Chapter 2

Frost and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

The sound of the lockers are heard as everyone slowly went to their classrooms. Behind her, she can feel that there is someone closely looking at her. She doesn’t want to think about it but when someone stares at her like that, she can’t help to think that it was him.

“Yah Jongin-ah stop it. I’m afraid she’ll melt.” Baekhyun gave him a light nudge as Baekhyun stared at Nara behind a post. “What is she to you and you act mad when she was around. Is she --”

“No one. She said she’s a different person.”

“What?” Baekhyun asked creasing his forehead. “So you met someone that just look like her?” He said asking again. Honestly, I don’t know the answer to that question. She acts differently from someone I used to know. The person I know is somewhat cheerful. A someone who resembles a sunshine. Someone who smiles so warm. But this one, the one whose name was Lee Nara. She’s a different one. A different soul. A different person from someone I used to love.

She finally close her locker and get all the things she needed. Her phone suddenly ring which she immediately took the call. She look sideways but when she found no one, she head to her classrooms not noticing Jongin from a distance.

“She finally head to our classroom. Might as well we go too.” Baekhyun said as a matter of fact. “How long are you going to follow her.”

“Until I finally proved that she is not someone else.”

“And when you finally proved it, what will you do?” His eyes followed her as she took her seat and bring out all the necessary things on the table. He doesn’t answer. Even him doesn’t have a proper answer to that question.

He and Baekhyun took their seat and his eyes still does not leave her. She stares at her side profile as she flips the page of her book. “Kim Jongin.” The professor called him. “Please read out loud the one on page 68.” He slowly walked in front and he softly brushed with his index finger Nara’s table as he passed in front of her sidely looking at her. She returned his look with cold eyes and no expression not moving an inch. He carefully read the passage written on their book and as he finished, the professor called another student. “Lee Nara.”

As she walks in front, he can still see the same person before. And as she started to read the passage, he can hear the same voice he used to be with. He remembers every moment they had when they first met. Summer.

 

Jongin pants as he run trying to catch his dog. His pet barks as it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter