Cold

Cold

Jisoo had been away for three weeks now. Even though they texted and called one another every other minute of the day, it wasn't enough. He loathes not being able to touch her, to hold her. Their relationship had been steady for the past year now, ever since he confessed to her back during their Inkigayo days.

Flashback

Jinyoung can't remember exactly when he fell for her; it could've been when he first laid eyes on her or when she laughed at his horrible jokes, but he only realizes now, as she's adorably smiling at another one of his terrible jokes and Doyoung across them, shaking his head about how obliviously in love they were in the waiting room of Inkigayo.

"Hyung, you need to stop embarrassing yourself like this. Your jokes are horrible!" complains Doyoung, unable to stand the two of them.

"Hey, I like to think my jokes are actually quite good," he defenses, and the three of them fall into a light argument of whose jokes were funnier. His mind starts drifting away from the conversation however, and his eyes travel to Jisoo, admiring the way her eyebrows crease whenever she's deep in a conversation and her hair shines in the light and the way her lips unconciously form a frown when she realizes she's lost the argument and okay Jinyoung stop.

The staff call them out before the arguement can get any more heated and they continue on with the show as if nothing happened, but his feelings don't stop there.

Jinyoung continues feeling this way for months, unable to make a move on his friend because he's afraid. He doesn't miss the little signs though, the way her hands linger on his a second more than they're supposed to when they touch, or the way she stares at him when he's not looking and quickly looks away when she gets caught. He clearly knows Jisoo reciprocates his feelings as well, but he doesn't make a move, not yet at least, not when her dating ban hasn't been lifted. He couldn't ruin her career for his own selfish desires.

That doesn't last long though, not when boys were constantly throwing themselves at her. His blood boils whenever they would stand a little too close to her onstage or when they continuously tried to catch her eye when they think no one's looking. It's not like he was jealous or anything. Jisoo, on the other hand, remained completely oblivious to her fanboys and was much more interested in what she was going to eat for dinner.

One specific day however, Jinyoung finds her smiling and laughing with Sehun, as if she's having the time of her life listening to whatever he has to say, and that was the last straw. It's not like he has anything against Sehun, of course, but something about the guy bugged him, especially when Jinyoung saw him and Jisoo together. The rest of the day was spent unproductive, with him trying to avoid Jisoo as much as possible throughout the show and when they did interact, he remained emotionless and unwavering.

Jisoo, on the other hand, notices and confronts him at the end of the show and confronts him, "Hey Jinyoung! You've been avoiding me the whole day. Are you mad at me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't been avoiding you, I just been distracted, that's all," he tries for a smile, but it comes out as a grimace.

Unconvinced, she rolles her eyes, "Right. As if." Her eyes soften a little and her voice gets a little smaller, "Come on. Tell me what's wrong,"

"It's nothing, I swear. I've just not feeling well," he tries.

But it's like she can see right through him and she adorably grabs his finger, leaving him standing there, frozen, "It's not. Come on, tell me! I thought we were friends." She stares deeply in his eyes and although she doesn't say anything her eyes tell him she's truly hurt that he isn't telling her.

And he decides, right then and there that he gets to be a little selfish once in his life and confesses, "I like you! I don't know when it started, but I've liked you for a while and I can't stand it anymore." He can feel the heat rising to his ears as he hangs his head low and pouts, afraid she might reject him, but he's met only with the light sound of giggles.

"I can't believe you wouldn't talk to me for the whole day because you like me," snickers Jisoo. She grabs him by the collar and pulls him down to her, placing a light, sweet kiss on his lips. His eyes widen from shock, but he gets over it and leans into the kiss, placing his hands on her lower back, pulling her closer. Their lips move in unison, and the kiss was sweet and innocent. When they part, he rests his forehead on hers and she whispers shyly, "I like you too, you idiot" and he swears his smile can't be bigger. "But why were you so mad at me today if you just liked me?" and his smile is immediately wiped off and he stands straight.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter now," he says, grabbing her hand and dragging her out as she pesters him, trying to force the answer out.

Flashback End

He smiles, thinking back at the memory, but his smile quickly fades when he remembers Jisoo is hundreds of miles away and he has practically no way to get to her since he was busy preparing for Got7's comeback. His phone rings, and his smile returns when he sees the caller ID, it's morning here in Korea, so it must be around Jisoo's bedtime in the US.

"Hey," he welcomes, only to be met with a red-nosed Jisoo, tucked into a pile of blackets. If he hadn't known better, he'd admire had downright adorable she was.

"Hi," she tries to smile, but it only sends her into a string of coughs. Once she's been able to calm herself, she begins complaining about how her body is sore and aches from her cold and the amount of singing she's been doing throughout the tour, effectively bewitching him under her spell once again as he listens patiently to her whining. He smiles sympathetically and wonders if there's any way he could make her feel better.

"How've you been?" he tries, hoping to start a conversation.

"We're flying over to New York in a couple days for our next concert, but we'll have a couple days of rest there before we perform. I'll be stuck alone in the hotel room while the girls have the time of their lives outside," she pouts endearingly, making him chuckle.

"It's because Jisoo unnie is weak!" he hears Lisa in the background, causing Jisoo to roll her eyes and him to let out a light laugh. They fall into a comfortable silence as he take the time to admire her features, from her recently dyed crimson hair to her rosy lips, wondering what it'd feel like to brush his fingers through her hair or to kiss her stress away. If only he was there with her right now.

"Sing me a song," she whispers. It's been their little tradition, to sing each other songs for the other to sleep, especially when one of them was across the world. He complies and lullabies her to sleep, singing for what seems like hours, although she's trying hard to stay awake in order to listen until the end. He notes that her nose twitches from time to time when she tries hard to stay awake. "I wish you were here," she murmurs before her eyes, despite her effort, close on her and she falls into a deep slumber. Smiling sadly, he ends the call - although it pains him to do so - and gets ready to go to Got7's practice room.

Jinyoung tries to practice hard that day, but his mind keeps on drifting to Jisoo, imagining her alone in her room in New York, and he can feel his heartstrings being tugged painfully. He came home that day, completely unfocused and decided to take a cold shower to bring himself back to reality. Jinyoung lays in bed that night, unable to sleep, and decides to fly to New York. Screw practice; his girlfriend was halfway across the world, sick and lonely, and she needed him there. He's never one to do something without thinking twice about it, but when it comes to Jisoo, all sense of right and wrong fly out the window. In the spur of the moment, he books the next flight to New York and falls asleep content, deciding to deal with the problems that will arise tomorrow.

The next morning, he texts Jennie about his plan to surprise Jisoo and asks her to text him the hotel they'll be staying at and the room number. She quickly goes along with his plan without a second thought. He quickly sends a text to Jaebum explaining the situation to him and begins packing for his flight tonight.

The plane ride proceeds quite smoothly, aside from the annoying kid that kept kicking the back of his chair, not allowing him any time to sleep throughout the ride; although it's not like he'd be able to sleep anyways, he's too excited to rest, so he spends most of the flight listening to music. trying to calm his nerves.

Fourteen hours later and he's in New York. He wishes he had planned this beforehand. It dawns on him that he's a complete foreigner, who can't speak english whatsoever, in a country that he isn't accustomed in. He quickly tries to pull himself together and calls on a taxi. Although he can't speak english, he's smart enough to know the basics and shows the driver the address Jennie sent him.

He arrives at the hotel at around 9 PM, and meets Jennie in the lobby just as the girls are stepping out to enjoy their free time. She flashes him a quick smile and greets him, handing him the card to her and Jisoo's shared room, telling him that they should catch up the next day before leaving with Rose and Lisa. He thanks her and waves to the other two girls behind her.

He can only count the number of times he's been so nervous in his life, and this moment is one of them. He's riding the elevator to the fifth level, where Jisoo is staying at in anticipation. His hesitant footsteps can't even be heard in the hallway as he steps lightly toward her room, carrying his backpack, the only luggage he brought since he won't be staying for more than a week, at best. He takes the room card and his hards are slightly shaking as he smoothly slides the card through the door. A click is heard somewhere inside the door, indicating that the door is unlocked. He turns the knob as softly as he can and enters the room.

The first thing he sees is a clump of blankets on the bed farthest away from the door. Only then does he notice the ball of red hair sticking out of the mess of sheets. He silently takes off his shoes, knowing how much Jisoo hates it when people walk into Blackpink's house with shoes on. She isn't any less adamant about it even if it's a hotel.

He strides over to the side of the bed, and when she doesn't make a move, he thinks she's probably asleep. But despite that, he lets out a light, "Hey Sooya." Her head turns toward his direction faster than he believes is humanly possible. A wide smile forms on his face when he sees her eyes widen and slightly ajar. He kneels down to her level and lovingly caresses her cheek, something he's been dying to do for the past two weeks, as she tries to get over her shock.

"What're you doing here?" she manages to croak out, eyes full of curiousity, amazement, adoration, and love.

"You said you wished I was here, so I came," he answers easily, enjoying the warmth her soft cheeks transmit into his frozen hands, "Have you eaten?"

She nods, quickly getting over her shock and finally realizing that he's real and actually there. "Come up here and cuddle with me," she urges him, earning a chuckle in response as he takes off his backpack and climbs onto the bed. She moves closer to him and hides her face in his neck. He lets her rest her head on his stretched out arm and pulls her close; the only thing separating them was the sheets covering her. Nevertheless, their bodies fit together like puzzle pieces. He tells her stories of how the kid on the plane constantly annoyed him and of what he's been up to for the past couple of weeks. Suddenly, she looks up at him, "What about practicing for your comeback? Why'd you come?" "You didn't do something rash, right?" she glares at him.

He nervously chuckles and simply states, "You're more important," earning a smack on the chest from her. He can feel the heat rising to his ears even as he says it. Jisoo's cheeks are now painted with a light blush and she once again hides her face in the crook between his neck. "Go to sleep. You need to rest," he whispers, and before she can protest, he begins singing a lullaby.

Her eyes begin to close and her breathing steadies, and soon, she's fallen asleep. Jinyoung carefully peers down at her, making sure he doesn't wake her up, and plants a gentle kiss on her forehead before letting himself doze off as well, smiling contently.

Jennie, Rose, and Lisa return to the room hours later, only to find the couple in their own little bubble, away from the rest of the world. Jisoo's head tucked safely in the crook of Jinyoung's neck with his arms wrapped protectively around her little frame as her hands clutch onto the material of his shirt. Lisa stands that the doorway, smiling happily at the ccouple as Rose coos at the sight. Jennie doesn't miss the chance to snap a picture of the adorable couple.

"I wish I had a boyfriend who would fly halfway across the world for me," complains Lisa.

Fin.