Final

Boys can get married to boys too !

It was a sunny afternoon in Seoul where two little boys and a girl were busy playing in a backyard.

“ I will be Jinki oppa’s wife and Kibum, you can be our son”

Luna loved playing house but she had always played with girls because her friends were all girls .Today her parents were visiting the Lee’s and she met their son Jinki for the first time. Jinki happened to be playing with his best friend Kibum when they met, and the two boys are girl headed over to play in their yard together.

Jinki was the older of the two, he had just turned six and Luna and Kibum were both five. Since Luna was the guest, Jinki asked what Luna wanted to play with them. After thinking, Luna had suggested to play house –something the two boys had never played before but they agreed to play out of curiosity.

“ But I want to be Jinki hyung’s wife” Kibum protested while pouting.

“Kibum ah, you can’t be Jinki oppa’s wife silly, you are a boy” Luna said matter of factly.

Kibum was not convinced. “ But ..but that’s not fair right Jinki hyung? ” Kibum was looking at Jinki , eyes glimmering with hope because his Jinki hyung always knew everything. But Jinki was in deep thought because his mum had always told him that boys shouldn’t make girls cry and he was afraid that if he disagrees with Luna, she would cry.

“Bummie, maybe we can just let Luna be my wife just for today?” Jinki was smiling with his crescent eyes hoping that Kibum would say yes and everything would be ok.

Kibum was sad because he didn’t want anyone else to be Jinki hyung’s wife but he also didn’t want to make a fuss because he was a good boy. “Okay” Kibum softly said, while his head hung low. Luna looked happy and clapped “okay that’s set then!! .  But Jinki noticed that Kibum was sad and he went to him and held his little hand in his as a gesture of comfort.

Luna saw Jinki holding Kibum’s hand and felt a little left out. “ Jinki  oppa.. you are my husband now so you can only hold my hand and we should kiss too “. Jinki suddenly looked terrified because he had never kissed a girl before. He had only kissed his parents and Bummie on his cheeks. He didn’t really wanted to kiss anyone else.

But he didn’t want to reject Luna because he was worried that if he said no, Luna would cry. While he was busy thinking, Luna was already pulling him towards her and he had to let go of Kibum’s hand.

Jinki was shocked when Luna then placed her soft lips on him.  He was too taken aback from what happened that he didn’t realise that Kibum was crouching down next to them, sobbing.  “ Oppa, why is Kibum crying?” Luna looked at him nervously.

Jinki’s little heart was heavy to see Kibum in tears, if there is something he hated the most-it was to see Kibum cry. Jinki rushed to him and held him close. “ Bum ah, please don’t cry, hyung is here” Jinki said while cooing him.

“ hyung.. y..you kissed Luna” he said between loud sobs. “ I.. I thought we can get married when we grow up.. b..but I’m a boy” Kibum was crying hard now. Jinki said nothing but just held him close until he stopped crying.

“ Luna, I will bring Bummie over to my room okay? Can you go look for your mummy?” Jinki said while gently leading Kibum to their house.

Jinki then gestured Kibum to sit on his favourite chair and held on to his hand with his own chubby hand while he talked.        “ Bummie, even if Luna said all those things,  I will only marry you when I grow up” Kibum’s head shot straight up after he heard Jinki’s words. “ I .. I just didn’t want to make her cry and agreed to everything but I ended up making you cry” Jinki was in tears while looking down at their clasped hands. “ I’m sorry”.

Kibum leaned forward and adjusted his little frame on Jinki’s lap, hugging him close. “Don’t cry hyung , Bummie is happy now. I can be your wife even if I am a boy” Kibum smiled with little dimples appearing on his cheeks.

Jinki always thought that Kibum was the most beautiful person he ever saw because his Bummie was even prettier than all the girls he had seen. He also thought that Bummie always smelled the nicest too, he smelled like strawberries and Jinki loved strawberries a little too much!  

Jinki smiled back, reaching for Kibum’s chubby face and placing a gentle Kiss on his rose bud lips. “Bummie, I like kissing you the most” kibum blushed beetroot red as Jinki placed another kiss on his little lips while holding him close. “ I think you are going to be the best wife ever !”