Let's practice dating!

Let's go on a date!


There are two girls in a cafe sitting in front of each other, staring seriously at each other's face. They both looked nervous and worried. The girl with a shorter hair kept on tapping her fingers on the table, while the other fluffy girl kept on wagging her foot. 

 

They've been quiet for a while, no one dares to speak as they both in a deep thought. The girl on the left kept on biting her lips, while the other one kept on sighing non stop.

 

"Chaeyeon..." 

 

"Sakura..."

 

The two spoke up the same time. They finally broke the silence, and decided to talk about their problems. 

 

"You are going to help me right?" Sakura asked.

 

"Of course." Chaeyeon replied quickly.

 

"And you're helping me too right?" She added.

 

"Of course, I will." Sakura replied.

 

The two best friends stared at each other like they already knew what each one are thinking of. They already knew that there's a problem going on.

 

"So, what's the problem?" Chaeyeon asked first.

 

"You tell me first, what's wrong?" Sakura asked.

 

"I asked first." Chaeyeon insisted.

 

"I want to know your problem first." Sakura also insisted.

 

"Okay, let's just say it together in count of three." Chaeyeon said.

 

"1... 2... 3..."

 

"I'm going on a date with Hyewon." Sakura said.

 

"I'm going on a date with Minju." Chaeyeon said.

 

They just put their palm on their faces as soon as they heard one another. What a coincidence that they both have the same problem.

 

"When?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

"Tomorrow." Sakura replied.

 

"Same." Chaeyeon sighed.

 

The two looked gloomy for some reason, instead of being excited about their first date they feel nervous and scared. They've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Sakura has crush on Hyewon ever since they were on junior high school. While Chaeyeon has been Minju's admirer ever since the girl transferred to their school. 

 

"What should we do?" Sakura asked worriedly.

 

"I don't know. It's my first date." Chaeyeon said.

 

"Same." Sakura sighed.

 

"I don't want to mess this up, I've been waiting for Minju to notice me all this years." Chaeyeon said worriedly.

 

"I'm also looking forward everyday to get Hyewon's attention. I don't want to lose this opportunity." Sakura said worriedly.

 

The two kept on spacing out as they tried to collect themselves.

 

"I have an idea!" Chaeyeon suddenly spoke up.

 

"What?" Sakura quickly asked.

 

"Let's go on a date!" Chaeyeon excitedly said.

 

"Whaaat?! Are you serious?" Sakura said in Chaeyeon's silly idea.

 

"Listen. We can practice dating today, so we won't messed our real date tomorrow." Chaeyeon happily said.

 

"It's not a bad idea but are you sure you want to date me?" Sakura asked.

 

"Hey, it's just a fake date. I know you're disgusted with me but this is for our future." Chaeyeon teasingly said.

 

"Who said I'm disgusted with you?!" Sakura yelled at her.

 

"I'm just kidding! I know you love me!" Chaeyeon jokingly said.

 

"And who said that I love you?" Sakura back.

 

"I hate you." Chaeyeon said while giving Sakura a sad look. 

 

"I'm just kidding. If only you're not my best friend I would love to date you." Sakura jokingly said.

 

"And only if you're not in love with someone else I would date you too." Chaeyeon replied on her teasing.

 

The two looked at each other for a moment and burst into laughter. They never missed to annoy each other, but are always happy together.

 

"So, Sakura let's pretend I'm not your best friend right now." Chaeyeon said.

 

"Okay." Sakura replied.

 

Chaeyeon stood up from her sit and grabbed Sakura's hand. Sakura looked at her confusingly.

 

"Miyawaki Sakura, Let's go on a date." Chaeyeon confidently said while looking at Sakura.

 

"Fine." Sakura stood up from her sit and faced Chaeyeon.

 

They just stood in front of each other while exchanging smiles, as if they are really into each other. 

 

"Let's go!" Chaeyeon excitedly said.

 

The two went out the cafe and started to walk. Both of them were already in the acting mode, pretending they were on a real date.

 

"Where do you want to go first... Minju?" Chaeyeon said looking at Sakura.

 

Sakura almost laughed when she heard Chaeyeon called her Minju. She thinks that Chaeyeon is taking the drama seriously.

 

"Hmm... Wherever Hyewon wants, I'll go with her." Sakura ride on Chaeyeon's drama and started to pretend she's with Hyewon.

 

"Okay then, let's go to an arcade shop. I know someone is dying to go there... I mean you would love that place, Minju-ah." Chaeyeon happily said.

 

"I love it! I mean I think I will like that place." Sakura trying to hide her excitement.

 

"Let's go." Chaeyeon said.

 

The two went to a big arcade place. As soon as they entered Sakura's eyes were already sparkling in happiness, while Chaeyeon is looking at her feeling satisfied.

 

Sakura excitedly lead Chaeyeon on different game machines. They first tried the gun shooting game, Sakura is really good at that game. Second is the car racing game, as always Chaeyeon is no match with her date. Third is the arcade machine, they played together and ended up with a sulky Chaeyeon. 

 

Lastly they tried the claw machine, and finally Chaeyeon gained herself. She's better with Sakura on that game. She got a total of five plushies while Sakura didn't get any. They give away three plushies to the kids that are watching them. 

 

They went out the arcade shop with Sakura feeling very satisfied and happy.

 

"Where are we going next Chae... Hyewon-ah?" Sakura asked like a kid.

 

"Hmm you decide." Chaeyeon smilingly said.

 

"Let's go on a Karaoke Bar! Someone is excited to go there, I mean I'm excited to go there." Sakura happily said.

 

"That's a good idea! I love it! I mean I haven't there for so long, so yeah let's go." Chaeyeon said trying to hide her smile. 

 

"Let's go!" Sakura said.

 

They went to the Karaoke bar near them. Chaeyeon excitedly entered the room like a kid. She quickly grabbed the microphone and picked a song. Sakura is looking at her feeling satisfied. 

 

They both started to sing and dance. They had fun and went crazy singing their favourite songs. They forgot that they were supposed to be on a date, but instead enjoyed each other's company. Two hours already passed until they felt tired and sat on the couch leaning on each other. 

 

"This is really fun Saku... Minju-ah." Chaeyeon giggles.

 

"I know you're crazy. I mean it's crazy." Sakura said and giggles.

 

The two left the place happily. Now they are wondering on the street, still undecided where to go next. 

 

"Where should we go next?" Chaeyeon smilingly asked.

 

"I'm hungry." Sakura replied.

 

"Me too." Chaeyeon added.

 

"Let's go on a donut shop!" The two said simultaneously.

 

As they walked on the way to their favourite donut shop, the weather becomes colder as the sun already set. Chaeyeon noticed that Sakura is feeling cold and kept on rubbing her hands. She slowly moved closer to Sakura and held the cold girl's hand.

 

Sakura looked at her in surprise. Chaeyeon trying to act innocent and won't look back at her but Sakura won't take her eyes off to her. 

 

"What??" Chaeyeon asked coldly.

 

"What do you mean what? What is this?" Sakura lifted their hands.

 

Chaeyeon won't let go of her hand even Sakura is already complaining. She feel shy inside but she really want to hold hands with the girl.

 

"Why? You don't want to hold hands with Hyewon?" Chaeyeon kept her cold face.

 

"I... I do." Sakura said while looking away.

 

"Okay, because I also want to hold Minju's hand when we walked together." Chaeyeon said while also looking away.

 

"Fine..." Sakura whispered.

 

The two continued walking holding each other's hand. They kept quiet as they both feel awkward. They reached the shop after few minutes.

 

They quickly forgot the awkwardness from earlier and happily went inside the shop. They ordered the same thing as always. They sit in front of each other while munching their favourite donuts. 

 

They happily chatted and forgot about the fake date again. Chaeyeon as always will steal a bite on Sakura's donut while the other girl will get annoyed on her. On revenge she will take all the donut and won't share any to Chaeyeon until she begged for forgiveness and act cute in front of her best friend.

 

After she made Sakura smile with her cute face, she will get her share. The two won't stop laughing as they both teasing each other non stop. They finished eating after an hour and decided to leave the shop. 

 

The two were still not done with teasing and won't stop pushing each other in the street like kids. Chaeyeon pushed Sakura really hard, and the other girl almost lose her balance. Good thing Chaeyeon managed to grabbed her, saving her from falling.

 

Their laughter suddenly fades away as they got stocked on an awkward position. Chaeyeon is holding her in the waist, while Sakura's arms were wrapped on Chaeyeon's neck. They are looking at each other eyes, feeling one another's heart beat. 

 

"What??" Chaeyeon asked hiding her panic.

 

"What do you mean what?" Sakura also looked uneasy.

 

"Why are you staring at me like... like..." Chaeyeon gulped and can't continue her words.

 

"Like... like what?" Sakura replied nervously.

 

"Like you like m-" Chaeyeon didn't finish her words.

 

"This is how I will look at Hyewon.." Sakura replied awkwardly.

 

"Sorry... I forgot." Chaeyeon said while blushing.

 

"And.. can you please let go of me." Sakura complains as she tried to get herself together.

 

"Fine." Chaeyeon quickly removed her hands from Sakura and pushed her away.

 

"Tsss. Why did you bother catching me?" Sakura got annoyed as Chaeyeon suddenly pushed her away.

 

"Of course, I won't let Minju fall and hurt herself." Chaeyeon braggingly said.

 

The two walked a bit far from each other as they still feel annoyed. They continued walking for five minutes until they both stopped and looked at each other.

 

"Are we going home?" Sakura asked.

 

"Up to you." Chaeyeon replied with a cold shoulder.

 

"Fine. Let's end this fake date now." Sakura replied and walked ahead.

 

Chaeyeon followed her with an annoyed face. They walked to the bus station. They are standing far from each other as they wait for the bus to arrive.

 

"Fake date. Fake date. Are you going to show tantrums in front of your date." Sakura thought to herself while frowning.

 

"Tsss. Are you going to be rude in front of your date." Chaeyeon thought to herself while frowning.

 

After a few minutes of ignoring each other, their eyes accidentally met. As soon as they noticed each other's eyes, they quickly looked away while making faces on the opposite sides.

 

The bus arrived and they both sat at the end row, sitting oppositely with each other. They are looking outside the window, appreciating the night view of the streets. They both feel tired as they did a lot of things the whole day. 

 

Chaeyeon can see Sakura from the window's reflection. She can't help but stare at the girl. She saw Sakura already closing her eyes, and starting to lose her balance.

 

She slowly moved beside her. Sakura opened her eyes and angrily looked at Chaeyeon.

 

"Are you sleepy?" Chaeyeon asked in a sweet tone. Sakura quickly changed her expression and nodded.

 

Chaeyeon pulled her head and leaned it to her shoulders. Sakura comfortably leaned on Chaeyeon's shoulder and fell asleep. Chaeyeon smilingly leaned her head on the sleeping girl's head.

 

After 20 minutes Chaeyeon woke up Sakura as they are getting off the bus.

 

"Sakura, wake up." Chaeyeon carefully tapped Sakura's face.

 

"Are we here?" Sakura said as she opened her eyes.

 

"Not yet, but we're getting off here." Chaeyeon said and grabbed Sakura's hand as they went out the bus.

 

Sakura still feel sleepy walking beside Chaeyeon. She held the other girls hand and interlocks hands with her. Chaeyeon didn't react as she don't want to annoy the girl again.

 

"Where are we going?" Sakura asked.

 

"We're almost there." Chaeyeon replied.

 

They walked a bit more until they arrived in front of a big fountain. The lights in the fountain kept on changing colours and dancing beautifully.

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon both looked at it in awe. They been wanting to go at the place for too long but they can't find a perfect time for it. Now, they are finally in front of it holding each other's hands.

 

"Woahhhh! It's really pretty." Chaeyeon looking amazed.

 

"Just like you." Sakura said smilingly.

 

"What did you say?" Chaeyeon asked as she barely heard it.

 

"Nothing." Sakura whispered.

 

"Do you want to bring Minju here?" Sakura asked.

 

"Yes." She gave a short reply.

 

Sakura just nodded and looked back at the dancing fountain. 

 

"Okay. Let's end our fake date now by confessing our feelings to our dates." Chaeyeon said.

 

"Fine. You go first." Sakura said.

 

Chaeyeon faced Sakura and held both of her hands. She looked nervous but Sakura found her very charming at the moment. They both went to their own roles.

 

"Minju-ah, I've been liking you ever since you transferred in our school..." Chaeyeon suddenly stopped and hit her head. 

 

"Wait. Let's try again, it doesn't feel right." She added.

 

Sakura staying with her role and not interrupting Chaeyeon. She just looked at her with a serious face though she's dying to smile looking at her best friend's silly action.

 

"The truth is I like you the first time I met you. You're always the prettiest and the nicest. I.. I don't think I can live without you, you're always been by my side ever since. I always love you, but I can't tell you about my feelings because of... because I can't afford to lose you. That's why I'm contented on what we have, even I can't tell you straight how much I love you." Chaeyeon said those words in very sincere voice.

 

Sakura looked frozen as she know that those words are not for Minju but for someone else. She didn't know that Chaeyeon's feelings about that someone is that much deep. She stood at awe trying to stop her tears, she felt emotional hearing those sincere words from her best friend. Chaeyeon just looked at her and waited for her turn.

 

"I... I already have crush on you before I met you. I'm already looking at you from a far before I finally got the chance to be friends with you and know you more. You are the person closest to my heart and will always be. I... I'm too coward to tell you about my feelings because I know, I know you don't feel the same. But until now you're still the one I like, I don't want to pretend anymore. I want to tell you that I love you." Sakura said full of emotions.

 

Chaeyeon was also in awe as she heard Sakura's words. She knew that she's not referring to Hyewon but to someone else. started to get dry as she kept on stopping her tears from falling. She don't know what to feel but still need to stay on her role.

 

The two staring at each other with full of emotions. They can't continue as both of them were out of words. Their hearts are beating so fast and their hands are starting to shake.

 

"That's really good Sakura." Chaeyeon said and let go of Sakura's hands. 

 

"Same to you. You really did good. It feels real." Sakura replied while nodding.

 

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to play this silly pretending game." Chaeyeon said while biting her lips.

 

"Silly pretending game? No problem. Now we can end this pretending game." Sakura said with a teary eyed.

 

They kept nodding with each other with their eyes shaking, they both stopping their tears from falling. They are pretending like they heard nothing. They are always good at pretending and hiding their own feelings.

 

"Good luck on your date tomorrow Chaeyeon." Sakura said with a force smile.

 

"You too, don't forget to act pretty in front of her. Okay?" Chaeyeon teasingly said.

 

"I'm going now. Bye." Sakura turned her back to Chaeyeon and started to walk.

 

"Bye." Chaeyeon was left standing in front of the fountain. 

 

She's looking at Sakura walking away from her. She wants to stop her so badly, but she can't.

 

"I swear if you look back I will run to you and hug you like there's no tomorrow." 

 

She waited for 10 seconds while just looking at Sakura's back.

 

"8... 9... 10..." Chaeyeon smiled as she finished counting and smilingly turned around. She gave up and let go of Sakura.

 

On the hand Sakura suddenly stopped while wiping her tears.

 

"If you're still looking at me right now, I will run to you and hug you forever." Sakura told herself. 

 

She slowly looked back and saw Chaeyeon walking on the opposite way. She just smiled and continued walking. She gave up and let go of Chaeyeon.

 

The two smilingly walked on the opposite directions, wiping their tears and pretending like nothing happened. It was just a normal silly day spent with each other. 
 



-

 

 

 

*END*