Meeting at the Black market

Against The Fate - The Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anir looked back to see the tall figure disappear to the forest and an unnoticeable glint appeared in her eyes and disappeared just as fast as it came. She shut the door and went to the room on the second floor which she has been coveting for a long time. Despite the church being considerably huge in size, the tall and dense forest completely hid it from view. Even her messenger hawks would have a hard time locating it.  

The room she chose was furnished with vintage furniture and had a mysterious yet cozy feel. After unpacking her things, Anir went out to explore the interior of the church. It was her first time freely roaming here despite her coming here all the time. She found this room with great difficulty before. She had to wait until that demon go out as he was fiercely possessive of his territory. She really didn’t want to get on his bad side. In her eyes, Sehun was the ultimate embodiment of a Demon Lord. Especially with the way he carries himself. So cold, so noble and so graceful! How nice it is to have an eye candy close by. 

There was another reason she chose to hide in here. With Sehun being a little anti-social, he could chase away any unwanted person that wanted to find her. Even though he was reluctant to have her stay in the church, he was ultimately a gentleman. She got to know this while observing him for almost three years. 

[But I have a feeling that he’s letting me have my way…] she thought. Whenever and whatever she decided to make trouble, Sehun grumbles but usually indulges her. Not to mention, he saved her a handful of times until now. 

The sudden realization made her shiver in goosebumps. [Is he… a thundere?!] 

After thinking for a while, she shook her head and scolded herself for the absurd thoughts. [Anyway, I must find out the limit. I’m not afraid of him, but I don’t want him to become my enemy. He’s useful to me... EYE CANDY!] With this thought, she continued her exploration. But no matter where she went, she couldn’t find Sehun’s room. In fact, none of the rooms seemed to have an owner and was covered with thick dust.  

[Does he live in the hall?] She thought as she sneezed almost until her consciousness fade. [First of all, I need these clouds of dust to disappear,] she covered her nose with her handkerchief and looked around in disapproval. But she didn’t want to do it herself. 

Anir returned to her room and picked up a round pill, leather bag, and knife. Despite her irresistible urge to discover Sehun’s dark secrets, she had more pressing matters at the moment. Like finding servants. And securing a constant supply of life necessities. 

She touched her face when she saw her reflection in the mirror and sighed. [If I get out like this, I’ll certainly get caught by Hoseok.] 

She then pulled out her make-up bag and shoulder-length caramel-colored wig. As she was already an expert in concealing her identity, it would be impossible for even Hoseok who was beside her for a long time, to recognize her. She was sure that Hoseok would notice her disappearance by dinner time. That’s why she couldn’t risk revealing herself.  

Anir nodded in satisfaction after seeing her complete transformation and left the church without worry. 

As she was here for almost 5 years, she knew her surrounding like her five fingers. Even though Smallville exists in its isolation and not many people come here, its neighbor town Dragonville is famous for its black market. You can find anything from clothing, herbs, furniture to poison, weapons, slaves, etc.  

You may wonder how the Smallville manages to exist beside such a tyrannical location. The rumor says that once upon a time, these two towns’ leaders made a pact to never meddle with each other’s business. Thanks to this, the tiny little Smallville lives in peace. To be frank, Smallville was like a pet to Dragonville.  

Anir made her way to the Dragonville without hesitation. Upon her arrival, she realized the town was bursting with a crowd, more than usual. She made detours through the black market in hope of gathering information. [Is there some kind of an event coming up?] The last time she came here was 3 weeks ago when she purchased some poison ingredients.  

As she walked around, she found out, two weeks ago, the mysterious man came and requested the village head to hold an auction to take place tonight. Apparently, there was no information on what the good was, but everyone was very excited.  

[Aww~ Humans are adorable. Just look at them getting excited over some mystery] she thought to herself while chuckling. 

While walking around she unluckily got caught in a bloody fight between opposing gangs of the town, Dragon Slayers and Fire Phoenix.  

“You waste of skin! It’s our, Dragon Slayer’s territory. I don’t care what business you have here. Just scram already! Looking at your ugly face makes me want to puke out all the food I ate!” someone hollered as he threw a fist-sized stone towards the man wearing a fire emblem on his chest. As he threw the object, he lost his balance on the random ball, which was resulted in it changing its direction. If it stopped there, that would have been fine. But the stone was dangerously flying towards Anir who previously only looked at the commotion for a while and turned around to leave as she had more important things to do.  

She didn't have time to dodge. [This is not ideal.] She was angry at herself for neglecting her daily practice. Her reaction speed was too slow!

When she finally braced herself, another stone came flying and collided with the incoming rock. 

Everything happened in a few seconds. People who were engrossed in watching the collision of the stones in the air came to their senses. Seeing no important people get hurt, two opposing gangs continued to fight between themselves. 

Anir quickly looked around and found the person she was waiting for. She smilingly greeted the teenager who was walking towards her, "Heejun. As expected. Plus one point for the grand entrance."

Heejun blushed and gazed at her with fervent worship. "Did you intentionally not dodge?"

"... Of course." Anir didn't feel an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter