven’t stayed at your own apartment in a month and I just wanted-“

“I don’t have to explain myself to you when I want to stay at my own apartment instead of yours!” Jimin cut Yoongi off. “I’m not your boyfriend, Yoongi!” The emphasis Jimin put on the word ‘boyfriend’ let Yoongi know just how upset he was over Yoongi’s slip up earlier that day.

Silence spread through the car for the rest of the drive, only being broken when Yoongi spoke up as he pulled up outside of Jimin’s apartment complex. “I’m sorry~” Yoongi blurted out as Jimin unbuckled his seatbelt. “Namjoon was talking to me one day and he got in my head and ‘boyfriend’ just slipped out. I didn’t mean it.” Jimin stayed quiet, but wasn’t climbing out of the car just yet, which let Yoongi know he was listening. “That’s not what this is, and I know that. I’m really sorry.”

After a moment, Jimin nodded slightly. “I think we need some space from each other. Just a few days or so to make sure Namjoon is out of your head.” Not waiting for Yoongi to respond, Jimin climbed out of the car. He closed the door a bit harder than necessary, letting Yoongi know that he was still at least a little bit upset.

Yoongi sighed deeply, hitting his head against the steering wheel. “ me~” Yoongi muttered under his breath as he sat back up, pulling out of the parking lot.