final

older
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

enjoy.

-

"I know it's better to let someone go..." 

That damn phrase hurt. Perhaps a bit too much. It had two meanings for her, and both were equally painful. 

A bittersweet smile was on her lips as all the memories her mothers told her about replayed in her head, inevitably getting a small sob out of her lips. She felt hurt, ashamed and she regretted so many things. If only she could turn back time.

A 19-year-old Joohyun wiped her tears of happiness when she heard Seungwan say yes. She stood up from her kneeling position and hugged the girl tightly.

"I love you, I love you, I love you. I promise I will make you the happiest woman on earth, no matter what other people say", she whispered in her ears feeling an enormous joy in her chest.

Seungwan looked up at her with glossy eyes and planted a kiss on her lips, full of love and emotion, her heart beating at full speed.

“I love you so much, Joohyun”, her bottom lip was trembling as she pronounced those words.

The older girl wiped Seungwan’s tears with the pad of her thumb and gave her that crooked big smile of hers. Seungwan loved how it tilted to the left every time, she loved every single detail about Joohuyn.

“Thank you, Seungwan”, she engulfed her in her arms once more.

Their parents had a hard time when both girls announced their engagement. They thought they were too young and needed more time to get to know each other and prepare to spend their lifetime with each other.

“You’re just two teenagers in love, Joohyun. You don’t know any better”, her father looked at her with a stern yet soft look on his face.

Joohyun clenched her fist and shook her head.

“I know what I’m feeling, dad. I love Seungwan and I want to spend the rest of my life with her, I don’t care if we’re too young like you say, we love each other and that’s all that matters”, she looked at both of her parents with determination.

The older couple sighed, they knew their daughter wouldn’t change her mind.

“Joohyun”, her mother approached her and gave her a hug. “Just try not to get hurt, sweetie. If you’re happy then I am too but I hope you know what you’re doing, yeah?”, she asked with glossy eyes as she looked at her daughter. She had grown up so much, one moment she could barely walk on her own and now she was engaged. As a mother it was a painfully happy sight to witness her kid grow up into an amazing young woman, and as much as she disagreed with her decision she was proud of her and would support her.

Seungwan’s parents were not so different from Joohyun’s.

Her mother looked at her with an unreadable expression just like her father.

“Seungwan”, her mother finally spoke. “I can’t tell you what to do but I can say that I’m not okay with this. Where do you see yourself in 10 years, huh? Do you think you and Joohyun will last? Honey, you’re only 18, this is crazy, please-“

“Mom”, Seungwan interrupted her. “I’m sorry but I already made a decision. I’m going to marry Joohyun, I love her and she loves me. I just wanted to let you know, if you don’t support my decision that’s fine but I do hope you’ll be there in the future”, she smiled with a mixture of sadness and happiness.

Her father stood from his seat and looked at her with the tiniest smile.

“Seungwan, my precious daughter, you know your mother and I love you and just want the best for you, don’t you? This age can be tricky, you think you know things but you don’t, sweetie. You have a lot to learn but I’m sure you know that, and...”, he looked at his wife and grabbed her hand at the same time he grabbed Seungwan’s. “If you want to learn this way then fine, that’s what you are going to do because even though you’re young that’s what life is about. I hope you’re happy, darling, and I wish you the best. Try not to get hurt, Seungwan”, he smiled and the latter threw her arms around her parents, squishing them tightly blinking to keep the tears in place.

“Thank you, thank you. I love you guys”, she sniffled.

“We love you too”, her mother whispered kissing the top of her head.

Happiness was always there the first years, nothing could break them apart. Joohyun and Seungwan felt like the luckiest people in the world, they had each other and a beautiful baby on the way.

Two years after they got married they decided to start a family despite people’s comments... again.

Joohyun felt the happiest. She was almost out of college and had already started her own business which looked promising. Seungwan on the other hand opted for focusing on her dream, she had always wanted to become a singer and Joohyun always encouraged her to pursue her dreams and even though she hadn’t a contract she had her small amount of people that believed in her and that was enough for her. She had everything she wanted and she did not mind putting her dreams on hold to start a family with Joohyun. The feeling of having a human being growing inside of her brought so much joy.

She watched with shiny eyes the way Joohyun talked to their baby in that silly voice, the way she kissed her belly and brought her whatever weird cravings she was having. Joohyun was the perfect woman for her and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

“Have I ever told I love you so so much?”, Seungwan asked Joohyun one time they were cuddling in bed with Joohuyn’s head on her chest as the latter rubbed her big belly.

“Hmm I don’t know, have you?”, Joohyun looked up at her with a playful smile. Seungwan laughed and put her hand on Joohyun’s cheek, her eyes never leaving hers.

“Well, I do. A lot”, she motioned for Joohyun to get closer and the latter obeyed right away.

“I love you too, Wannie. You’re the love of my life”, Joohyun closed her eyes before pressing her soft lips against Seungwan’s.

They kissed slowly with so much love because that’s all they felt in that moment. They would never get tired of each other.

“And you’re mine, Hyun. You’re mine”, she smiled against her lips.

“Sooyoung will be here in two weeks, Wan”, Joohyun said touching her clothed stomach with cold fingertips.

“I know, I’m so nervous”, Seungwan confesses and Joohuyn kissed the top of her hand for reassurance.

“It’ll be okay, babe. You’ll see”, Joohyun’s smile comforted Seungwan in so many ways she didn’t know how it was possible to feel at ease just by looking at her. “And I’ll be there every step of the way”, she said the last part with all seriousness.

“You are the best, Joohyun. Thank you for being my wife”, Seungwan chuckled and Joohyun mimicked her actions.

“It’s my pleasure really. I’m lucky to have you”, her eyes showed Seungwan she was telling the truth and she felt her heart flutter in her chest.

She wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s neck and pulled her closer.

A five-year-old Sooyoung jumped on her mommies’ bed as the sun welcomes another day.

Joohyun groaned in her sleep at the sudden movement on the bed while Seungwan woke up almost right away. She opened her eyes and rubbed them as she sat down on the bed and looked at her daughter who looked so fresh as if it wasn’t seven in the morning.

“Good morning, mommy!”, she greeted cheerfully crawling to her mommy’s lap. 

Seungwan smiled and welcomed her daughter in her arms and showered her with little kisses all over the little girl’s face and the latter squealed and laughed waving her little arms in the air trying to get away.

“Mommy, stop!”, her giggles filled the room and soon enough a sleepy Joohyun rose her head from under the pillow.

She looked at her wife and daughter as she yawned. As soon as the little girl heard noise coming from her mama’s side of the bed she turned her head and jumped on Joohyun.

“Mama!”, little Sooyoung yelled with the same amount of energy and Joohyun smiled.

“Hello there, princess”, she kissed her cheek and hugged the little girl.

“Mommy come here, join us!”, Sooyoung waved her hand and Seungwan chuckled at how adorable she was. She scooted closer to Joohyun’s side and the latter raised her free arm to welcome her as well and soon they were all together just like every morning.

These past five years both women had grown a lot. Seungwan’s career was going extremely well just like Joohyun’s business. Seungwan had already been signed to a label and had a big amount of listeners that had grown over the years while Joohuyn’s company was one of the top in the market. Things were really looking up to them and they couldn’t be happier.

Joohyun and Seungwan shared a kiss in front of their daughter who just made a disgusted face before trying to pull her moms away from each other.

“That’s gross!”, she said once the couple stopped kissing.

“Hmm I’ll ask you the same in a few years, Joy”, Seungwan calles her daughter by her English name and the little girl pouted and crossed her arms.

“I’ll never kiss anyone! That’s gross, eww”, she stuck out her tongue pretending to throw up and both women laughed.

“You’re right, Miss. No one will steal you away from me”, Joohyun said proudly of her five year old’s words.

“Yes, mama”, Sooyoung nodded and laid her small body on Joohyun’s body. The woman kissed her daughter’s head and looked up at her wife with a smile.

No one knew when things started t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter