Let's Go Home

Last minute

"LET GO! LET ME GO LEE CHAEYON!" Sakura trashed violently as she worked on her fourth attempt to break free of an equally persistent and strong armored hand, yanking her further and further away from the crumbling sanctuary, further and further away from the *oh* so called savior light, further away from yet another persona who had caringly raised the brunette mage whilst the senpai's growing adolescence needs. Sakura let out a mournful squall as her guardian finally managed to snatch her weakened body on air. Still refusing to leave, Sakura took one last knife up her sleeve, striking its sharp edge over Chaeyon's metal arm guard like mad.

Chaeyon hissed in frustration, the last thing she wanted is for her maiden mage to gut herself up. The guardian flared her inner berserker, to keep the mad mage on her one hand grip while the other one went to stop Sakura's dangerous action. "Ugh!" Chaeyon missed her aim and the blade pierced her palm, the blade immediately froze and turned her whole palm blue in an instant. The guardian instinctively, but not roughly, retracted her right palm away from her asssailant. The maiden mage had used her last amount of magic, but even then--the blue ice kept creeping up her elbow. It looked bad, that much Chaeyon could tell. She might not feel any pain, only numbness and persistent tingling, due to the berserker attribute. "Aish!" Shattering glass and cracking metal, the ashblonde recklessly took one of her elixir injection supplies; wasting it effectively. Chaeyon ripped off her right shoulder pad exposing the skin beneath, she wouldn't want to waste another injection so she got to make sure the next one works. The warrior stabbed the green liquid right on her deltoid. The ice trails slowly subsided, and the whipping ice thorns halted; it slowly laid low encircling the guardian's arm--and for the first time in a long time, Chaeyon sighed in defeat. The moment her berserker trait was turned off, her hand will felt worse than hell; the blonde would expect herself to faint--she even had to accept should her bewitched arm be gone forever.

The ground underneath shook terribly. The cursed sanctuary had yet gave them another warning to leave.

"Senpai..." Sakura writhed, she crawled her way back towards the Sanctuary's center.

"Kkura ya..." her heart sank and the sight. Clearly, Sakura had exhausted her mana and body to be in such weakened state. Chaeyon didn't blame her, the monsters' ambush they encountered last morning left them with no choice of hourly demanding defence-counter strategy. They could not attack and seize the monsters rally, the risk was too great, they have lost half of their squad, and their leader scrambled away; literally leaving them to die. Chaeyon bet the two of them were among the last fortunate survivors. If not for Yui sunbaenim's take over, the squad would've suffered more damage and today might be their last day on this dying world.

Without further ado, Chaeyon reached the desperate mage and carefully injected the last elixir she got to Sakura's neck; that too, Sakura came with resistance. She trashed about and yet another quick chant was made. Fortunately Chaeyon got the upper hand with her berserker strength, she subdued the mage easily. The counter mana substance of the elixir works perfectly to knock a mage unconscious.

Sakura would definetly hated her after this. Consequences be damned, she'd rather got frozen solid under the mage's ice coffin spells than not be able to see the maiden mage anymore. Yui sunbaenim had sacrificed herself to create opening for the last few survivors, Chaeyon would respect the senior mage specialist decision.

The guardian then carried the unconscious mage over her shoulder. Chaeyon summoned her wings and took a mad dash out of the sanctuary.