00:05

After Midnight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsu was sitting at a small table in a secluded corner of “Byul Book's Cafè” when she heard it. Or like, heard them.

Almost shouting, with cusses trown around, a couple of table ahead diagonally, there was a couple. It was not the first time she saw them, so they were regulars. Still, it was the first time she saw them like that, usually always glued together and being disgustingly saccarine. It was too late for that, in a place she considered like a nest of heaven.

Still, this time it was interesting.

Byul Book's Cafè was a small coffee bar, open from early morning 'till the deep of the night and sometimes closing near the beginning of the day (so that made 4am the maximum time of the shop's closure, almost like 24h coffee bar but not exactly the same) and full, full of books.

Almost every wall of the shop was adorned with shelves and shelves full of books; the ceiling wasn't so high, around 3 meters, so nothing too extraordinary, but the dimmed and soffused warm lightings, with mahogany tables and pillowed and comfy sofà's chair of burgundy colours, made it very, very appealing.

The only wall that wasn't like that, it was the bar's counter wall. With the coffee machines, shelves with sweets and desserts and even a bit of alcohol too. And of course, the cash register, where a sweet looking (although sleepy at this time of the day) guy stood.

She found it barely three months ago, in a rainy night to seek refuge from the impervious water's drop, while out in a relaxing walk. It was around midnight that time too.

Insomnia is really a pain in the .

Tonight, rain is again falling and painting the shop's windows with tears; the sound of the drops are so relaxing to hear, together with a book readings. So calm, so p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter