II. Why Now?

Hearts Broken to Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

II. Why Now?

 

    For what it felt like forever, Yixing had been quietly standing at the corner of the hospital room. He had no idea how he did it, but somehow Ming Hao was able to arrange one of the most private rooms. This didn't surprise him though. Having been working with him for over six years, he had witnessed how his driver and bodyguard accomplished things for him in impossible situations.

He had been in the room for almost ten minutes, staying in that corner all the time. Not knowing if he had the strength to see her up-close, Yixing chose to stay at the corner. He was struggling to be in the room as it is.

Coming up in the room had been challenging enough for him. He had to muster up a lot of courage to be able to get out of the car and go up.

He almost drove away but after battling with himself, concern won out. And he hated himself for that. He didn't bother taking off his mask and the cap that was helping cover his face. He wanted to be prepared in case all things became too much for him.

There was a time where he would be beside her right away, holding her hands and would have given everything to make sure she was okay. That time has passed through.

Three years.

It had been almost three years since this woman left him without much of a goodbye. Aside from her family, no one knew her whereabouts. It was like aside from them, she cut off everyone in her life and disappeared.

"How is she?" he quietly asked the other man, eyes still on the woman lying unconscious on the bed.

Ming Hao had been talking to the doctor outside of the room, giving him the chance to sneak in.

"The doctor said she's doing fine. She needs a lot of rest though." He took a moment before going on. "Her anxiety level is seriously high according to the doctor. He thinks that's what caused her to pass out."

He remained emotionless, however in his mind, he had questions.

What the hell happened?

"Yixing?" Ming Hao called to him when all he did was stare at bed.

Having witnessed everything Yixing had been through for the past two years, he knew his bodyguard and friend was worried about him. He saw him in one of the lowest points in his life.

Ming Hao was the one who picked him up when the family of the woman who left him refused to give him anything. Even when he begged. He was with him when he went to different places in the world, hoping to find Lisa.

Every drunken night and lost moments, Ming Hao was at his side. Right now, his mind was probably coming up with a bunch of ideas on how to handle him after they get out of this hospital.

Aside from his closest friends, Ming Hao was the one who witnessed his broken heart. And how he put himself together.

Even after a long moment of staring at him, Yixing still couldn't believe she was back.

"She's back," he breathed out, like saying out loud with someone to hear will make it more real.

"Yeah."

"After two years, she's back. But why do I feel that she's not really here though? That the person lying in that bed is a totally different person."

Ming Hao didn't say anything. But really, what else could he say? Yixing knew he was as confused as him.

Among other things, the first thing he noticed was Lisa's hair. Her previous short hair was now past her shoulders.

"I don't like growing my hair," she told him once when he suggested he grew her out. "It takes a lot of work."

That clearly changed.

A knock came on the door. Ming Hao went on to open it, revealing Taew.

He turned to her. She was wearing a T-shirt and yoga pants. Since she wasn't her usual put-together self, she must have come here in a hurry. If she was surprised at seeing her friend, Yixing couldn't really tell. Taew was the best in concealing her emotions. Instead of going to her friend as he expected, she stood next to him. Perhaps just like him, she was still processing the fact that Lisa was in front of them.

"I saw Lance outside," his friend softly informed him. "I think it's her doctor he's talking to."

He said nothing but nodded his head.

Silence filled the room, none of them saying anything. Both lost in their own thoughts.

He looked at Ming Hao, the silence starting to frustrate him. "We should probably go."

There was nothing they could do for her an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter