The Master

Insatiable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wonyoung and Minjoo were in the study room, sitting on the couch across each other. The younger had promised to teach Minjoo the basics of vampire life so they weren't expecting Sakura to join them.

"I'm bored." The master excused, taking the couch that Minjoo sat since Wonyoung had both her legs up on her side. Wonyoung ignored the japanese.

"So where we were again?"

"How to tame the thirst."

"Ah, yeah." She blinked, turning to Sakura with an awkward smile. The japanese was busy with her console and Wonyoung let out a long sigh before turning to Minjoo.

"So there are two ways to tame your thirst; either drink liquid blood or blood tablet. There are hospitals that provide us with blood packs and you can buy blood tablets from certain pharmacy chains."

"How about humans?" Minjoo asked, "Don't you drink directly from humans?" 

“Well, we do. Though there are laws about that to prevent us, vampires, attacking the humans. I’ll give you the document later, but basically, you can bite anyone as long as they give you consent.”

Minjoo contemplated for a while before stealing a glance at the Japanese. “What about masters?”

“They shouldn’t bite humans because they have the power to turn, like what happened to you, so most of the time they bite their servant or family; any vampires with or without consent.”

“Would it be the same with fellow vampires?”

“We can feed to vampires or willing humans, but not to masters.”

“So it shouldn’t be a problem that I bit Yujin?”

Wonyoung took a deep breath, her eyes nervously glancing at Sakura who showed no response though she knew the master heard that because her characters kept making mistake in the game.

It didn’t take long until her character died and Sakura finally put her console down. “So you bit Yujin?” she asked.

“Um, it was my first thirst and I didn’t know about blood pack at that time, so yes.”

“When?”

“The night after our last spar.”

Sakura turned to Wonyoung. That night, she was feeding to Wonyoung so it was no wonder she didn’t smell Yujin’s blood in the air.

“Did I do something wrong?” Minjoo carefully asked, totally oblivious with Sakura’s change of mood.

The Japanese put the console on the table before standing up. “Next time, don’t bite anyone.” She said, leaving the room without looking back.

“Yes, I’ll take the blood pack next time.” Minjoo answered to no one, staring at the closed door that Sakura just went through.

Wonyoung could only sigh.

“Hello, my little jelly.” Eunbi greeted, winking playfully at Minjoo who was on the register.

The vampire sighed loudly.

“Please stop teasing me.” Minjoo then read the detective’s mind, “And no, I won’t ask where Miss Sakura is.”

“Tch. You’re such a mood killer.” She leaned on the counter, “Kkura has been ignoring my text since yesterday. She must be in a bad mood.”

Minjoo couldn’t hide her interest as her ears perked at the information. “Really?”

Eunbi nodded. “I wonder why, though. The hospital just re-stocked the packs so she should be fine, right?” She then turned to the younger woman, “Do you know something?”

Minjoo tried to ignore her. Even if I know I wouldn’t tell you.

“Ah, I wished I could read people’s minds too.”

“Miss Eunbi.” Minjoo warned, eyes wide as she glanced at Chaewon who sat on the bar playing with her phone.

“Nah, she won’t hear.” Eunbi finally stood up straight, reading the menu then turned to Minjoo. “I want green tea milkshake with extra whipped cream, medium. I don’t feel like staying indoors today.”

Please log in to read the full chapter