Almost forgot

Almost forgot

- Tiffany recently moving to LA -  

It was one of those late nights after arriving in LA, moving back to where her love for music began, a new journey awaits. Tiffany was unpacking her stuff in her new house, which consist of a bed, sofa, and table with two chairs. The house was empty and quiet after the girls came to surprise her and help settle down. For the first time Tiffany felt lonely; never living alone since her trainee years in SM. Even after some members started living elsewhere, Tiffany still always have company with her. The only company Tiffany has now are the 2 sleeping dogs and music to keep the loneliness away. Sighing Tiffany stared at the pile of unpacked boxes and wonder where to start, looking around she spotted an old box sitting in the corner of the room. The box had no label unlike the rest, Tiffany couldn’t remember what was inside and how it ended up here, ‘Maybe one of the girls accidentally bought the wrong box’, Tiffany decided to open the box to figure out the owner of the box. To Tiffany’s realization the box belonged to...her, it was filled with various pictures, gifts, and memories of Jessica and herself, memories of their time together came flooding back into her head.  

It had been almost 5 years since Jessica left them...left her. Those days were painful and unbearable, nightmares of Jessica slipping away from her grasp had Tiffany waking up full of tears. Tiffany had thrown everything related to Jessica into the box as it reminded her of the girl she loved, eating pieces of her heart to the point of numbness. Tiffany remembered how she longed for the older girl’s touch and voice, yet unable since the company had strictly prevent any contact with Jessica. It felt like the two had broken up, thus Tiffany had thrown everything related to Jessica into the box as it was too painful having those things remind her the bitter truth that they will never be together again, yet she was unable to throw them away, hoping just hoping that one day she would meet Jessica again.  

The feeling of betrayal, anger, sadness, and… love piled up making it hard to breathe. Tiffany shut her eyes, hands clutching her chest where the pain began to spread again in her heart. After her heart had manage to calm itself, Tiffany reached down and picked up a photo of Jessica and herself holding hands on stage during their duet 'caramel coffee', a fan had managed to frame and give as a gift for the two as a memorial for the success of their first official duet song. The fun and hard times the two had working on the song and singing it for the fans and especially for themselves, the song held so many meanings that Tiffany could describe, yet Jessica was able to perfectly understand her. ‘Hey yo partner!  No need to say’ was written on the frame. Tiffany smiled bitterly, it had been too long since they met, let alone sang together.  

Putting the photo back into the box, Tiffany felt her finger brush against something cold and held up a ring, their couple ring, it was the ring they had won the ‘Best Friend Award’ on Pops in Seoul radio session the two had attended together. It was the first couple item the two shared had the members teased the duo for the whole week. ‘I love you Jessica, please be my wife! - Sooyoung exclaimed while pretending to be Tiffany, while Yoona squealing YES YES! As if she was Jessica.’ To others it had been a joke and small gesture, but for Tiffany and Jessica it was much more. The bond between had made the two become inseparable from each other, there was no Tiffany without Jessica, or the other way around.  

Tiffany stopped smiling as memories of the day Jessica announcing her departure, and when the younger girl tried to persuade...begged for Jessica to stay, the latter gave her a strained smile, the smile Jessica would give when she tries to mask her sadness. It hurts seeing how Jessica wouldn't tell Tiffany anything and simply walked out leaving Tiffany alone. ‘Do you not trust me? Am I not enough to make you stay? At least stand side by side and fight...Or do you not... love me anymore?’ all those questions ran through Tiffany's mind every day for the past 3 years, before she finally left the company and moved back to LA for a fresh start, forgetting everything that had happen.  

Yet, Tiffany knew that no matter how long, how hard she tries, she will never be able to forget her love for Jessica. Just almost…, buried somewhere in her heart but never gone. Whether it was the box that brought back all the memories, or the pictures and post Tiffany would see once in a while on social media how happy Jessica is, as if the latter had completely forgotten Tiffany would constantly remind her of their past. Once again holding up the photo of Jessica, Tiffany couldn't help but let out a cry, and emotions of how much she longed for Jessica all these times. Tiffany could only wish to rewind back to those days with all the girls and Jessica. 

 

 

Thank you for reading! Sorry for the shortness, still rusty with writing!